Wisebaxter

Concept Mapping - A Stage Yellow Power Tool

2 posts in this topic

I felt obliged to post about this on here as I've been using these things called concept maps and they're so friggin awesome. For those who haven't heard of them they're like mind maps but you define the relationship between each of the items on there - and they're more focused around concepts. Leo talks about concepts a lot and how much they dominate our experience, so having them in front of you on a screen and seeing how it's all related helps you to navigate through the maze a lot easier as it's not just a jumbled mess in your head. It aids your thinking process too as you're able to make the connections a lot faster in your mind. You'll soon notice how it's all infinite too as you can draw distinctions forever of course. The maps start to take on really intricate, beautiful shapes too, like God wants to create beauty and order out of it all. For example check out my 'Theory of Everything' Map. This is more a Map of where I want to be rather than where I currently am. Note that each concept can be set up to contain it's own Map. 

Theory of Everything.cmap.jpg

This software is completely free as well: https://cmap.ihmc.us/

And as if this wan't all cool enough, you can collaborate with other 'cmappers' on their cloud. So you can share a folder and both edit the same Map. As a strategic tool it's incredible. If anyone ever fancies working on one with me, for shits and gigs, pm me and I'll give you my email so you can add me on the cloud. 

Having a mental image is so powerful. You can practice making certain areas of the map stand out in your memory by staring at them for longer. For example, I stare at the Love section of my Map to imprint it and also feel the emotions there. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

Interesting. It's similar to the concept of Mind Mapping and Systems Dynamics (aka Systems Thinking).