Javfly33

Question for enlightened buddies

48 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2020 at 9:48 AM, Johnny5 said:

You will die for sure.

This made me lol

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Javfly33

Try to remember at what age you learned the label ‘body’.

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

I could never. Have bad memory for very old memories. But I'm wondering now what people mean with "sense of self".

Are you referring to that? When I created "my sense of self"? I mean What does even mean sense of self. 

I've been trying to feel my body (which is only a thought, so I don't really know what I've been trying to feel I guess) and ask, Is this the sense of self? Is it here this "sense of self" Gurus said I constructed?

@Javfly33 ‘Body’ is a word you learned, a thought. Feeling is feeling. Sense of self is the experience of the claiming via believing thoughts, ‘my’ body, ‘my’ feelings, and or the projection of an assumption there are others who experience a ‘sense of self’, which is again the believing of thoughts and the claiming, perhaps more disguised by the projection.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

This question of death hinges on the nature of reality. If reality is material/chemical/biological in nature, then death is obviously plausible. If, on the other hand, reality is just perception, then death would merely amount to dream content. When there's no material substrate that can disintegrate, there's really no death to talk about. Of course one could speculate what would unfold within the perceptual substrate after the death event, but death as it's usually thought of, that is, the shutdown of the material perceptual apparatus is a non starter in a reality with no physical substance.  

3, because 1 I only exist, 2 there's life and 3 things die. Sorry, you don't exist, hence the holy trinity.

2 hours ago, anaj said:

This question of death hinges on the nature of reality. If reality is material/chemical/biological in nature, then death is obviously plausible. If, on the other hand, reality is just perception, then death would merely amount to dream content. When there's no material substrate that can disintegrate, there's really no death to talk about. Of course one could speculate what would unfold within the perceptual substrate after the death event, but death as it's usually thought of, that is, the shutdown of the material perceptual apparatus is a non starter in a reality with no physical substance.  

Except the material substrate doesn't disintegrate either, it just changes configuration/shape.

"By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Same thing, really... 

On 8/15/2020 at 10:47 AM, Fran11 said:

10, and really it cant be rated if you have realised the absolute, you either got it or you don't. The body mind are no alive even now just like the body  mind you have in a dream aren't. 

This was good too see.

Now to be specific...yes, as this forum poster suggests, this is truly gibberish to the unrealized, but will be “easy peasy” for the Realized. So. Of no help to the questioner, who as a seeker is still kicking the tires, of Fear. :)   Those days sucked.

These days can suck too (but not Really) ?

Nasagadatta said, get it or just fall in a ditch. Maybe he said that to Wolinski...hard to recall. Lol

in any case, the post was greatly entertaining.

Edited by Sri Ramana Maharshi
Finish