Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Iverson

Understanding Emotions ( i'm confused about Good and Bad Emotions Approach)

5 posts in this topic

I am confuse about emotions. The idea is that we need to fully experience both emotions either the good and the bad. right? that is how it should be done.

i'm confused about if this approach i'm going to share is right because i don't want to fall in to a trap

So this is where i am coming from: (i'm going to fully experience both emotions that comes in my body in the right moment of negative or positive emotions coming up, if that is bad i am going to feel it then forget about it, the important for me is to be focus on the good and let that emotion drive my actions towards people, towards how i want to express myself.

what I'm going to give in my environment and for the people that surrounds me is coming from positive and good emotions which is the desire i am talking about..)

Yes if i have negative emotions i should still fully feel the negative emotions maybe i am going to sit down for a while, then after a minute of getting conscious about it and fully feel it then i will drop the negative emotion, the important emotion for me is good emotion so i am going to focus myself in that. with good emotion(desire) i will let myself express it .. and pursue it.. i will not dwell so much in negative emotions..rather i will dwell myself in to the good emotion MOOOOOOOORE!! , i will let myself to feel more the good emotions and let the good feeling guide myself

it's like between feeling good and bad, i am going to choose the good than bad.. but Leo said it we must feel both emotions don't label it the good and the bad.. 

What do you think?? Is it the right approach? Or should not i attach myself in to the good? 

But if that is the case how am I supposed to live? Or act? If i should not give in to the good emotion such as desire? Oh man!! I think the good is the gasoline in my journey... 

Edited by John Iverson

@John Iverson IME, the more you accept the constantly changing emotions, without distracting yourself or trying to suppress them in some way, the more you have access to "positive" emotions and especially to an underlying blissful state of calmness. 

For me, this helps me get out of inaction faster and gives me a boost in energy. 

What you described sounds about right. Maybe try to not attach too much to the good feelings because there will inevitably be moments where they aren't present. But by being present with all of your emotions, the ones that don't feel good won't keep you stuck and will actually help you know yourself better.

17 hours ago, Farnaby said:

For me, this helps me get out of inaction faster and gives me a boost in energy. 

This is kinda my problem the inaction .. given what you have said i am hopeful that by giving in to my positive emotions and accepting the constanly changing emotions i could achieve many things in my life..

suppose i am having no emotion in the moment specially not havig a good feeling in the meantime, not that motivated to do anything because the positive emotion is our motivation driver right? So what am i going to do

There are no good or bad emotions. This is just a mental constructs made by humans. 

For example, you feel fear when you are standing on heights at the edge of the cliff. Understand that the fear is there to protect you and to stop you from doing stupid things. So fear can be a good thing in this case. 

So the reason why you have fear is because you are not prepared for it (The fall).

Edited by hyruga

23 hours ago, hyruga said:

There are no good or bad emotions. This is just a mental constructs made by humans. 

For example, you feel fear when you are standing on heights at the edge of the cliff. Understand that the fear is there to protect you and to stop you from doing stupid things. So fear can be a good thing in this case. 

So the reason why you have fear is because you are not prepared for it (The fall).

Thank youuu