Demeter

Experience of the Void - who is there?

57 posts in this topic

I had my second 300mcg Lsd session yesterday, and despite the fact that I had had a very positive glimpse on the previous occasion of the great universal being and oneness, I experienced the fear again of the great void. I wondered whether the Void was the actual reality - its vastness seemed so great the universe was a mere blip - a giggle, as it were, in the great expanse. 

The fear was this - I could not sense a conscious being - who was there taking note? - the vastness was so immense that nothing we are or do matters. That may be the case but that raises the question "Who cares what I do or who I am or we are?". Another question that emerges from this is "Could the experience of enlightenment and the beauty one sees be part of the illusion too? 

Would very much like to hear about your experiences of the void and where you think that fits in?

49 minutes ago, Demeter said:

I had my second 300mcg Lsd session yesterday, and despite the fact that I had had a very positive glimpse on the previous occasion of the great universal being and oneness, I experienced the fear again of the great void. I wondered whether the Void was the actual reality - its vastness seemed so great the universe was a mere blip - a giggle, as it were, in the great expanse. 

The fear was this - I could not sense a conscious being - who was there taking note? - the vastness was so immense that nothing we are or do matters. That may be the case but that raises the question "Who cares what I do or who I am or we are?". Another question that emerges from this is "Could the experience of enlightenment and the beauty one sees be part of the illusion too? 

Would very much like to hear about your experiences of the void and where you think that fits in?

Stop using the word illusion, its to easy to feel and believe its negatively meaningless.  Instead appreciate all of what is like a little adventure in Virtual Reality.  The void is one of many adventures of Being VR, and one adventure is called childhood, another adulthood,  another is sex, vacations, work, relationships, success, failure, confusion, bonding, fear.

55 minutes ago, Demeter said:

"Could the experience of enlightenment and the beauty one sees be part of the illusion too

Yes, it is an illusion. Because, being human, enlightenment these are all thoughts. Being human, getting enlightened, these are all stuff that you have learned. But after awakening, this realization will happen. But dont forget illusion is you, which is consciousness itself. 

57 minutes ago, Demeter said:

could not sense a conscious being - who was there taking note?

You cant sense it, because you are it. There is nothing except you, and no one take note. 

"Who cares what I do or who I am or we are?

All is you, as nothing. Every movement is you. Caring,  These sentences are you. 

57 minutes ago, Demeter said:

Nothing can fits in, because it is nothing, and you are it. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@James123 ,  thank you.

I felt fear because the knowing of 'I am that' was missing.

Edited by Demeter

@Mu_ , you have a lovely website.

Edited by Demeter

1 hour ago, Demeter said:

Yeah you got it... it's just part of the dream story as well ? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake , so what now? There still remains the question, ' who is there? " The Void is an experience of self-annihilation.

Edited by Demeter

6 minutes ago, Demeter said:

@VeganAwake , so what now? There still remains the question, ' who is there? " The Void is an experience of self-annihilation.

Who is asking?

Where is the asker of the question "who is there"?

What is it made of?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

24 minutes ago, Demeter said:

@James123 ,  thank you.

I felt fear because the knowing of 'I am that' was missing.

Anytime brother. ?Thats why you are me, and i am you. We are identical, Because we are nothing. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Could someone who experienced the Void say how it was for them? What happened next?

Paul Brunton wrote:

"Those who succeed in reaching this point in their meditation often withdraw just there, overcome by terror or gripped by panic. For the prospect of utter annihilation seems to yawn, like an abyss, beneath their feet. It is indeed the crucial point. The ego, which has lurked behind all their spiritual aspirations and hidden in disguise within all their spiritual thinking, must now emerge and show itself as it really is. For where, in this utter void, can it now conceal itself?"

Edited by Demeter

experience of the void that eventually moved on to the light:

As the death journey continued, I found myself flowing into a space of abject darkness that can only be called the Void.  This band of energy is completely absent of everything. The only thing brought into it was the last lingering onion skin of my personality, as yet to be unpeeled.  It felt as if this place went on and on forever.  I had no where to go, no one to see, and all that remained was the excess baggage of personality things that go bump in the night and went round and round in an endless loop.  Any shreds of the personality Mike I’d carted along for the ride were agonizingly collected into a focused state that wouldn’t allow the benefit of any rationalizations.  

