WaterDroplet--00

Australian PM covid-19

9 posts in this topic

So the Australian Prime Minister has made multiple statements about how he wants 95 percent of the Australian population to be vaccinated against covid-19, once the vaccine comes out, (65 percent is apparently enough to achieve herd immunity). This goal is expected to be achieved by coercing people into the medical procedure by making it illegal to attend a dinner outing, go into pubs, utilise public transport, come back to Australia (if you are overseas), or travel out of the country. If you are not proven to be vaccinated. Public poles when out a few weeks ago which say apparently 70 percent of the population were for the vaccine anyway and of that 30 percent many were just sceptical of how quickly the vaccine would be made without sufficient testing.. 

Anyway I thought i'd make this just to see what people thought of these measures and restrictions being taken. To me it seems extremely unsolicited and oppressive, especially considering that we haven't even had that many cases. (not considering Victoria  :0). So what do people think. Is that something a government and MP should do?  

I don’t really know australian politics that well but from what I’ve seen from Scott Morrison, it seems like he’s stage blue/orange and he really really cares about making sure he has a good legacy but also seems like a neolib. Australia kind of has a hive mind which America doesn’t so maybe it’s more logical for people to get the vaccine, it doesn’t seem like anyone cares about compulsory voting there either and I know forced vaccination is a big issue it seems something of a trend. 

I see on the polls that 9 news does that most people want everything shut down if covid keeps happening so it doesn’t seem like the Australian population has a problem with it. Although I know it would be a problem in Canada and in America, personally I wouldn’t want that law and I haven’t been vaccinated for a while, but I can understand people who do want to be.

my reasoning is if I am already wearing a mask in public places and following all the norms why get the vaccine? It would be for my well being but it’s a good point that the trials are not long term

Edited by Gidiot

33 minutes ago, Gidiot said:

it seems like he’s stage blue/orange and he really really cares about making sure he has a good legacy

:) that is an accurate spiral analysis i'd say. 

Also what you say about the Australian population being more hive mind oriented is certainly true in comparison to the United States. However there has been a fair share of protesting and aggressive whiplash stemming from the lock-downs and covid fines and all that. I thing at one point the numbers were around 15,000 protesters in Melbourne a couple months back, against border blocks and lock-down rules and what not. The problem with these stringent control measures, is that it's only going to create more conflict and aggression. For those who are anti-acquiescent in nature, it's only going to justify their anti-establishment mindset and radicalise them against the state.. And as for the anti-vax movement, oh man, if you really wanted to pour fuel on that fire, just do exactly what Morrison is proposing. 

Ahhhhh, this moment in history is so fun. Definitely an exciting time to be alive :) 

Ps. thank you for your reply love u, @Gidiot

11 hours ago, WaterDroplet--00 said:

However there has been a fair share of protesting and aggressive whiplash stemming from the lock-downs and covid fines

Those protests are clear examples of toxic libertarianism. 

13 hours ago, WaterDroplet--00 said:

To me it seems extremely unsolicited and oppressive

That's because you're a libertarian that can't handle giving up your freedom for the greater good, because there's nothing out there more special than your clubbing and house parties. 

13 hours ago, WaterDroplet--00 said:

So what do people think. Is that something a government and MP should do?  

Yes. Because saving the lives of the elderly are more important than sustaining your freedom.

Don't go demonising the lower stages just because you're a higher stage. Stage blue is extremely important in society, and will always be. Turquoise builds up from blue. 

If you want to look at things properly, you should look at the countries that have handled this situation well, and copy them. China, Thailand, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc. Have handled it well. What did they do? Enforce laws that suppressed freedom for the greater good. And it worked. So the right thing to do is to shove your freedom bullshit up your ass. Plain and simple. 

I don’t think forcing people to get a vaccine is helpful, but I think incentivizing them is the way to go, sure you save lives which is most important but I don’t think in this specific case I can defend a vaccine that has no long term clinical trials. 

maybe if it was proven to be harmless,

I think people should have the right to choose but I don’t think a mask mandate is the same thing as a vaccine. 

Having the vaccine be free would be great, having tax incentives or small rewards for getting the vaccine is great. 

being culturally libertarian has its pros and cons, obviously we are seeing America and the western world have suffered a lot more than eastern Asian countries which are more stage blue, but also when it’s not a pandemic which society would you want to live in. 

in not anti vaxx at all but I don’t see the issue as anti vaccine or compulsory vaccine.

@Gidiot That's my issue with it too, making it compulsory so soon after its been developed with no long-term trials could potentially lead to mass health problems down the line. From what I understand a successful vaccine has never been developed for a coronavirus, so if one is developed shortly for this it'll be treading whole new ground which could have unforeseen implications down the line. I think making it mandatory after two or so years of trials that show no long-term health effects could be a good idea, but otherwise I just feel it's too risky to make everyone take it.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@WaterDroplet--00  no problem, I have some friends in Melbourne and I think scomo is trusted more than a Donald trump in his home country, I want things to get better but I’ve just never liked the idea of forcing people to take vaccines or any drugs for that matter.

i could change my mind if it’s a effective but I still don’t like the precedent

@Apparition of Jack yea I like the idea of vaccinating everyone if it works, but I just can’t let it be compulsory, maybe mandated but not compulsory.

even if no side effects I like to keep the body pure and I take extreme measures to make sure I don’t get virus, not everyone has a life out of public like me but still it sets a bad precedent that the government could mandate any vaccine