jerrypua

How Do I Separate My Emotions From Business?

3 posts in this topic

I'm too emotional when it comes to business.

I notice myself getting super emotional when I make sales and my business is doing well...

But same (just the other way around - negative emotions) when something I've tested doesn't work and I'm not making sales, I'm breakeven or my business is in negative.

When this happens I try to unconsciously run away from those negative feelings by waking up late, or trying to get more sleep even if I don't feel like sleeping, using social media, clicking around the internet and not getting things done, and not being productive, eating junk food, etc.

My question is:

How do I separate my emotions from my business? Even when my business is good, how do I separate my emotions from it? How do I be more cold-hearted when it comes to the business world?

I have struggled with a similar mindset.  

I work in a medical field and I used to get really "up" when I had good patient outcomes.  It would boost my ego, and I took it personally.  Then, when I had an inevitable negative patient outcome, I would take it personally, and it would deflate my ego, and it would consume me.  

With time, I continue to tell myself to not take so much credit when there is a good outcome, and not take so much blame when there is a poor outcome.  Essentially, I recognized this pattern, and I reframed my self-talk and focused on taking pride in my communication and work ethic opposed to outcome.  

It doesn't completely excuse my feelings from being engaged, but the magnitude of my emotional engagement has been greatly reduced.  

bot

14 minutes ago, EvelynRBower said:

It is inevitable that with this pandemic a lot of business have and will suffer but I would recommend you to check nonprofit business plan on retail business plan examples as it might help you to start and grow my new business. I am sure you will benifit from it.

bot