DefinitelyNotARobot

Chakras: Where do I start?

22 posts in this topic

Hey there! I'd like to get into Chakras, but I don't really know anything about them . I don't even know if they are real or not, but I'd like to find out. I've already created a playlist with a few guided meditations, so that I can perform an experiment on myself. But I still have a few questions:

1. Can somebody give me an introduction/send me a video that introduces the concept of Chakras? I don't really know anything about them, I've watched multiple videos on them, but the information is very inconsistent. I've found a lot of new-agey, pseudo-scientific gibberish, by stage green folks, but I'd like to have a more grounded explanation from somebody who is more advanced in this topic.
  2. Are there any important things I should know when doing Chakra meditation (or whatever it is called)? Any potential dangers, important nuances etc.? Or should I just follow the guided meditation?
  3. How long does it usually take until one starts to feel the effects of the meditation? I plan on doing one Chakra per day.

I am trying to go in without any biases, but I'd still like to have some basic information on the topic, just so that I know what I am getting myself into, you know?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot
oh no

beep boop

Why chakras?  Why not the chinese they are very good with energy? The whole daoist system in a nutshell:

You probably know that they have accupuncture. But also the energy martial arts tai chi bagua and hsing i  make use of energy. So this is not a mental subtle thing , the energy will open up the whole body, make you feel more alive, improve your sex life, calm the monkey mind and will get you towards enlightenment.

Vast amount of people do energy practices in china. It's called qigong.

There energysystem can be described with 5 volumes of 700 pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GTQLRNV/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0

Compared to kriya yoga this route will be more embodied, the whole body will get filled with energy and in the end become relaxed. Just like kriya at a certain moment you will open third eye and big amounts of energy will also go towards the head.

You will learn to recognize all sorts of energies (sexual,heaven and earth, heart) and even mix them (esoteric alchemy). But all that is far away in the beginning and will now sound very exotic. In the beginning starting to feel energy is the first challenge.

15 minutes a day is all you need.

Healing Tao , sexual qi gong, enlighten tai chi or deep healing chi kung maybe one of the practices that are interesting to have a look at.

If you are into entheogens, then opening up the whole energetic system at least once with 5-meo-dmt may speed up your progress.

Edited by humanProcess

@DefinitelyNotARobot Yeah so when you're meditating with focus on chakras, body awareness is what you're developing and trying to become good at as well. 

My experience with chakras is in Kriya Yoga. I do practices which have the chakra model as a foundation not because I think it's literally true. Neither do I think it's completely untrue. I don't know what is true about chakras, other than Kriya Yoga works. 

In the Kriya Yoga model I've been exposed to, one's goal is to get prana to rise from your lower chakras into your higher chakras, the 7th chakra as the end point. But before you move to the seventh, the 6th chakra and third eye is a stable goal. And all the kriya yoga techniques are supposed to aid in this. Certain breathing techniques and visualisations, etc. There's this breathing technique where you constrict your throat like a straw which is important in kriya yoga. 
--
How long does it take to get results? The effects of chakra meditation are of the same general quality of meditation in general. It's all trying to raise your consciousness. 
Whilst visualising a human as an alchemist's pot which will react differently to different kinds of meditation and inputs may be true, universal principles which apply to all people are hard to find. Everyone is different, direct experience and trial and error is king. 
---
I think if u really care about chakras, getting a good book on kundalini or kriya yoga is one option and will do you good

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@DefinitelyNotARobot   Maybe it's an idea to start with sexual energy. I guess since you understand there is something special with energy you might be openminded enough for this.  This practice will transform your sex life when you become enough advanced. Then you can control your horniness and make sex a dance of abundance. Also you can then have sex and instead of feeling drained become more energized! There is an old dvd for free online:

6 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

new-agey, pseudo-scientific gibberish, by stage green folks

You might have more bias than you’re realizing. I googled ‘understanding the chakras’ and looked at the first three sites. They were really clear, specific and informative. Not sure who wrote them. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Yeah you are right, I'm still too logical and analytical that's what I mean by being unbalanced, I just don't really trust stage green when it comes to spirituality as it strikes me as a little... uh... immature? (not sure if that's the right word here)

But I might be wrong to assume that everybody who's at stage green has an immature sense of spirituality, it's just what I've observed so far.

beep boop

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Nahm Yeah you are right, I'm still too logical and analytical that's what I mean by being unbalanced, I just don't really trust stage green when it comes to spirituality as it strikes me as a little... uh... immature? (not sure if that's the right word here)

But I might be wrong to assume that about everybody who's at stage green has an immature sense of spirituality, but that's just what I've observed so far.

