Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Everyday learning - insights, clips, books

12 posts in this topic

Whatever I learn every day and material that I come across. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

A beautiful dance 

Edited by Preety_India

Saw this in Keyhole journal right now and absolutely fell in love with it. 

I can look at it every day 

4bmz0q.gif

4bmz0q.gif

bYNlSmx.gif

4bmz0q.gif

4bmz0q.gif

Edited by Preety_India

Looks like a magical universe. I can't stop looking at this

bYNlSmx.gif?noredirect

Edited by Preety_India

4bqazf.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

Concepts 

Concept 1 - Adopting communities 

concept that I wanted to talk about is "adopting communities" 

.. For example you might belong to a Church. That's your community. You feel loved and supported there 

When you have such a community you probably don't even need a government or family. You are freed from the burdens of being a civilian puppet and or a family puppet. 

You can be you. 

Imagine if you were being adopted by a community and kept healthy safe and secure. Your well being is entrusted to that community. In return you do your contributions to the community in whatever way you can like helping out other people, creating stuff, generating resources for everyone.. But you will never be forsaken.. You would be loved and accepted. 

I will call such a community an "adopting community" 

Concept 2 - Unhealthy Mindsets 

I have realized a little bit from my research that everything is not very black and white, like evil and good. 

Sometimes it's not so much about the evil in people that causes suffering in the world. But it is about an unhealthy mindset rather than evil intentions/bad heart. It's their mentality which is corrupt. 

What I found is that, these unhealthy mindsets create not only a toxic environment but also an unhealthy concept of what should be considered a good life/standard life. 

They create unhealthy norms in society. They praise or value unhealthy role models for virtues and way of life. They admire unhealthy role models.. And we are brainwashed to believe that this is how we should be. 

But in reality, it's a farce created by these unhealthy mindsets and what is not healthy is encouraged.

They create a toxic way of life, a toxic norm. 

They attract such ideas such representations, such role models, such people, such way of life. 

Edited by Preety_India

Concept 3 - distortion of reality by perception. 

I remember having a discussion with my friend about something. I told her that I was listening to some tribal music and she immediately expressed disdain and she told me how she was enjoying pop music. 

That's when a thought ran through my mind and that thought or question was, "why do people demonize something just because they believe in something? “

What I understood is that it's a perception problem. She was perceiving the tribal music as bad music simply because it's outdated. Meanwhile she wants to adopt anything that is modern just because it's new, it's the new thing. 

To me this reflects a perception problem. I realized that perception in its natural essence is flawed. We are fed perceptions from birth, from movies, from society and from brainwashing by social norms. These perceptions cloud reality. They distort reality. 

A very good example of such distortion is the idea that people think that anything tribal is automatically bad or outdated or useless. We are fed with the idea that we conjure up images of the word tribal, it should show a man with a weapon in hand ready to attack. 

We are naive because we don't understand that bad things can exist anywhere and in any form 

If we think that a tribal culture is all about weapons and war, then what about modern culture? If you think that you have a high chance of dying in a tribal culture, then you have an equal chance of dying in a modern culture. Someone could shoot you with a gun. 

We forget that guns are also weapons. They are just sophisticated. They are worse than spears or arrows. 

Our sense of safety in a modern society or culture is a farce. A brainwashing. An illusion. 

The fact is that we are equally unsafe anywhere. 

It's just perception.. A paranoid fear. An irrational fear. Because we give so much importance to aesthetics that we forego logic and rationality and meaning. 

For example you might fear a neighbor who looks intimidating. You think that that person can kill you. That person is a threat in your eyes simply because you perceive that person as threatening. His intimidating appearance is enough for you to make a judgment. 

But you could have a boyfriend or a friend who is jealous and you might get killed at their hands, meanwhile you never thought they could be dangerous to your life. This is because our perceptions misguide us and fool us. And we don't catch ourselves doing it. We don't critique our own thoughts. We dont evaluate them or challenge them 

Another classic example of perception problem is that flying versus driving. 

Flying related incidents like plane crashes are quite rare. Yet so many people avoid flights out of fear and paranoia, meanwhile these people have a greater chance of dying in a car accident. 

But they don't fear car travel because in their mind it doesn't appear threatening. 

Our perceptions distort reality. 

Concept 4 

Life is an interaction between your inner center or your being and reality. 

Life is sacred.. Reality is mysterious 

General discourses.