Matt23

Brain/mind growth after 25/30...?

25 posts in this topic

@Thought Art [Thumbs Up] !

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

On 22.8.2020 at 7:34 AM, Ya know said:

It's interesting. I've heard the claim that fluid intelligence decreases with age (around 25 when the brain is ''fully grown'') but these findings are limited to evidence.. and we know how sketchy that realm can be.

I say don't allow a consensus to put a limit on what you think you can achieve. In my opinion, certainly cognitive function declines in middle age, but that's based upon the lowest common denominator. The majority of society consumes poison on an almost daily basis, takes no interest in consciousness, watches entertainment constantly and rarely self reflects. Snowball those habits for a few years and it's no surprise the brain prunes the ability to think creatively - the environment does not require it.

Is it possible to grow beyond 25? Yeah dude. The more you grow to be a more loving person (in tune with the universe) the more you will see reality clearly. With enhanced perception comes the ability to synthesize information others cannot - which is the backbone of creativity. Manifesting something out of the unmanifested. 

I am 28 and became much more open minded, intelligent, empathetic, bold, creative, free etc. in the last 1.5 years through constant development work.

I never was like that before, so to me brain age is actually not a problem at all :)

Edited by Vittorio

Well I've stopped my brain development ever since Neil's fiasco. Can't enter academia of science so why develop it further. 

Much more into ❤️ now. 

On 8/22/2020 at 9:39 PM, Himanshu said:

Your body-mind adapts to the degree of challenges it has to face every day. If you increase the challenge, you increase their capability. If you keep seeking novel experiences and keep pushing the limits of your body-mind.. keep exploring new ways of thinking, feeling, and being.. You will keep growing. 

As someone else pointed out, if you don't step out of the house after you are 18, you have hit a plateau. 

The thing is.. the collective drag of culture to settle is huge - and you have to proactively work against it.

Also, bigger, denser brain = high conceptual capacity. There are nootropics for just that.

Agreed with everything except the 'bigger, denser brain = high conceptual capacity' part. There is no evidence that the brain structure influences your conceptual capacity.

2 hours ago, Member said:

Agreed with everything except the 'bigger, denser brain = high conceptual capacity' part. There is no evidence that the brain structure influences your conceptual capacity.

There is some research around that. I guessed about the nootropics part though. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/does-brain-size-matter1/