Guest EmptyVase

Advice on Safe Navigation through New States of Consciousness

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

so I've recently had a nasal septum operation and I can breathe like never before. My whole life basically danced around this issue of having allergies and breathing problems, especially in my childhood.

Since my nose is free, it feels like cheating in meditation. I can meditate way deeper and I'm way calmer generally. I can feel my throat chakra opening up (this could also be related to the communication problems I've been working on). When I meditate, a deep silence begins to enter. It's kinda like instant parvastha. I close my eyes and within a few minutes, I enter this deep silence. While it feels really great and I enjoy the meditation, I try to not cling to those extremely comfortable and good feeling moments. I let 'em come and go.

Today I had the first moment, where something in my awareness changed middays. I was having a conversation with a friend at a café and something was happening to my state of consciousness. I can't really tell, but I think if I had concentrated upon this feeling, something may arose, or I'd get into the silence mode again. But to keep the conversation going, I focused on the conversation and that state faded away.

I originally didn't want to write this post, because I feel that's something I have to figure out myself and just surrender to the process. Plus the writing of this and talking about what happens with "me" is just further ego blabber. I'm cautious about what's happening with me, but there's little to no fear in it. I'm infinitely grateful for what's happening right now and I'm in a constant "thank you" mode. I just can't be thankful enough for what's going on. I feel so much love. So much peace.

Even though I think I don’t really need it, I still thought that it'd be wise to get some advice from you guys on how to navigate as safely as possible through this process. The last 2-3 years in my life I cleaned up heavily in many areas, all with the overarching “goal” to be able to walk the path. So I did as much precautionary preparation as possible, encompassing: career, social issues, emotional issues, health issues (regarding body, mind and spirit), developing a field of mastery, yada yada yada. All the “basic self-help” stuff. And I don’t really see an end to this process. Of course there’s still a whole lot to do. But it’s a ride I really enjoy at this point.

I'm aware that none of you can provide me any safety and that this is a process of surrender. But there might be a way of precautionary preparation which I don’t know yet, that might be helpful. Or maybe just some advice for when things get wacky, rough or completely spaced out.

Thank you.

Edited by EmptyVase

@Johnny5 I really do struggle finding the balance between self-acceptance and getting my life together. There's always the guilt of not "doing enough", even though things go mostly fine. :/

@EmptyVase That's ok, it's just that breathing has a big effect on your overall level of tension, stress, fight/flight etc. I could stand to focus more on proper breathing myself. By relax I mostly mean just relax in the moment and not worry so much. That's what I'm picking up from your posts. Chances are that it's in large part just an old habit from a lifetime of not being able to breathe so well. Hope your improved breathing will help with that. :) 

Thank you for your advice, my old breathing definitely left some scars on me. Your words felt good. It's time to release the light. :)

Hey! It's nice to read your post. I have the same issue with my nasal septum but yet not operated on. I think that it is expecting that you feel the difference between good and bad breathing since you practice meditation way before that. Your whole life experience changed bro, breathing is a subtle but too important thing. I heard about people who had the operation and didn't even notice the breathing change, so feel grateful to have this experience that boosted your consciousness. My advice is to keep the focus on improving yourself more and don't let overthinking distract you from the present. It's a nice challenge that you are into (and hopefully me too xD)

?

@PBen534

Thank you!

It wasn't as dramatic as I imagined it to be, but way more beautiful!

Love enters every are of my life more and more. Kriya Yoga was really straining before. Now, moving energy through my body feels almost orgasmic and at ease. Sleeping is way better. So yeah, even though ego backlashes from programmed bad habits are sprinkled throughout all of this, life is great. Everyday, I'm infinitely thankful for everything. :)

Thank you for your advice, it's actually really spot on! Deconstructing self-limiting thoughts in order to become more present, is one of the things I'm currently working on. One of the most powerful practices I've done yet!

I can only recommend fixing the nasal septum, it indeed has the potential to be a game changer. May your breathing get better too! ??