Bufo Alvarius

Leo, what breakfast do you currently eat not to fall asleep?

39 posts in this topic

@Charlotte  what else can be 

It seems my body is always in a good mood after I fill myself with milk and cereals. 

Do let me know though. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It seems my body is always in a good mood after I fill myself with milk and cereals. 

Do let me know though. 

Yeah and I always feel good after I've eaten something sugary or after I've taken drugs, doesn't mean that it's healthy or good for me.

Becoming fat is only one way of your body telling you that something isn't going quite right.

You don't have to become chubby for being unhealthy. You can be as scrawny as a stick and yet suffer from diabetes, or some organ problem.

Don't be naive.

I would try going gluten free, maybe even lactose free. It may sound like stereotypical hippie advice, but I am being serious. Please try that...

45 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Do let me know though. 

I always thought about this, i dont drink milk or cereals. But i think indians have been eating this for centuries especially milk. And american farming and indian farming is different, like there is no Gmo. Cows mostly are  feed green grasses and are happy and jolly in india. So will there be a chance of Milk and cereals being not that bad like that in U.S. problem is there are no good studies conducting this sort of things here we are paroting everything US says.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I can't live without milk

Imagine I replaced milk with whatever.

I can't live without cereals 

"I can't live without a nation."

I can't live without cheerios 

"I can't live without war."

Don't tell me what to eat at breakfast. I won't ever compromise. 

"Don't tell me to abandon dictatorship and lay down arms. I won't ever compromise."

I want to eat whatever I want to eat without getting fat

"I want to imprison and murder whomever, and I want to do it without being restricted."

Well so far so good, I ain't getting fatty 

"Well so far so good, I ain't getting caught." ;)

Same old patterns of thinking, same attitude, but new subjects we deem as less important. 

@Preety_India It's not about cereal, you are addicted to sugar. It's quiete easy to cut it out completely. Berberine is very helpful and it also has some anti-aging properties.

You can abuse your body and still stay in healthy. If you are young, your metabolism is still good. However I notice that some friends when they are about to hit 30 years mark they suddenly gain weight.

It's not so important when you eat or even how many meals you have throughout the day. If you want to feel good, make sure you exercise regularly and eat healthy most of the time. Avoid sugar, processed carbs and trans fat.

If you want to fast, then push the first meal later in the day. Breakfast just means breaking your fast. You can break it in the morning or in later in the day. To say that the 1st meal is the most important is not really true. All meals are important. It depends on the person as well. We probably respond certain foods a bit differently.

Edited by vinc3nc

2 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

I always thought about this, i dont drink milk or cereals. But i think indians have been eating this for centuries especially milk. And american farming and indian farming is different, like there is no Gmo. Cows mostly are  feed green grasses and are happy and jolly in india. So will there be a chance of Milk and cereals being not that bad like that in U.S. problem is there are no good studies conducting this sort of things here we are paroting everything US says.

@Harikrishnan 100% agree with this. When I was in America, I had a horrible time with my breakfast options. The milk there tastes really different. When I used to drink that milk and this was like the most expensive milk brand, I used to feel sick and suffer mood swings. They got some hormones in that milk, it's not natural. I never had this problem in India. Here the milk makes me feel much better and healthier.

Here the cereals don't have very high carb or fat content so we can eat without getting diabetes. 

@SirVladimir  Lmfao, you're too funny. I laughed so hard at that. Funny metaphor. :D

@Username  yes I agree with you. The sugar content is a huge addiction. I have cut down on processed sugars but not having any cereal in the day makes me bored and dull and without energy. Fruits also contain sugar. 

I don't know the alternatives that will make me feel energetic and full without causing sugar addiction or weight gain. It should also taste good. I don't want to eat anything tasteless or bitter in the morning 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

8 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Here the cereals don't have very high carb or fat content so we can eat without getting diabetes. 

@Preety_India It's not necessarily about carbohydrates being evil but more about glycemic index and glycemic load meaning how much pure glucose (sugar) are you ingesting with each meal and how fast does it absorb. You can get diabetes even on ketogenic diet if all you eat will be steaks and bacon. Carbohydrates are actually extremely protective against diabetes but you have to choose the right ones :) Such as wholegrains and legumes. Fruit is also protective against diabetes and heart disease and the sugar content is negligent. 

Cereals, white bread and other similar breakfasts will destroy your energy levels by sending your pancreas into hyperdrive. They are rapidly absorbable and cause quick hunger that usually pushes people to grab something sweet or coffee. It's a bit of a vicious cycle. 

You'd benefit greatly from introducing breakfast consisting of wholegrains (e.g. oatmeal, buckwheat, spelt) with a decent source of protein and essential fats (nuts, seeds) and some berries and fruit :) Simple, tasty, warm, highly nutritious and energising. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Psychventure said:

@SirVladimir bullshit

C'mon. Don't take existence so seriously. We are having cosmic fun here, together! xD

Edited by SirVladimir

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

@Preety_India It's not necessarily about carbohydrates being evil but more about glycemic index and glycemic load meaning how much pure glucose (sugar) are you ingesting with each meal and how fast does it absorb. You can get diabetes even on ketogenic diet if all you eat will be steaks and bacon. Carbohydrates are actually extremely protective against diabetes but you have to choose the right ones :) Such as wholegrains and legumes. Fruit is also extremely protective against diabetes and heart disease and the sugar content is negligent. 

Cereals, white bread and other similar breakfasts will destroy your energy levels by sending your pancreas into hyperdrive. They are rapidly absorbable and cause quick hunger that usually pushes people to grab something sweet or coffee. It's a bit of a vicious cycle. 

You'd benefit greatly from introducing breakfast consisting of wholegrains (e.g. oatmeal, buckwheat, spelt) with a decent source of protein and essential fats (nuts, seeds) and some berries and fruit :) Simple, tasty, warm, highly nutritious and energising. 

