Jo96

There is no deeper layer to reality or enlightenment

54 posts in this topic

I came to this realization today thinking about infinity. I think there’s a logical fallacy that can occur that somehow something being deeper or more nuanced or smaller is somehow more true. This is in fact true but it’s also false. To me that’s like zooming into your hand and saying that the cells are more important than the hand or zooming out and saying the body is more meaningful than the hand. By nature of making the judgment you are perceiving higher and lower stated or consciousness. In reality all that is just is. 

I could probably take a million 5meo doses and while I have no doubt I would learn a lot about reality that doesn’t mean that it’s anymore true than what is for me right now. All that is is. 

that’s all. Just thought I’d share. 

Speculating on the title - I 'think' the deepest level of reality is the abcence of everything; absolute nothingness; nada; nil. Between what one thinks one is and the /dev/null of nothing: all gradients of reality are equally true and require an illusury witness of some sort. 

Infinity and now; I feel is the door way and only a razor edge away from the illusion most of us are occupied in - tantalising near, yet so far far away. 

There is no smaller or bigger in the Absolute.

Zooming out from your ego has a lot of benefits,you conquerer the fear of death in the first place.

52 minutes ago, CosmicTrekker said:

Speculating on the title - I 'think' the deepest level of reality is the abcence of everything; absolute nothingness; nada; nil. Between what one thinks one is and the /dev/null of nothing: all gradients of reality are equally true and require an illusury witness of some sort. 

Infinity and now; I feel is the door way and only a razor edge away from the illusion most of us are occupied in - tantalising near, yet so far far away. 

Even that is is no more true than everything, or something relative. That’s what’s crazy about infinity: any point is actually the center 

2 hours ago, Jo96 said:

I came to this realization today thinking about infinity. I think there’s a logical fallacy that can occur that somehow something being deeper or more nuanced or smaller is somehow more true. This is in fact true but it’s also false. To me that’s like zooming into your hand and saying that the cells are more important than the hand or zooming out and saying the body is more meaningful than the hand. By nature of making the judgment you are perceiving higher and lower stated or consciousness. In reality all that is just is. 

I could probably take a million 5meo doses and while I have no doubt I would learn a lot about reality that doesn’t mean that it’s anymore true than what is for me right now. All that is is. 

that’s all. Just thought I’d share. 

?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yes that's right ?...

it's the end of seeking for something other than THIS...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I get what you mean in the sense that "more true", "deeper", etc. are human labels.

The Absolute doesn't say manifestetion is unreal, only minds can say that.

BUT if you care about understanding reality, exploring it in all levels will give you a richer picture, and in order to do that you do need to rise your conciousness as high as possible.

Edited by Fran11

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

?

Why the laugher? 

@Jo96 You have not even realized 1% of what Consciousness is.

You're quitting a 5000 mile journey after taking one step out your front door.

There are layers to reality so deep that they would leave you sucking your thumb in a fetal position on the floor.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are layers to reality so deep that they would leave you sucking your thumb in a fetal position on the floor.

But it seems I have no power to make any journey. Nothing I do seems really in my control. I’m a slave to my habits, my emotions my thoughts and my life circumstance and any which way I imagine it I cannot imagine learning anything that would free me from that. I have chased myself in circles for years now trying to see what you have explained in your videos. I am afraid of taking another step. I cannot see any good reason to I’m paralyzed with fear with no clue how to step any which direction because nothing makes sense anymore.  

@Jo96 Then clearly whatever you've been doing hasn't been working and it's time to try something new.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Jo96 Then clearly whatever you've been doing hasn't been working and it's time to try something new.

