Harmony342

Is everyone capable of self-actualizing or only some?

6 posts in this topic

I'm unsure whether to convince my friends to pursue self-actualization or whether I'm leading them astray because they're content without it. Trying to look out for their best interests! Maybe if someone could just help clarify the topic in general that would help. Thanks.

A holistic approach to self-development:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_SYn51AKL3DLkFsuqI9kbw

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Only the best one can, the rest is bound to suffer forever.

lol

just kidding, of course not, everyone IS self-actualizing in a way or another, but only a few do it consciously. 

Don't go on a self-actualization crusade, that almost always backfires. Do your thing, show what is possible, throw some hints here and there and let people ask you for help.

The only thing you can do is lead by example, most people you will encounter don't even understand self-improvement is an actual thing let aloe spirtuialty and non-duality. 

I’ve found “attraction rather than promotion” to work best. If I act aligned to self-actualization and personal development, some people may be attracted to that, others not. For example, if a friend asks me “What did you do this weekend?” And I reply “I tried a new form of meditation and got some cool insights I journaled about. Would you like to hear about it?”. I can also express the positive impacts self-=actualization / PD has had on my life - the greater peace, joy, wisdom etc. If they have interest, great. If not, great. They may have no interest and want to play video games. 

Likewise, if a friend comes to me for my opinion on a life issue - I may share some of my experience in self-actualization or PD that I found helpful. Perhaps they are interested, perhaps not.

Yet it doens’t go over to well when I start trying to convince someone that they need and should do self-actualization / PD work. I’ve met many people that I thought would benefit with introspective work. People with issues holding them back and making them miserable. I had good intentions, yet they just weren’t interested - they didn’t want to venture into that realm. I’ve never been able to force someone into it.  

I've found that if people are perfectly content with their lives living unconsciously or semi consciously that they don't really need to be thrown into enlightenment & self actualization work because trying to dismantle their perception of reality that they already enjoy as is tends to backfire especially if they don't have any desire to pursue self actualization to the fullest. Personally I ventured into self actualization because I was depressed & needed to come to these realizations, I tried to spread the message & then realized that not everyone is depressed & suffering tremendously to the point where they need to acknowledge these things 

Depends on what is self actualization and how the person actually defines it.