dvdas

Do you live your advice ?

23 posts in this topic

i want to learn how to take the wisdom and insights from a book, person, or life in general, and live it as principle. To grow from it, embody it, breath it and literally become it. Not just talk about it and then do nothing (which is the tendency and the easiest thing to do). i notice myself becoming dogmatic and preach it to others, and then when you stop and look at your life nothing is different. Only your beliefs and filters about reality.

Maybe isolation or seeking life experience guided by the insights ? i dont know.. Do you live the advice that you'll give me ?

This is a great insight you have had about yourself, congratulations ^_^

@dvdas I agree with Charlotte, this is a great insight.

Isolation is not a solution. You want to experience the world in all its beauty, you don't want to live in a cave, I guess.
Just simple meditation every morning as life-long practice would help enormously, to bring clarity.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Oh God no! People can channel some pretty deep stuff but not live it, especially not immediately. I don't think that's failure, in fact I think it's kind of beautiful. Real wisdom can't be used as a standard to hold oneself or anyone else to, it's kind of already everywhere and free to anyone. The perfection of humanity is in the imperfections. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You're shaped by what you read and learn even if you've long forgotten what you read. The wisdom gets imprinted in you from having experienced the thought or lesson and changes the way you think.

Most self-help nerds get stuck in an endless loop trying to remember every little detail of every book they've read; trying to perfect the way to live life when it'll never work. Life is complex and multidimensional, It's not a mathematical equation. 

Edited by fridjonk

@dvdas  Very good insight, I guess take it slow, don't rush anything, learn from direct experience, see what works for you, focus on what makes you feel good, what makes you feel bad... Observe :)  

I try to give advice based on the experience I have. Sometimes I preach from an "I wish I had done this better" place, but mostly I talk about what did help, from my experience with emotions and relationships. 

Do I live all the personal development theory that I've learned? NO WAY. 

But if I'm giving advice on stuff that I haven't been able to follow, I try to mention that. 

@dvdas

That is a fantastic insight. Great work!

3 hours ago, dvdas said:

how to take the wisdom and insights from a book, person, or life in general, and live it as principle.

Connect it to feeling suffering, or even out of alignment, and uncover limiting beliefs & conditions. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

so how do we live our advice? 

pursue what you want

Edited by hyruga

Defantly an important realization. Shadow work is emobdiment work, constantly observe your actions & judgements well thinking about the things you learn about. Watch yourself fall into every trap even thought you know about it, realize all the suffering comes entirely from tieing yourself into knots & let them go. Loving presence is a very good practice. Nuture yourself. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

That's an awesome insight.

5 hours ago, dvdas said:

Do you live the advice that you'll give me ?

Speaking for myself, after psychedelics and going deeper on my psyche my advice seems to be way more congruent with what I live. I used to think I knew how to solve peoples problems and break it down to simple things but that's not really how it works.

8 hours ago, dvdas said:

i want to learn how to take the wisdom and insights from a book, person, or life in general, and live it as principle. To grow from it, embody it, breath it and literally become it. Not just talk about it and then do nothing (which is the tendency and the easiest thing to do). i notice myself becoming dogmatic and preach it to others, and then when you stop and look at your life nothing is different. Only your beliefs and filters about reality.

Maybe isolation or seeking life experience guided by the insights ? i dont know.. Do you live the advice that you'll give me ?

Yes. I do. 

How do you take wisdom from books or other people and live it the way you describe? As principle. I hope I’m interpreting this correctly. If not, ignore me haha!

I’d start by becoming extremely self aware through meditation and practising mindfulness, then I’d start overriding bad mental habits. I’d become the watcher in my own mind. But why would you want to take what someone else tells you and live it? I can understand taking pieces to add to you, but the bulk of your spirituality surely must come from inside. 

It sounds like the problem you have is your experiences of spirituality are largely cranial? That is, they’re in the mind. They’re not coming from the heart or soul, they’re exercises of thought and belief.

Isolation didn’t help me and life experiences came naturally without any effort as and when I needed them. All my answers have come from inside me. Sure I take bits and pieces from other people and try them on for size but everything I keep, I keep because I hear the echo inside me. 

Enlightenment is like a Zip rile. You just have to unpack it, and become conscious of it, then it unfolds it’s wings and changes you!

Don’t think about it. Thinking overcomplicates. Enlightenments (the small kind and the large, more final kind) are easy. Resistance makes it hard. That’s been my experience. 

I don’t know exactly what I am now (the journey never ends) but I know what I used to be and it wasn’t pretty. Spiritual practise changed me, literally like alchemy, and ALL of that came from inside. 

Edited by Luciphene

Also realize that you might not to and don't have to integrate every piece of wisdom you read about or hear.

Some of it might conflict with your personality and your goals in such a way that you could be compromising them and damaging yourself in the end just for the sake of "learning".

Some advice isn't for everyone.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

first of all i appreciate you all for responding

@Roy indeed.. 

@Luciphene The truth is i'm more attracted to aspects of consciousness that has more to do with personality change. i'm not yet ready to die, (even though the perfect moment will never come), the desire for transformation is stronger within me for now. but thanks

@Nahm 

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

Connect it to feeling suffering, or even out of alignment, and uncover limiting beliefs & conditions. 

when i have this symptom i know i'm facing my shit. its easy however to distract my self (which is mostly what i do) by self indulging, or other things like setting goals and strategizing about things which are irrelevant to deep changes i want to make, yet they are in some sort beneficial which provides a satisfying feeling of  i'm doing something'. 

@allislove i see your point. sometimes though (At least for me) is necessary to face my self, because i know i'm running away.

@dvdas

Setting goals & strategizing are useful but I wouldn’t count on that alone to be emotionally moving enough to make changes. Inspiration is ideal. I would fill a dreamboard up, not with any goals or strategies, but with what you actually want. Not what you’re supposed to want, not what you might think anyone else wants you to want, but literally & uniquely, what you really want. At that point, as reality is unconditional, and you have created conditions, reality is literally becoming what you established you are wanting. Then the limiting believes begin to be readily spotted, and because what you actually want is coming, and because it is what you actually want, it is worth letting go of beliefs for. Very natural feeling experience imo. There might be an ocean of wisdom in you to be realized already. I suspect that there is. 

@Nahm just a question: how do you distinguish what you really want from all the layers that are probably above those authentic desires?

So, for instance, someone with an avoidant attachment style may feel the need to isolate from people. If you ask that person what he/she wants in that moment, they will probably say "be alone". But that's probably not his/her authentic desire right? 

39 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

@Nahm just a question: how do you distinguish what you really want from all the layers that are probably above those authentic desires?

Want all of it. Getting it out of the head and onto the dreamboard changes the vantage point, things coagulate, and the authentic desires are more readily seen & felt by resonating from that bird’s eye vantage point. 

39 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

So, for instance, someone with an avoidant attachment style may feel the need to isolate from people. If you ask that person what he/she wants in that moment, they will probably say "be alone". But that's probably not his/her authentic desire right? 

I would say more likely they want to shed self limiting beliefs related to togetherness. But there’s no way to know in regard to another. This brings light to the importance of expression and communication, which no one can make anyone else do.