Into The Void

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj Quote of Quotes

15 posts in this topic

nice one <3

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Why can't i perceive myself?

If All is One, wouldn't that mean that whatever I perceive is me? Including body, feelings and thoughts?

It would be more precise to say that I am not only this or that. 

Saying that I am not anything I can perceive seems to create dissociation.

then according to nisgardatta consciousness cannot perceive itself. Then, how he knows he is the conciousness?

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

then according to nisgardatta consciousness cannot perceive itself. Then, how he knows he is the conciousness?

By eliminating (i.e., neti,neti) everything which can be known/perceived as what "I" am not,you eventually arrive at what can't be eliminated and is the source from which perceiving and perceived is made possible. Just as the eye that see's can't turn and see itself,so it is with consciousness. Consciousness is inherently self existing,self knowing. By realizing "I" am that by which I know I exist" is Consciousness "waking up" from it's contracted identification with form (I-concept) and realizing it's original formless,non-contracted,boundless limitless nature.

3 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

It's dis-identifying and severing the attachment from what is not true. When "what I am not" has been thoroughly seen through,what "I am"/what is/ Truth, stands alone as the One sole reality/existence/consciousness. Dissociation is not an experience of such realization. If it is, then it's not the realization of Truth.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

15 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

perception implies a subject-object-duality . 

All that you can perceive is dependent on a subject perceiving an object (thought, body, emotion, tree, whatever).

But when you get deep into non-duality you begin to understand that the distinction between subject (me, ego, self) and object (other or body or world) is artificial; it isn't grounded in anything true. 

The apparent (illusory) dualites of life exist only to serve survival. 

It's all one/nothing when you get to the bottom of it (if you dare to, hehe). This will destroy you, absolutely. All boundaries must collapse.

The Self (God/Nothingness/Infinite Love) isn't something that can be perceived or found. Because it is ALWAYS the case. Everything is *THAT*, -- You are That -- and it is absolutely empty. It's right in front of your eyes... not to be perceived, but to BE.

In fact, perception, and your constant insisting on trying to conclude something 'true' about yourself, or the world, is what hinders you from 'becoming IT' (though you already are it).

Everything is the Pure Infinite Love-state. 
To seek it is to lose it.

What hinders one in getting carried away?
That one is trying to get to something 'true'.
To get to the truth is to get carried away.
To get carried away IS the truth ... - what else is there to do?

Lose yourself to find Yourself.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

12 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

By eliminating (i.e., neti,neti) everything which can be known/perceived as what "I" am not,you eventually arrive at what can't be eliminated and is the source from which perceiving and perceived is made possible. Just as the eye that see's can't turn and see itself,so it is with consciousness.

The eye could see itself in a mirror. Maybe us, the humans, are the mirror

17 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Yes, the quote is from I Ak That and Nisa actually clarifies that in another talk 

17 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

If All is One, wouldn't that mean that whatever I perceive is me? Including body, feelings and thoughts?

Exactly. 

The irony is that you are nothing and you are everything.

Is a matter of words/perspective.

7 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

perception implies a subject-object-duality . 

All that you can perceive is dependent on a subject perceiving an object (thought, body, emotion, tree, whatever).

But when you get deep into non-duality you begin to understand that the distinction between subject (me, ego, self) and object (other or body or world) is artificial; it isn't grounded in anything true. 

The apparent (illusory) dualites of life exist only to serve survival. 

It's all one/nothing when you get to the bottom of it (if you dare to, hehe). This will destroy you, absolutely. All boundaries must collapse.

The Self (God/Nothingness/Infinite Love) isn't something that can be perceived or found. Because it is ALWAYS the case. Everything is *THAT*, -- You are That -- and it is absolutely empty. It's right in front of your eyes... not to be perceived, but to BE.

In fact, perception, and your constant insisting on trying to conclude something 'true' about yourself, or the world, is what hinders you from 'becoming IT' (though you already are it).

Everything is the Pure Infinite Love-state. 
To seek it is to lose it.

What hinders one in getting carried away?
That one is trying to get to something 'true'.
To get to the truth is to get carried away.
To get carried away IS the truth ... - what else is there to do?

Lose yourself to find Yourself.

So good explained ❣️?almost gave me goosebumps. Have you considered becoming a spiritual teacher? YouTube channel/podcast?

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

So good explained ❣️?almost gave me goosebumps. Have you considered becoming a spiritual teacher? YouTube channel/podcast?

Thank you ❤️i'll consider it, still feels like i have a lot to integrate / some ego left to surrender.

It's stressful to work in a kindergarten?

Hopefully i get accepted at a bachelor of Psychology at a Danish university next year - psychedelic therapy is the future ???

22 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Thank you ❤️i'll consider it, still feels like i have a lot to integrate / some ego left to surrender.

It's stressful to work in a kindergarten?

Hopefully i get accepted at a bachelor of Psychology at a Danish university next year - psychedelic therapy is the future ???

Hell yes, go for it. I instinct you could be great at it.

12 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

The eye could see itself in a mirror.

Lol, well of course. The analogy is being used in the context of not looking in a mirror.
The assumption was made that most are intelligent enough to get what is being said.

6 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

Lol, well of course. The analogy is being used in the context of not looking in a mirror.
The assumption was made that most are intelligent enough to get what is being said.

all of us are intelligent enough. This is not an exercise in intelligence but in seeing