The Void is ravenous and feeds on collapsing over inflated priorities which need be shed to move beyond its reach.  It is merciless.  It is necessary.  I discovered that only by uncovering the masquerade of my own man behind the curtain could my true Intent be revealed and brought to Light.  The Void strips the me-me-me out of all the stuff I imagined could fill my holes and make me complete.  The Void crushes, melts down the dross in an alchemically oriented reduction process, polarizing the dichotomy of all the reasons for living into a singular, prevailing need.  And, with far more a whimper than a bang, I came to my knees and cried out in the darkness,

“All I ever wanted to do was Love.”

@Demeter Cannot comment on the drug use and how it impacts actuality of experiencing the void. 

In deep meditation, if it is meant to happen, we do experience the inky black void. In case we can quieten our identity and be still, we may become aware of the ॐ (Ohm) vibration or sound current. 

It may be possible to communicate with an adept or God as the case may be for us to imagine, where desires related to loving intent or even curiosity can be addressed.

Quite a few are disconcerted in the void, being unfamiliar terrain ... we prefer manifestation and this is non-manifestation.

As in all spiritual experiences, enjoy without apprehension!

@Leilani what was your experience of the light? Was it a one time experience or did it reoccur?

31 minutes ago, Leilani said:

experience of the void that eventually moved on to the light:

As the death journey continued, I found myself flowing into a space of abject darkness that can only be called the Void.  This band of energy is completely absent of everything. The only thing brought into it was the last lingering onion skin of my personality, as yet to be unpeeled.  It felt as if this place went on and on forever.  I had no where to go, no one to see, and all that remained was the excess baggage of personality things that go bump in the night and went round and round in an endless loop.  Any shreds of the personality Mike I’d carted along for the ride were agonizingly collected into a focused state that wouldn’t allow the benefit of any rationalizations.  

The Void is ravenous and feeds on collapsing over inflated priorities which need be shed to move beyond its reach.  It is merciless.  It is necessary.  I discovered that only by uncovering the masquerade of my own man behind the curtain could my true Intent be revealed and brought to Light.  The Void strips the me-me-me out of all the stuff I imagined could fill my holes and make me complete.  The Void crushes, melts down the dross in an alchemically oriented reduction process, polarizing the dichotomy of all the reasons for living into a singular, prevailing need.  And, with far more a whimper than a bang, I came to my knees and cried out in the darkness,

Wow, you did a great job putting that into words. Welcome...I saw you are from Oregon ..I'm from Spokane area ?

Are you familiar with Robert Wolfe's Ajata Sunyata project? 

https://ajatasunyata.com/

Void:

Eastern mystical writings often refer to the Void, or to Nothingness, as a name for the Unnameable, for that which in the West is called Infinite or Eternal, that which is “not one, not two” and is utterly devoid of division.

The nature of this nothingness cannot, even definitionally, be known. Rational exploration can only at best touch hands with intuitive suggestion.

In a sense, contemplation of “no division” brings into question every single thing which cognitive thinking of man is grounded upon. For example, among our concepts (limited concepts, attempting to conceive the inconceivable) is the proposition that there is a quality and/or quantity which is described as omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent. But so thoroughly is it actualized that it is the actuality of everything and has no special, separate, or particular identity of its “own”: un-name-able. Being so thoroughly everything, this actuality does not exist, in itself—as some separate, or discernible, entity. In other words, there is not any thing which can be omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent.

Put another way, in the realm of absolute nothingness there is no where to go, not anything to be known, not anything which needs to be changed, nor anything which needs to come into, or out of, existence.

@Demeter hello, congratulations on doing 300 ug 2 times, you are brave and explorer. I really like your doubt and fear of emptiness. It seems that we all see love consciousness when we take psychedelics. I've always thought that you can go deeper. what you say motivates me to try to see what is there, I never went so deep

@cobalto , I don't know if I went deeper. Great if you say it is. Even though I was prepared to surrender and accept whatever was presented, I wasn't prepared for the great void. 

Taking 300 mcg helped immediately, in the sense that on the onset, I lost body consciousness and felt the vastness of space. That was different from taking 100 or 200 mcg. But my mind was very much present as I was aware and asking questions. I am thinking of trying 400mcg next time, to see where that takes me.

Edited by Demeter

8 hours ago, Leilani said: