March

How do you find a mentor?

7 posts in this topic

Looking for some ideas... your experiences on finding a mentor for your life purpose?

Edited by March

@March

hard, i just got into my field and met several inspiring people. to find a real mentor like in the movies seems almost impossible to me

maybe follow/connect with people online that align with your life purpose or go to networking events/groups from things like meetup.com 

You can find groups on facebook in areas of interest and reach out to them. some people are very happy to help and answer questions.

Also if you have a friend that is happy to help 

There's also a book called reach out by molly beck. it's a new approach to networking. she also has a 100 day challenge where you reach out to a new person for 100 days to help you in your networking/social goals 

[

]

there's also some theory surrounding mentoring that id recommend checking out before you get started, help prep your mind and give you some wisdom and on how to go about it

also, i have a friend that is a master genius at networking, it's one of his keys to success (he built a large company). not really sure what he did exactly, I never asked him. but from what i observe, he spends a good time reaching out to people, making friends, maintaining relationships, doing interviews with people to ask questions. he's had many mentors of the course of his time running businesses. 

Edited by Jacob Morres

offer your services for free , you should build some amount of skill in your field before getting a MENTOR .

if you dont find it its okay , you can get to your purpose with the direct experience , read the book MASTERY by Robert Greene .

“It is never wise to purposefully do without the benefits of having a mentor in your life. You will waste valuable time in finding and shaping what you need to know. But sometimes you have no choice. There is simply no one around who can fill the role, and you are left to your own devices. In such a case, you must make a virtue of necessity. That was the path taken by perhaps the greatest historical figure to ever attain mastery alone—Thomas Alva Edison (1847–1931).”

Excerpt From: Greene, Robert. “Mastery.” iBooks.

Edited by effy01
adding more information

Digest CEO's interviews → that's a form of mentorship.

This dude makes a good point on that.