Seed

Kundalini Yoga ♀️

26 posts in this topic

Fab thak you! Any views on hatha yoga? I just tried that one. It was pleasant, but nothing like the kundalini! 

@Seed well! well! well! Kundalini awakening. Why? To what end? What do we know about it? The more we read, the less we know.

Kundalini is, simply stated, the energy path to ascension. Swift. Direct. Powerful.

Artificial kundalini awakening techniques are either ineffective or dangerous. Why dangerous? Because our own fears, deluded beliefs and mind-body attachment are the blockages.

Without going into the theory, which is both time consuming as well as debatable, simply stated, the kundalini is the kinetic or feminine aspect of our own energy dormant at the base of our spinal column within our energy or pranic body. When aroused, it ascends through nadis or conduits to unite with the potential or male component at the crown of our head. It requires to transit through energy centres or chakras to get there.

Sounds like a fairy tale! Anyway, the takeaway is this: when the goal is realising a God-consciousness or our own divinity within, how does it matter which path is taken or which instrument is employed? Whether kundalini ascends or grace descends or of awakening is spontaneous, what about it?

Before we embark on any path, our own purity of being is essential. Erasure of fears & desires rooted in attachment to the transient. Or we may say, exiting delusion.

Taking it that all said above is not convincing, if artificial methods are used for kundalini awakening prematurely, say by breath or physical techniques such as Khechari mudra or even concentration, know that once the energy rises, it will take the path of least resistance. Thus, if it flows through the solar channel, for example and our own fear blocks any chakra, we may have a kind of nerve burn damage. Therefore, I would strongly advise against such gymnastics.

Stay loose. Relax. Let’s not take our identity so seriously. Have fun. Trust in God. Follow the voice of conscience. Become childlike. Be loving, empathetic, joyful, compassionate. There is nothing else we need to do. Just be. In the present moment continuum. 

Enjoy!

Kundalini awakening in its extreme version may look like this:

These involuntary movements are called kriyas and are natural in kundalini awakening. If awakened improperly, and if an expert's help is not sought for, these kriyas in their light or strong version may go on for years, until they subside or enlightenment happens. For some they may not subside in this life time. More intriguing than the kriyas are the extremely depressing or blissful emotional states which are frustrating and disturbing at times which may also last for years. Also, normal working is harder for a person with full blown kundalini acting up in their life.

I thought, in these videos, people were faking it, until one day it happened to me. For me it subsided after 10 or so days, but when at its peak felt like volcanic eruption inside the body, with body heating up so much. Sometimes during sleep, energy shooting up like sharp electric pulses in random parts of the body woke me up abruptly. One time a low energy pulse shot up into my left eye causing a mild white visual flash, the next morning there was slight pulsation in the same eye for 2 minutes or so. It didn't do any damage. My vision is fine. Also dreams were a bit weirder during this time. This definitely is no child's play.

There are youtubers with kundalini awakening who talk about their symptoms and how it is helping or affecting their everyday life. If you want to reasearch kundalini on youtube, search for keywords like "shaktipat", "kundalini awakening", "kundalini syndrome".

May be it is safer if you learn it from a kundalini master. If you wish to involve in kundalini yoga, you can contact the "SKY yoga (Simplified Kundalini Yoga)" center if there is one in your country.(google maps may help) I think they can help people with kundalini problems too. Please have a look at this video:

An interesting thing that I heard from one of their videos is that they used to teach how to leave your body, "Out Of Body (OBE)" and roam around freely in a subtle form. But, the UAE government had banned it. After this ban, they themselves stopped teaching this technique to their students. Of course I cannot verify this claim. I'm just putting it out there because it was interesting.

I found the video, here its:

Edited by PopoyeSailor

@Unseeking Seeker thank you. Is it okay - do you think to explore other forms of yoga ? Just for fun and peace of mind ? 

@Seed Theoretically, I don’t know about yoga as such other than what is in the tradition ... in books. The path I follow is continuous contemplative consciousnesses correction on a moment to moment basis. We may call it all time meditation for lack of an alternative term.

Kundalini awakening happened slowly in my case, on its own. Usually, it is sudden and swift. I did nothing, just as in meditation we do nothing. We simply allow, devoid of fear or resistance.

In my view, one micro step to reduce any one negativity within is worth more than a thousand practices. Take anger, envy, fear, desire, lust, hatred, sloth, selfishness ... just pick the one which we determine as dominant and throw it out. Completely. Once we do this, God takes care of the rest.

The goal is God realisation. The path is irrelevant. All get to the roots, if we are sincere and pure of heart.

@Seed well! well! well! Kundalini awakening. Why? To what end? What do we know about it? The more we read, the less we know.

Kundalini is, simply stated, the energy path to ascension. Swift. Direct. Powerful.

Artificial kundalini awakening techniques are either ineffective or dangerous. Why dangerous? Because our own fears, deluded beliefs and mind-body attachment are the blockages.

Without going into the theory, which is both time consuming as well as debatable, simply stated, the kundalini is the kinetic or feminine aspect of our own energy dormant at the base of our spinal column within our energy or pranic body. When aroused, it ascends through nadis or conduits to unite with the potential or male component at the crown of our head. It requires to transit through energy centres or chakras to get there.

Sounds like a fairy tale! Anyway, the takeaway is this: when the goal is realising a God-consciousness or our own divinity within, how does it matter which path is taken or which instrument is employed? Whether kundalini ascends or grace descends or of awakening is spontaneous, what about it?

Before we embark on any path, our own purity of being is essential. Erasure of fears & desires rooted in attachment to the transient. Or we may say, exiting delusion.

Taking it that all said above is not convincing, if artificial methods are used for kundalini awakening prematurely, say by breath or physical techniques such as Khechari mudra or even concentration, know that once the energy rises, it will take the path of least resistance. Thus, if it flows through the solar channel, for example and our own fear blocks any chakra, we may have a kind of nerve burn damage. Therefore, I would strongly advise against such gymnastics.

Stay loose. Relax. Let’s not take our identity so seriously. Have fun. Trust in God. Follow the voice of conscience. Become childlike. Be loving, empathetic, joyful, compassionate. There is nothing else we need to do. Just be. In the present moment continuum. 

Enjoy!