ElenaO

Embodying parts of Stage Orange to move up

43 posts in this topic

I wouldn't feel any less about it if I were you. It can be and often is an ugly game at those levels.

You could do anything you really wanted to, and if you do then by all means go for it. But you may not want to be like them.

Speaking for myself, I never saw the appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Johnny5 I never saw the appeal until I realized that I am like an idiot being passed on promotions. It's not like I am not valued, it's more that I am just not given credit for it, while other guys seem to get the titles and salary raises. It pisses me off. 
And I do want to move up the Spiral for sure and that's what I am wondering: do I have to go down this road to transcend Orange? Probably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

Yes, that game. ;) 

 

Your career is not your husband. If you have ambitions, it's not going to play by just waiting for everyone else to cater to them.

 

P.S. in my first reply i thought you meant "moving up" on the spiral... so, for what it's worth.

I don't think I understand what you are saying here. Why do we have managers at all if they are not going to cater to us? I mean I am the one who implements things and makes stuff work, their job is to observe how things are going and take appropriate actions. 

Yes, I meant moving up the Spiral, but also moving up in the career ladder as well. That's a strong Orange value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, allislove said:

@ElenaO

Why do you need a promotion? 
Are there things to appreciate at your current workplace?
How are your spiritual practices going, like morning meditation? 

For obvious reasons. To get more money and have a better job, more responsibility, more autonomy, more authority.
While I am sitting at the same position others are getting better pay. It pisses me off, especially because they are not better at the job. It's just they know how to navigate this. I find some men to be particularly great at this.

Of course I do my morning meditation. Spiritual practice is not something I am trying to improve here. It's stages above. I am trying to clog all the holes that are left from Orange so I can be ready to move up the spiral.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

I would say don't get caught up in trying to embody every single characteristic of a stage to fully integrate it. We all usually have a few key areas in each Stage that we need to work on, and that are glaringly obvious once you look for them.

Well, the one that's missing is strategy, career growth, and playing politics. These I definitely do not have. With the rest I am doing pretty well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ElenaO said:

I do want to move up the Spiral for sure and that's what I am wondering: do I have to go down this road to transcend Orange? Probably. 

So everyone who ever made it past Orange had to first climb the corporate ladder....?  ?

 

4 minutes ago, ElenaO said:

Why do we have managers at all if they are not going to cater to us? I mean I am the one who implements things and makes stuff work, their job is to observe how things are going and take appropriate actions. 

They might, but what they consider appropriate may or may not align with your ambitions, if you have any. They work for the company, not for you.

Obviously I can't speak to your specific situation because I don't know the first thing about it. But if I had such ambitions I certainly wouldn't leave it to chance. You already know that doesn't work, it shouldn't be that difficult to understand why it doesn't. Whether or not you like it is a different matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel you, I am very green with some orange, and lately I'm thinking more like yellow but the other day I realized in a psychedelic trip that I have an orange shadow, one of the things I saw was that I wasn't giving my ego full credit of some things or I was neglecting my ego to pursue recognition and money. I still processing this and some days I feel like a war zone is going on with my ego. There are some healthy orange ways to pursue what I want but the mayority of them I dislike. I myself need to act about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw I also dislike work politics and pretending to be liked. I think work politics are an important thing to master because it helps with other relationships. But I really dislike it right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ElenaO said:

Yeah. Perhaps these two are not so much connected. But that's why I was asking if I actually need to embody this part in order to move up in my spiritual world. Perhaps yes, I'll need to do what others are doing to get it out of my system...

You probably have developed orange enough already, and then its about maintaining your needs based on the abilities it provides.

So you dont have to go further into orange to develop. Actually, maintaining your focus at self actualisation would be better, and then moving into self transcendence.

Focus on moving your consciousness upwards, and come down to recharge or handle needs.


He who is dead must pray for life,

For the living shall never die.

divine love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ElenaO 

I wish you to get a promotion, Elena. 

If something pisses you off it's for sure an opportunity for growth. 

I asked regarding spiritual practices because when I focused on "inner" work every area of my life improved significantly including the work area. But I can understand that we can be on different stages, in different situations so to speak. 

General advice - be kind to everyone at work. Nothing wrong with improving marketing/etc skills to get what you want.


⭐ if you want some spiritual hints - feel free to DM me the questions: https://www.instagram.com/dima.happy.living/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny5 said:

So everyone who ever made it past Orange had to first climb the corporate ladder....?  ?

 

They might, but what they consider appropriate may or may not align with your ambitions, if you have any. They work for the company, not for you.

Obviously I can't speak to your specific situation because I don't know the first thing about it. But if I had such ambitions I certainly wouldn't leave it to chance. You already know that doesn't work, it shouldn't be that difficult to understand why it doesn't. Whether or not you like it is a different matter.

Perhaps they didn't make it past Orange if they haven't climbed it? Unless of course they are entrepreneurs or doing something else than working in a corporate world. 

