7thLetter

Self-Actualization/Spirituality Tattoo Ideas?

16 posts in this topic

Thread title might sound a bit ridiculous, but I'm looking to get a full sleeve tattoo some day and I'm having a hard time thinking up some ideas on what to get. I want to get something that has a lot of meaning to me, perhaps something related to self-actualization. I was trying to think of something that relates to the Spiral Dynamics model, maybe some abstract psychedelic art, or maybe a tattoo of statues of a couple popular greek philosophers.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Even better, if you could provide photos along with your suggestion. Thanks

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Get a tattoo of nothing so that you can rep your true nature. But for real: You should think about getting a tattoo of some kind of animal. Animals can be used in a lot of symbolic ways. And they can be nice kick starters for conversations. Try finding an animal that represents your values and look up some artwork online.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

2 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

I have human skull tattoo, bunch of texts in greek. Don't know where that fits in SD model. 

Skull is red. 

What do texts mean? 

getting a tattoo is the worst idea...

i don't like the idea of something definitive (i had a nightmare once were i was covered with tattoos).

how about leaving your skin blank? it's pure potencial

What parts of self actualization are most important and inspiring to you? Think about what you would put on a vision board/top values/aspirations for yourself. And then think about what images/symbols could represent that and end up being something you would love to have on your body.

For example,  I love the concept of Mastery. Those half circle designs George Leonard has on his book cover could be a tattoo. Its nothing crazy or super out there but it would have meaning for me 

@Soulbass Oh well, that’s your own opinion. Maybe you’re not the type to get a tattoo but I am, and other people are

@aklacor727 I will definitely use this to think of some ideas for myself, thank you

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

i have an ouroboros and a face with a 3rd eye kinda cheesy but i drew it myself so it means more to me lol. when i wanted tattoos i immediately thought of leo’s video of life going full circle so i got an ouroboros

Probably something small and symbolic of some concept you actually understand well (somebody said sacred geometry, so if you like sacred geometry go for it). If you want a tattoo this will make you more attractive without making you regret it in the future. The main thing probably is that you should love the thing you get tattooed.

You should try Leo's face 

Heyyy its leo 

But leooo 

Tada! 

Him laughing 

Him crying 

Him looking at his hand 

And his old and new logo

Tattoo all of that and Leo's energy will be on you. And that's the highest spiral dynamics anyone can get