28 cm unbuffed

Can't stop smoking

47 posts in this topic

Learning must take place, on the subconscious level to reprogram the need/desire of compulsively giving away power or freedom to an external force or behavior. Do take such activity into the meditative state to learn how to change the programmed response signals, its developing new perceptions to old habits/activities, “when we change the way we look At things, the things we look at change” 

Edited by DrewNows

It's true, it's all in our heads. And pills are unlikely to help us if we do not change our attitude to certain things.

@RoseBand @DrewNows

It's fucked up because I understand everything, that all of you are talking about, I found thousands of reasons, that quitting is something good to do. Quitting/staying sober is not that hard. The worst thing is sticking to the habit of "not smoking even one" to the rest of my life.

Too many situations, where it can happen, I can't simply avoid all of them or prepare for "all of the worst-case scenarios". Yet - every time, I smoked one, the habit came back alive, a story of my life.

35 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

The worst thing is sticking to the habit of "not smoking even one" to the rest of my life.

You definitely DO NOT EVER have to do this to yourself, because is that even loving? Are you actually this physical body or more? Don’t use avoidance, this has to be a test for your ability to love yourself, grow, and take on your higher level of consciousness. I have never limited myself dealing with absolutes because it’s not in my true nature, you know it’s not in yours either. Dig into your pain brother 

the true self is here to test your lower natures because you are naturally geared toward expansion 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows

Lately, I'm realizing how much of a garbage life I created for myself, how worthless it still is, I have nothing, I'm fucking sad and lonely person. And I did like years of work, but it was all about healing traumas and other issues, I'm not even at point zero. I trusted my intuition and hearth, left a shitty corporate job, and here I am.
Now I understand, more and more that smoking was just a coping mechanism.

Well for the record my grandpa smoked nearly his whole life until he was like 95 and died because he fell down the stairs lol, not from lung cancer which is pretty interesting.

So I don't know.  It's your choice in the end.  

I have the same problem but I deal with too much stress right now to feel like I'd be at an advantage if I quit most times.

I feel like you have to be at a comfortable place in your life in order to quit where unexpected stressful situations don't happen as much anymore.

candy is a good alternative but it still costs money.

replacing it with nothing is pretty hard to do. 

Edited by blandana

On 13.08.2020 at 11:04 AM, 28 cm unbuffed said:

But - once again, I'm not sure, if that's not coming from the place of lack, because I need someone to save me and to heal my final trauma, you get it.

It is fine if you want pussy, but pussy won't get you intimacy that you also need.
I also have some trauma revolving around abandonment and having another person besides me that does actually put effort into understanding me is very helpful. However, our circumstances come with baggage that requires a lot of work to overcome so chip away at it. Do not treat your trauma as an obstacle to being in a relationship, but don't underestimate it either.

That being said, the mechanism by which we use addictions to bypass our difficult emotions is very simple. We're trying to substitute one emotion for another. Take masturbation for example - I tend to use it to substitute loneliness. Food is another source of addiction - substituting taste for something else. When it comes to smoking, it's more subtle but also more potent - you are putting a disgusting cigarette into your mouth to not feel how disgusting the taste is (and not feel some other thing that you are suppressing).

So, the solution is to actually develop strong connection with your body and experience everything that comes by. Start by actually feeling the taste of the cigarette that you are smoking. TASTE IT. Does it feel good?

You should also hone your observation skills. Take note of what you are thinking right before you reach for a cigarette. ACTUALLY take note, on a piece of paper. Collect your notes and read them every day. Do these thoughts feel good? Connect the dots.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2