Lindsay

What do you think about Jordan Peterson’s political views?

75 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Alex Trusk said:

What would be healthy blue.  What is a healthy atheist blue?

I think that the modus operandi of blue is a collectivist 'One Right Way' mindset. Atheism isn't incompatible with Blue, but religion maps much more easily onto that mindset than Atheism does, which becomes much more prominent at Orange.

Again that's not to say Atheism can't also be dogmatic, but it doesn't map as easily on to institutions as religion does. (I'd argue that examples like Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia map more neatly on to Red than Blue, but it's a debatable point).

Where Blue and Atheism do coexist, I've noticed that belief in a God tends to get replaced by an equally strong belief in some other ideology or institution (such as Marxism or the military).

Since the nature of Blue is a one right way mindset mapped onto a strong belief in something, be it religion, institutions, traditions, or family values, I would think that the healthier the ideology or institution that forms the core beliefs of Blue, the healthier a Blue individual will tend to be.

From my own experience, I've seen healthy Blue in my own life from my own grandparents, who've worked hard all thier lives, and are genuinely kind loving people, despite being outdated in their outlook on the world. I also think of friends I've had who joined the military but never saw active combat, and were fortunate enough to come back and have a relatively normal life.

Edited by DocWatts
Grammar

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

3 hours ago, Alex Trusk said:

What would be healthy blue.  What is a healthy atheist blue?

Healthy blue would be about teaching morals, ethics and values. You can be taught how to be a 'good person'. A Stage Red person who is tired of fighting for their safety will really lap it up and embrace a peaceful, stable, safe and secure Stage Blue life if there is someone to teach them.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

lmao I came across this and couldn’t stop laughing. 

I actually watched some JP lectures and it got me thinking...he has a very complex mind and it gives birth to many good insights

And yet he is very ideological and his political views are so ignorant. He also seems to carry a lot of resentment and pain and a closed heart

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

On 8/25/2020 at 0:14 PM, humanProcess said:

his the gist of what he had to say to Wolff. How much evidence do you need about marxism?

Hey thanks for posting this one ☝️. I missed it. I’m a fan of Wolff and this gave me closure. ?I wish Peterson would just accept another debate. Maybe Zizek confused him too much. 

Those ears on Ham Sarris :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but it also matters how it is done. There are healthy and unhealthy ways to go Blue.

EXACTLY. Countless egos(particularly Red egos) will readily co-opt religion and even in some cases spirituality in order to justify and further themselves.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:11 PM, Lindsay said:

lmao I came across this and couldn’t stop laughing. 

This is the only Jordan Peterson video anyone ever needs to watch.

Jordan is a conservative that flirts with fascism unconsciously. Once he finds this out he’ll have a Mind-Break. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

7 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:

Once he finds this out

That's a big IF.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Jordan Peterson, an interesting figure nowadays, no doubt.

• He may deserve recognition for his contribution in the field of self-development. A best-seller book "12 rules for life", which I have not read, so I can't say much about it. If he has helped thousands of guys to clean their rooms, it's not a bad accomplishment.
  • He became famous by opposing to use new alternative pronouns, which I find it's okay. A lot of his fame comes from these culture wars, which are not that important in the big picture, although they can be interesting in many ways. He uses those culture wars to make other political points that have no relation at all or to ridicule the ideas that he doesn't like by pointing those extremes as they were a whole.
  • Politically he has not proved to have a lot of knowledge, he can debate students and mainstream media figures, but when put beside a real intellectual in the field like Zizek, it's clear he is far below. That wouldn't necessarily mean he doesn't make valid political points, but it's not the case. I'm not sure if he really believes progressives that want to fight inequality, poverty, and injustice want to build some kind of tyranny, or he just uses that as a strawman fallacy, both cases would leave him in a bad place. Neo-Marxist means nothing, but the term triggers his followers, so good for him, but it's quite dishonest.

He is having some health issues lately if I'm not wrong. I really hope he gets well.