Eren Eeager

I am traumatized. Help!!

26 posts in this topic

Ok I have traumatized myself by thoughts. My thoughts were going all wild for a long time, and I was traumatized by them. 

I have been dealing with these traumas and try to release them for a long time but it is a very slow process and I want to get going in my life and chase my dreams. 

what would be the best way to release trauma and clear up my thoughts?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Were you doing lots of spiritual practices during this time the thoughts came?  Meditation, yoga, self-inquiry, psychedelics, etc.?  I've heard that sometimes lots of negativity can come up through a purging process.

Also, it could possibly be related to trauma in the past (I'm not saying it is though).  

Here are some resources and people that I've used and discovered relating to the trauma field.

• Peter Levine & Somatic Experiencing
    • Books
      • Healing Trauma
        • comes with a CD and a trauma-healing program
      • Waking the Tiger
        • More about acute, or "shock", trauma incidents, like car crashes and abuse, but it's very illuminating about how trauma cycles work in general and how the body stores trauma within the nervous system.
          • Basically, animals go through specific cycles when a traumatic event occurs.  But, due to our Neo-cortex, humans can short-circuit the instinctual trauma cycles from completing.  When this happens, the uncompleted traumatic energy is stored in our nervous systems and bodies but is still looking for complete its cycle.  So, the energy will unconsciously try to complete and relieve itself by acting out in unconscious ways; like autoimmune diseases, reoccurring accidents, relational patterns, etc..  The body is trying to re-create the same traumatic event that happened in the past so it can complete the cycle that never occurred.  The only issue is that each new event will be different than the initial event, leading to new problems and even making the trauma worse.
        • Less practical and more theoretical.
  • Bessel van der Kolk
    • Book
      • The Body Keeps the Score
        • I have recently started this one, but it's interesting so far.
        • Near the end it has a "Paths to Recovery" section where it outlines specific actions and techniques like EMDR, Yoga, theater, and Neurofeedback.
  • Things to research
    • Developmental trauma
    • Acute / Shock trauma
    • Polyvagal theory

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Sit unconditionally with the feelings of trauma. Be fully present with them without wanting them to dissapear. Do this for 20 minutes each day. Try to feel and accept the feelings fully, and if it helps, repeat "I am unconditionally present here with you" to the feeling.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Eren Eeager  Could you explains what your thoughts are, like what about them is traumatizing you?

thinking about red stage things and how I am incapable of dealing with different with them . Wondering If I am weak/unconfident. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

go for a walk

preferably somewhere in nature

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

If you have health insurance you can go see a somatic therapist 

You can also go see a meditation teacher specialized in this kind of stuff 

Those 2 I find beneficial and can help you develop

grounding techniques: deep breathing and grounding yourself into the present moment with feel, sight, hearing -  helping you come to the prsent moment and quieting the thoughts

feeling techniques: allowing the pain to arise and feeling them fully with intention of letting them go and acceptance - allows the pain to be a non issue and let go

inner child work: speaking to yourself kindly and lovingly. Helps you develop self love and compassion and forgiveness. Love will make you feel good

Observing techniques: noticing the thoughts that arise and letting them be without judgement. Will pass with time 

surrender: surrendering to the issue will cause acceptance and peace with the issue. The fear will pass 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Realize your thoughts aren't actually you, and don't reflect reality.

They are merely things that arise and fade in and out of mind. Like leaves in the wind.

You are not your mind.

YOU are not your mind.

YOU are NOT your mind!

hrhrhtewgfegege

On 21. 8. 2020 at 5:48 PM, QandC said:

No use asking important questions like these on this forum anymore. The people on this forum care more about disproving solipsism, if Jesus was real or not, and shamanism healing. Sorry mate

Although this is partially and sadly true, I don't know for how long you have been here, but in my opinion, it's gotten better :) I don't know if you realize it, but only you guys can raise the consciousness of this community, so please do that, it's for your own good. Also you can leave anytime if you aren't satisfied with the value you get from here...

On 21. 8. 2020 at 8:49 PM, Eren Eeager said:

thinking about red stage things and how I am incapable of dealing with different with them . Wondering If I am weak/unconfident. 

@Eren Eeager  Do you mean motivation, boundaries in relationships, being decisive, practical...?

Guys I keep criticizing/judging/doubting myself. It is like I am addicted to it. my self esteem is at the rock bottom because of that.

1 minute ago, Eren Eeager said:

Guys I keep criticizing/judging/doubting myself. It is like I am addicted to it. my self esteem is at the rock bottom because of that.

@Eren Eeager  Is this what you mean by the obsessive thoughts you mention in your other comments on this forum?

yeah along many other things but lately mainly self-doubt

@bejapuskas because I was never this dude who is confident/assertive and then I got these thoughts stuck in my head. I try to ignore them but they are deep rooted in my mind

1 hour ago, Eren Eeager said:

because I was never this dude who is confident/assertive

then who are you? Forget for now any deep existential  might-be answers. I'm just asking you what is your immediate analysis of yourself. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance I know  I can be what I want and I know that all these thoughts are wrong and illusory but they are deep embedded in my psyche  I struggle to overpower or ignore them 

@Eren Eeager  Yeh don't judge yourself, you aren't for being ignorant. What is it that you want, what kind of life story sounds great?