Like what? I’ve done psychadellics. I’ve done retreats, meditation for hours a day. I’ve talked to a guru a spirtual guide. I’ve seen fortune tellers. I’ve thought day in and day out about consciousness. I’ve tried dropping it all.  Fundamentally sometimes it just seems like at bottom of it I’m more afraid of truth then actually wanting truth. I want it but I’m afraid to leap. It’s a battle and fear usually wins. You’re videos are helpful. I’ve listened to your advice but practically not much has changed other than a couple ideas and concepts being let go. I had a couple instances of altered states while walking around but I always return to ego or whatever that means. I don’t even know what I’m looking for anymore or why. What does truth even mean? How could anything be more true then anything else? I’m not saying this to throw in the towel or to rag on what you’re saying I am sure you’ve experienced miles more than I have, But to me it’s just words and it doesn’t matter how much you say it if I can’t experience it. 

@Jo96 Well, without knowing all the details of how you tried those things, it's impossible to know.

If I had to guess I'd say you didn't try those various things rigorously enough.

This might mean you should go live normal life and burn off some karma before you are ready to restart your journey.

If you are young, spend 5 or 10 years just building up your life and exploring life. Then come back to enlightenment.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Jo96 Well, without knowing all the details of how you tried those things, it's impossible to know.

If I had to guess I'd say you didn't try those various things rigorously enough.

This might mean you should go live normal life and burn off some karma before you are ready to restart your journey.

If you are young, spend 5 or 10 years just building up your life and exploring life. Then come back to enlightenment.

Yeah it’s really too late for me in a lot of ways. I’m about to have a kid on the way and I’ll be mostly focused on that. It’s pretty impossible to persue enlightenment in these circumstances. Too many things weighing me down. I had a chance but I feel like I’d have to be alone and totally dedicated to do it.i just don’t have that desire maybe it’s time I come to terms with it.. 

5 hours ago, Jo96 said:

Yeah it’s really too late for me in a lot of ways. I’m about to have a kid on the way and I’ll be mostly focused on that. It’s pretty impossible to persue enlightenment in these circumstances. Too many things weighing me down. I had a chance but I feel like I’d have to be alone and totally dedicated to do it.i just don’t have that desire maybe it’s time I come to terms with it.. 

That moment when seeking for enlightenment was dropped.....is enlightenment.

Enlightenment is when the one seeking for it dies.

So you see, life circumstance doesn't really matter.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, Jo96 said:

Why the laugher? 

Sorry, never mind. 

12 hours ago, Jo96 said:

I came to this realization

When you actually do, it’s quite funny. Best of luck with your path.

Lots of people who have kids awaken btw, and you have more than enough time in a day to take care of everything you need to in life, and to create the life you really want, and to awaken. Consider not believing your thoughts to the contrary. 

@VeganAwake

While technically true, advice such as this can be very misleading. In the vast majority of cases, the ability to “drop seeking” only comes after a period of vigorous and dedicated seeking — such that “spontaneous” enlightenment is a borderline oxymoron. 

How many people do you know who have had enlightenment dawn on them out of the blue, without any prior spiritual practice? My guess is zero. And that’s not an accident. For one reason or another, an almost monomaniacal desire for awakening, along with the ensuing practice that this prompts, is essential if one is to escape the clutches of maya — except in a spattering of exceedingly anomalous cases. 

The issue isn’t that people are seeking too much, it’s that they are seeking far too little. 

4 minutes ago, Ponder said:

The issue isn’t that people are seeking too much, it’s that they are seeking far too little. 

Amen to that. ?? 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

+1

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

As for the op, once you’ve taken a million 5MeO doses, get back to us. I’d love to see what’s changed ?

In all seriousness, though, I think what you’re failing to realise is this: while everything is equally “true” across scale (i.e the hand is just as true as the constituent particles that “make up” the hand), if you’re under the materialist assumption — which most everyone is nowadays — the raw reality of the hand is automatically run through a mental filter, such that the hand is no longer seen “as it is,” but with a conceptual overlay. 

With this conceptual overlay in place, the truth will never be cognizable, and no matter how “deep” you go or what you see, delusion will be ever-present.

Edit: Just re-read the original post and realised I didn’t really address what you were saying. I might do so when I’m not so tired. Probably not though. 

Edited by Ponder