The “essential“ fats are best avoided, especially by people with low thyroid function — this is not actually 100% possible, so don’t worry about deficiencies. But limit nuts, seeds, vegetable oil, and most legumes. This of course makes vitamin E supplements look like a decent option. Some people really can’t handle the lethargy and thyroid-inhibiting effect of PUFA. Best to keep fats to coconut oil, butter, and occasional olive oil. Fruits are great but not all of them — peaches and uncooked bananas have serotonin and irritants. OJ, grapes, cherries, papayas, and melon are some of the safest. White jasmine rice is safe. Liver and seafood are good weekly especially if you don’t want to take any vitamin supplements.

@Preety_India weight gain usually just indicates too many calories it doesn't even begin to cover half of the story. Here's some just to name a very very very small few: headache's, dry/flaky skin, chapped lips, infrequent/too frequent bowel movements, diarrhea, constipation, cravings, unhealthy hair and nails, acne, energy slumps, inflammatory conditions, gas, bloating, fatigue, sinus congestion, foggy thinking, agitation, mood swings, insomnia, too much sleep.

The list is endless. 

Creating an intuitive communication with your body will help you see and feel what is preferred. 

4 hours ago, The0Self said:

The “essential“ fats are best avoided, especially by people with low thyroid function — this is not actually 100% possible, so don’t worry about deficiencies. But limit nuts, seeds, vegetable oil, and most legumes. This of course makes vitamin E supplements look like a decent option. Some people really can’t handle the lethargy and thyroid-inhibiting effect of PUFA. Best to keep fats to coconut oil, butter, and occasional olive oil. Fruits are great but not all of them — peaches and uncooked bananas have serotonin and irritants. OJ, grapes, cherries, papayas, and melon are some of the safest. White jasmine rice is safe. Liver and seafood are good weekly especially if you don’t want to take any vitamin supplements.

If people start avoiding essential fatty acids, they will have more problems than slowing thyroid to worry about. Every cell in your body requires them to create a balance and fluidity in their phospholipid bilayer. This is a KEY factor in how effectively a cell can communicate with its environment. Feeding people saturated fats creates a state of cellular resistance, and hardening of phospholipid layer. This is precursor to brain fog , dementia and heart disease. 

I don't know where this information is coming from by PUFAS are NOT damaging to your thyroid. You just have to consume them in a way that does not oxidise them. So rather than frying your fish, bake it or cook it in water, eat the nuts and seeds raw, avoid roasted nut butters and consume flax seeds and flax oil from dark glass bottles. 

Also, what's wrong with legumes? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

46 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Also, what's wrong with legumes? 

Legumes aren’t bad for everyone. They have antinutrients that can purge iron stores if you have high inorganic iron from eating too much wheat and cereal. And they are similar to starch and starchy fruits — they need to be cooked very well or they can increase endotoxin-producing bacteria.

PUFA isn’t necessarily damaging, but is cancer promoting and thyroid suppressing. Saturated fats aren’t actually that much better, but they do protect against the PUFA. Omega 6 is the worst and omega 3 displaces omega 6 which is one (non-economic) reason for why omega 3’s get such a good rap.

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

Legumes aren’t bad for everyone. They have antinutrients that can purge iron stores if you have high inorganic iron from eating too much wheat and cereal. And they are similar to starch and starchy fruits — they need to be cooked very well or they can increase endotoxin-producing bacteria.

PUFA isn’t necessarily damaging, but is cancer promoting and thyroid suppressing. Saturated fats aren’t actually that much better, but they do protect against the PUFA. Omega 6 is the worst and omega 3 displaces omega 6 which is one (non-economic) reason for why omega 3’s get such a good rap.

I wrote a 30 line response but then remembered I promised myself to stop participating in these arguments so I'll just say that we have a polarity of opinions :)

3 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@The0Self based on my own experience eating a low fat diet causes many issues. I wasn't eating the minimum intake for a women of my build and energy consumption and my periods stopped and I was slowly on my way to causing more and more damage. Fats are essential please research yourself. https://www.eatthis.com/why-you-should-eat-fat/

Of course fat is essential. You should eat fats. But essential fatty acids is a misnomer. And the essential fat acids, LA and ALA, are actually the most damaging of the fats. A google search will not price this to you, but if you search you will find. The body produces mead acid, a highly anti-inflammatory molecule, in situations of deficiency. Coconut oil, butter, and extra virgin olive oil are healthy. A decent macronutrient breakdown would be equal calories coming from carbs/protein/fat, but it is healthier and more efficient for the metabolism and thyroid for carbs to be quite a bit higher. For instance 3-4 meals a day of C/P/F = 45-70+/35/15 grams — that would be a very good start. More than enough protein and fat for almost anyone. Cal needs have less to do with body weight and more to do with metabolism. The diet you eat can change your metabolic rate by a factor of 2 or even way more. Increasing calcium to phosphate ratio will increase metabolism — foods with high ratios include collards, papaya, cheese, grapes, OJ, melon, pineapple. Aspirin, coconut oil, fruit, etc... increases metabolism. Serotonin, polyunsaturated fats such as soybean oil, and estrogen decrease metabolism.

And amino acid profile matters too. Bone broth or supplemental collagen is good to add to diet to balance out the ratios from meat (especially), milk, seafood, etc. You don’t want tryptophan, methionine, or cysteine to be too high. Or glycine to be too low. Histidine is a little different — there’s conflicting evidence on whether you want this high or low.

Edited by The0Self

3 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

I wrote a 30 line response but then remembered I promised myself to stop participating in these arguments so I'll just say that we have a polarity of opinions :)

Haha fair enough ?