ColeMC01

Letting go vs feeling emotions

6 posts in this topic

I have a quick question guys. In the video "How to deal with strong negative emotions" Leo talks about being a strong emotional conductor where you can feel the emotions instead of running from them. On another video "How to let go" he talks about letting go of stuff, instead of thinking through it getting emotional etc. My question is, if something happens in your life would it be more useful to feel the emotion or just let it go without giving it much thought. Or should you balance and do both?

Thank you

There actually isn’t a contradiction there, they are both the same thing, what you do is let go of the all judgements about the feeling and feel it for what it is. Then you could start invoking the feeling you want to feel once the judgement of the negative feeling are cleared up. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

It's easier to let go of emotions once we have fully felt, experienced, and learned from them and what they are trying to tell you. We only grow attached to something (emotions or otherwise) when we feel that there is something left un-experienced because of a lack of presence and therefore a lack of being.  

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Feel the raw sensation of the emotions instead of trying to label and conceptualize them, like experience the full force of the feelings in your body instead of converting them to abstract ideas in your head.

19 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

There actually isn’t a contradiction there, they are both the same thing, what you do is let go of the all judgements about the feeling and feel it for what it is. Then you could start invoking the feeling you want to feel once the judgement of the negative feeling are cleared up. 

?

@ColeMC01 Imagine it this way. There is a person called Sara. Let's say it's raining outside and she feels sad at this moment. What the next possible scenarios? 

The first scenario is to push sadness away, try to change it to something else, cling to the judgment of the feeling. So, she tries to run somewhere and find a way to boost the mood. I don't know, she starts to play video games, for example, to eat pizza with a hope that sadness will end. It does, it ends for a short period of time, then the person starts to blame yourself for eating too much pizza and cycle repeats...

The second scenario is to let it go, allow sadness to express itself, release the judgment. It's hard to describe how to do it, perhaps because it's non-doing?!? She just feels the emotion, accept it as it is, so the distance between imaginary Sara and the feeling goes to zero. The judgment of the feeling disappears, as the feeling itself.

Only one feeling remains, feeling of loving ^_^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@ColeMC01 There can be a contradiction between those two things, or there may not be one. It changes. If letting go is done right, which is the thing most people are referring to by saying that phrase, then there isn't a contradiction. 

Being an emotional conductor, that's acceptance of your situation.

The letting go is the letting go of resistance to accepting reality fully, which includes accepting the emotions you feel. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.