Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blankisomeone

How do I untie these knots in my heart?

8 posts in this topic

Anything and everything you can come up with to self-love.

Physical contact comfort is a big one. If you have a spouse, regularly take lots of time to snuggle up close together. If you don't, use any substitute, whether it's a blanket, a body pillow, a teddy bear, a sex doll, whatever works. Have a dedicated comfort object.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_object

I'm not joking either. Works miracles for me. And the best part about it is that it's totally yummie! When you eat lots of yummie shit or do lots of yummie shit, it's usually bad for you. Not so with this. This is a spiritual practice that is as yummie as it is fundamental, and it's also a great way to ground yourself in feeling / somatic awareness. This could be your meditation. This could be your "resting in I Am". This could be your "abiding as awareness". Do it any time you feel like it, as much as you want. Permission to indulge and enjoy.

Check this:

Edited by Johnny5

@Johnny5 Thanks for the suggestion, man.

Also, that might have just been the cutest video I've ever seen

@Johnny5 that's it, I'm buying a new hugging body pillow. 

@blankisomeone  do you know how to move energy?  Find where the tension of 'feeling shitty' is manifesting in the body (heart?), feel the energy pooling there and then spread it out, preferably down to your toes. Can send some to throat and head for a refill but not too much of this shitty energy.  

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Raise your consciousness as it will melt away all knots. Having high levels of consciousness is very powerful.

Mahadev

@Johnny5 That video hit me harder than I expected it would, it made me realize just how deeply traumatizing my relationship with my mother was in childhood by that comfort & safety being stripped away when she became cold, distant, controlling and very conditionally loving, in a time where I was being bullied in school and needed love & comfort the most.

Edited by CultivateLove

9 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

@Johnny5 Thanks for the suggestion, man.

Also, that might have just been the cutest video I've ever seen

From what I understand those experiments contributed a lot to our understanding of the nature and importance of the bond between mother and infant. Although the methods they used in those days are ethically controversial these days. You can imagine why.

They used to be overly rational and assume that the child was only interested in the milk. That's how disconnected we are from our own needs, scientists included.

8 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

that's it, I'm buying a new hugging body pillow. 

You totally should :)

1 hour ago, CultivateLove said:

@Johnny5 That video hit me harder than I expected it would, it made me realize just how deeply traumatizing my relationship with my mother was in childhood by that comfort & safety being stripped away when she became cold, distant, controlling and very conditionally loving, in a time where I was being bullied in school and needed love & comfort the most.

It's been similarly revelatory for me as well. I started incorporating this stuff into my life a few years ago, and in hindsight it may well have saved my life. That video pretty much confirmed it for me.

This one also explains a lot:

And this one:

Notice in the last one that the baby extends their arms out a few times. It seems pretty clear to me that they're trying to hug the mother, but can't due to being strapped into the chair, which only adds to the frustration.

Even the Ph.D. who is narrating doesn't pick up on this, he explains the gestures away as something different and imo kinda random. And even the mother doesn't seem to pick up on it in the very end.

Edited by Johnny5

I know that it's the obvious answer in this forum, but I think that the best knot melter are the psichodelics