Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aden

Lost and overwhelmed

3 posts in this topic

I have gone through stages for the last 5 years of watching leo intensly and then going and getting lost in life. Im 20 and i recently seperated with my partner. I have a real chance now to really hook in and do some serious work on myself and figure out what i want from life. This scares me. On one hand i have amazing friends, family and support, but on the other i crave truth. I am worried because, i am not sure if both of these go togethor. Thus i am afraid which is ovbiously my ego talking. 

In the past ive had some horrible panic attacks and existential moments and to recover to the point that im at now feels very good. so i guess im afraid that a pursuit of truth and time spent inside my own head will once again bring insanity, and paranoia towards the people that love me. I dont really know what i want to say, or what i want to do lol. I figured this would be a place where maybe i could have a chat with people with a little more life experience.

Hi, 

Can you tell us more. Why do you feel that family and truth don't go together? Do you feel that your family has a life plan for you that you can't change?

Happy to hear more from you

Hey Aden, 

It's my hope that this work you are doing on yourself will lead to a beautiful and more conscious way of life, one where you can love and connect with all of reality on the deepest levels. This includes with your family, friends, and future partners (who ironically are you from a non-dual perspective). That said, this is the time to question and contemplate every thing you ever thought about the world, even if it's rough road at first and puts tension on your present relationships. At the end of the day, most folks wont understand the process of pursing truth, tough pill but that's just the way the world is presently. Speaking from experience, you will probable get lost, but thanks to the resources here and online I'm sure that you can find balance again.

Take your time and think deeply about your wants, it's a process and be sure to soak in as much higher consciousness/quality knowledge as you can. You got this!