Honestly, I am still pretty shocked it hasn't worked and not sure I understand why it hasn't. I'll need to read some literature on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, nahtanoj said:

Btw I also dislike work politics and pretending to be liked. I think work politics are an important thing to master because it helps with other relationships. But I really dislike it right now.

Oh I am with you this one. I think I totally have a shadow there too, because I honestly hate all these games with all my heart and resent all the people that play them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, allislove said:

@ElenaO 

I wish you to get a promotion, Elena. 

If something pisses you off it's for sure an opportunity for growth. 

I asked regarding spiritual practices because when I focused on "inner" work every area of my life improved significantly including the work area. But I can understand that we can be on different stages, in different situations so to speak. 

General advice - be kind to everyone at work. Nothing wrong with improving marketing/etc skills to get what you want.

Thanks. Oh I do my spiritual work daily. But frankly it has almost nothing to do with the skills of getting ahead in our orange world. You may meditate all you want but it won't change the fact that you'll need to interact and work with others. 
I am kind. Obviously I won't now turn into some shark :D I am me. Just gotta be more cunning ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@allislove Thanks. However, I feel like you consider that I am some sort of monster that does not realize what she's doing. I am pretty conscious and I won't be hurting anyone, trust me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ElenaO Sorry if it looked that way, genuinely tried to share what worked for me. I am just a guy who got the salary raise and other bonuses :D And I am not networking with management, what I did are – psychedelics, meditation. As a result, the desire for a promotion faded away completely. I just became more loving to everyone and at the same time, I became more confident. If some idea at work feels good to me, I just share it with the colleagues without any hesitation, since I always can trust the intuition. When the importance of work significantly decreased to me and the enjoyment of the current workplace significantly increased, paradoxically, I've got what I wanted. Anyway, I understand that we can have different situations. I hope you'll get the promotion ;) 


⭐ if you want some spiritual hints - feel free to DM me the questions: https://www.instagram.com/dima.happy.living/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ElenaO said:

Honestly, I am still pretty shocked it hasn't worked and not sure I understand why it hasn't.

Maybe that's why it is typically a men's game. Green or yellow business politics is a different animal, but orange........ Be careful what you wish for. I mean this in the best possible way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, allislove said:

Sorry if it looked that way, genuinely tried to share what worked for me. I am just a guy who got the salary raise and other bonuses :D And I am not networking with management, what I did are – psychedelics, meditation. As a result, the desire for a promotion faded away completely. I just became more loving to everyone and at the same time, I became more confident. If some idea at work feels good to me, I just share it with the colleagues without any hesitation, since I always can trust the intuition. When the importance of work significantly decreased to me and the enjoyment of the current workplace significantly increased, paradoxically, I've got what I wanted. Anyway, I understand that we can have different situations. I hope you'll get the promotion ;) 

I resonate with this.

In my previous work environment, I didn't care about competing with people or moving up in the hierarchy, I mostly cared about the well-being of the project. By just caring about the project, I would produce elite work, have and share more insights and in consequence, naturally speak more with the manager and create an emotional connection with him. This allowed me to be closer to the top of the hierarchy and I'm sure that I would get promoted faster than other people if I continued to work in this environment. I didn't even need to play social games or compete even though other workers saw this as competition.

It's a little similar to the top kids at school, a kid that is interested and curious will want to do better to understand the different subjects, and therefore, he/she will ask more questions and create a closer/more intimate relationship with the different teachers. The teachers will then help the kid more and the kid will move up the grade hierarchy and have better opportunities in life and the other kids will come to him/her because he/she will be perceived as someone of value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, allislove said:

@ElenaO Sorry if it looked that way, genuinely tried to share what worked for me. I am just a guy who got the salary raise and other bonuses :D And I am not networking with management, what I did are – psychedelics, meditation. As a result, the desire for a promotion faded away completely. I just became more loving to everyone and at the same time, I became more confident. If some idea at work feels good to me, I just share it with the colleagues without any hesitation, since I always can trust the intuition. When the importance of work significantly decreased to me and the enjoyment of the current workplace significantly increased, paradoxically, I've got what I wanted. Anyway, I understand that we can have different situations. I hope you'll get the promotion ;) 

Thanks for suggestions. I've been doing meditation for years and I agree it does have an influence on your life overall. 
What I don't understand is the fact that the desire would fade away? If you see an unfair situation, how would it? And why should it fade away?

It's not like I yearn to get this promotion. It's more about making it right. Why should I be getting less and be content with it? Let's be honest, we are still humans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

Maybe that's why it is typically a men's game. Green or yellow business politics is a different animal, but orange........ Be careful what you wish for. I mean this in the best possible way.

Thanks. Well it sucks. It pisses me off especially because it's so unfair. But maybe I need to dig deeper and see how these men are actually "contributing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now