Rasheed

Is 1 book per week enough?

36 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Dany Balan said:

Read only when you ecounter a problem in your life and in a book you find the exact blueprint on how to resolve that particular problem.Reading 1 book a week? WTF?! After 1 month passes and i ask you what you read you barely remember 1 or 2 main ideas.Read only when action fails and you need a blueprint to guide you! Please watch this video! 

So this guy is basically saying he has ADHD.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

2 hours ago, Dany Balan said:

@Rasheed I agree with your point to some extent.But if me and you, both,decide to learn how to play piano in just 6 months,who is going to play better piano after 6 months?you that have only read the whole 6 months books on how to play piano or me that has read 0 books and just sat in front of the piano multiple hours everyday trying to figure out how the piano works! BE HONEST 

Well it depends on what you are doing. Obviously playing a piano vs doing a sale for example are two different things. 

Do you want to fail a $10000 sale first, then only read after you fail?

Or do you want to prepare well by reading up on books on sales and your product first?

Edited by hyruga

If you can manage to read 1 book per week, you will become invincible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Dany Balan said:

pure garbage. this guy is a total stage red clown making his cash off of red piller betabux. 

Edited by Lyubov

6 hours ago, Dany Balan said:

@ 4:10 he compares a person who takes pure action and just practices the piano just hitting keys til something sounds good with a person who just reads a book and never does anything with it. 

then he goes the former will get way more results

which is true lol 

but what if the person did both? he would save a shit ton of time lmao. he studies optimal finger placement for efficient piano playing. he learns about popular songs that give good foundations for other songs. learn popular bars that have a foundation in most songs. he learns mindsets from top piano players who teach him how to play with joy instead of anxiety. he learns about common pitfalls along the journey of playing music etc.

Edited by Jacob Morres

If you have the motivation to read regularly you have the faculty to take action xD No one is sitting around reading books and not taking action. There are people who buy books and not read them though and do nothing. It's sad how low conscious people fall for god awful self help material. 

Edited by Lyubov

Most self help materials aren't that awful. If you can take 3-5 new nuggets of wisdom from each book, it will still be good for you. 

Even the worst books can give you insights such as 'Don't write something people already know' or 'how to not write a self help book'.

Yep, just read Godel Escher Bach this week, Not Knowing the week after, and Infinite Jest the week after that.

Report back :D

11 hours ago, Dany Balan said:

@Rasheed I agree with your point to some extent.But if me and you, both,decide to learn how to play piano in just 6 months,who is going to play better piano after 6 months?you that have only read the whole 6 months books on how to play piano or me that has read 0 books and just sat in front of the piano multiple hours everyday trying to figure out how the piano works! BE HONEST 

In your example, you would learn better than me, but I would not learn anything like that.:

Key is to do both. This is what Balancing Theory vs Practice is all about. 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

15 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

High quality books can be so densely packed with information that you can't possibly get through them in a week. (A stage yellow frustration

Lol spot on. 20 pages into a book on nutrition totally transformed my behavior in terms of what I put into my body. 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you can manage to read 1 book per week, you will become invincible.

@Leo Gura Why do you think that reading books are that important? There are also ideological traps that one can fall into while reading books right? So there is also a danger in reading lots of books without contemplating the nature of ideas and ideology. 

@bazera Just my perspective... indeed, you can fall into ideological traps when reading books, however, reading lots of diverse books is one of the best antidotes to paradigm lock. When you are exposed to hundreds or thousands of in-depth diverse perspectives, it becomes untenable to be trapped in a single ideology. If you read 40 books by the same author or even 40 books operating from the same paradigm or ideology, you're at great risk, even if you are relatively aware of the dangers of ideology. But when you study hundreds of diverse perspectives, you realize that there is some truth to all perspectives. You become a multi-perspectival thinker. In addition, books are so important because they shed light on your ignorance. You don't know what you don't know until learn it. When you learn something, ignorance turns into understanding. Darkness becomes light. The importance of reading books con only be truly understood from the perspective of having already read them. I'm sure you know that feeling of learning something extremely useful that changes the way you see reality and thinking "wow, I can't believe I lived my whole life without this knowledge. This is so important!" There's an infinite sea of books to explore, many with the potential to change your entire life. The more you read, the more you will want to read.

Transformation and Healing Course Coming Soon! https://www.youtube.com/c/davidmillervideos

@StripedGiraffe Yeap, that's the way I see too, and that's why I try to read lots of books on lots of different subjects.

But yeah, I can easily imagine a person reading only about his or her favorite perspective and deepening the dogma more and more. So yeah, books can become a tool of a devil, or an angel :D

@Rasheed I tottaly agree with you! Just my whole point is that we should take action 10 times more than we read! That is all i say!

Tony Robbins mentioned he read 700+ books in his younger time. He shut himself in a library and went on to become a successful life coach. 

1 book a week is certainly enough but why limit yourself as he always said? If you are free, you can always read more books on certain days so that your time is free up for next week/month. And you can certainly read 2-5 books per week. And of course carry out the actions too!