From stage orange, stage green seems super immature and totally just feelings with no real reason to even believe that those things would mean anything, like really wheres the proof, only science facts and real stuff man right?  Haha, man your in for a treat.

@DefinitelyNotARobot

Sometimes one’s judgment & belief in self worth is another’s overly logical & analytical. I’d read the info and give it some direct experience, along with the guided meditations. I think you’ll like it. I don’t think it’s serving you to mix spiral dynamics with your path. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Mu_ Yeah I do get what you are saying. It just looks to me like a lot of stage green folks make some kind of religion out of spirituality. They believe it because somebody told them or they read it somewhere. I'd rather conduct experiments on myself and witness it in my own direct experience. But that's probably the part of me that is still a little orange. Maybe those people are just better at dealing with intuition. But that would be a a topic for another post. I guess we can agree on that I still have a lot of learning to do, can we?

beep boop

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I don’t think it’s serving you to mix spiral dynamics with your path. 

You're probably be right I'll keep it in mind!

Also would you mind to pass me the articles you were talking about? You might have gotten different results than I have.

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot  Good , Mantak Chia, the one from the video, healing tao, qigong, good martial tai chi artist, he has done different energy practices also with chakras. He says with his practices you will in the proces also open the chakras.

Michael Winn who popularizes enlightenment chi kung also did tantra kriya, kundalini if I am right and noted that the nice thing of this qigong system is that you get very good rooted and bodyawareness and les sudden energy phenonema that cause problems. This is because not all energy goes directly to the head. The energy because of circulating and alchemy gets refinement. Very peacefull feeling i can atest. So it is really body friendly.

Kriya yoga at the other hand sends the energy directly upward and will probably be quicker in the beginning.

To be fair i should also mention the water method who may be even more bodyfriendly. But probably I expect to be a bit slower. Big name in that fiels is Bruce Frantzis. He is also very advanced in qigong, martial arts: Bagua, tai chi and Hsing i.

Ok now you have quite an overview. Good luck.

O wait buddhist also have an interesting energy yoga practice called Kum nye. Also one of the lesser known ones who also deserves some attention.

Edited by humanProcess

6 minutes ago, humanProcess said:

The energy because of circulating and alchemy gets refinement

How are energy practices and alchemy related? I always thought of alchemy as a more ancient form of chemistry, but I don't know anything about it to be fair. I'll also check out the names you gave me, thanks for all the info!

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot Its meant more metaphorical, your mixing things like an alchemist does. When you mix sexual energy with heart energy, add in some earth and heaven energy, you get a very nice effect.  But this probably sounds a bit special. This usually done after years of practice in the phase called little enlightenment. By then you really feel it and then its not some strange theoretical thing, it is then experienced directly.

Edited by humanProcess

@humanProcessThanks for the video it is really interesting ! Idk how my story fits here, but what this guy is saying resonates with me (Also, I have been trying to ejaculate up my spine for few mouths, and I think this practice will help :) .  It is what happens when my kundalini activates. Big pressure in my head activates the energy, it goes down my balls, all the way to my legs. It lasted for 2-3 hours. It was crazy. It felt like Im burning from inside(it wasent painful ofc), but In the same time I was the energy, and there was no one burning. I have no idea of explaining that !

@DefinitelyNotARobot This shit is real my friend :D 

@humanProcess Ah I've seen similar things within the yogic system.

It's a lot to take in at the beginning, I'll try to work myself up one step at a time!

beep boop