Leilani

Stop trying to become God!

14 posts in this topic

How do you feel about this quote from a famous NDEr by the name of mellen Thomas Benedict. 

"Stop trying to become God, you are already God and God is becoming you" 

He says, and he went all the way that the body without spirit is a wasteland and the spirit without a body isn't all it's cracked up to be. That here is where we can truely have heaven on earth. He also mentioned how Creation isn't an intellectual process. The body has more wisdom than the mind. Also that God is not lonely. It's beyond all of that. 

That sounds toxic.

I thought you were telling people not to think they are God, instead it is the opposite.

@Artsu in a way I am saying that. Its more you are already whole and love and freedom. We come here to experience what being a human is to revel in the experience of life. God is seeing through you and everything else. There is a process for sure but you realize you were "God" love the whole time and here is where we get to experience our unique selves. 

1 hour ago, Leilani said:

@Artsu in a way I am saying that. Its more you are already whole and love and freedom. We come here to experience what being a human is to revel in the experience of life. God is seeing through you and everything else. There is a process for sure but you realize you were "God" love the whole time and here is where we get to experience our unique selves. 

Ok, i will let the topic free.

It's not a choice. It's a compulsive disorder so to speak.

The truth is that it's a game for egos. Without ego, there will be no God.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

God is not becoming something. God appears as something. Everything is God. 

This quote is similar but reflects the truth more precisely: 

"You are already that which you seek."
–  Ramana Maharshi

Personally, this is a nice pointer, but for newbies, it won't be useful.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

8 hours ago, Leilani said:

He says, and he went all the way that the body without spirit is a wasteland and the spirit without a body isn't all it's cracked up to be. That here is where we can truely have heaven on earth. He also mentioned how Creation isn't an intellectual process. The body has more wisdom than the mind.

Agreed, although the body and mind are not distinct => God = You = Creation.

@Javfly33 xD

@Leilani

"Your own body is a manifestation of god." - idk where I got this its just something I remembered reading in one of the enlightenment books. 

Also, in my own experience, we are all gods. But we can't see it. There is a veil over your eyes. Enlightenment is lifting the veil. (I think but my thoughts are ever-changing)

Gods are beautiful though. Without flaws. You are that, I am that but we don't see it. 

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

I think the seeking of unification is deeply programmed into us. Uncovering that there is nowhere to go is part of the way we all need to go. Otherwise there would be nothing to awaken to. So it's kinda nice.

Moved the thread to the "Meditation, Consciousness, Enlightenment, Spirituality" discussion board as it fits better here.

On 13/08/2020 at 1:53 AM, Leilani said:

How do you feel about this quote from a famous NDEr by the name of mellen Thomas Benedict. 

He says, and he went all the way that the body without spirit is a wasteland and the spirit without a body isn't all it's cracked up to be. That here is where we can truely have heaven on earth. He also mentioned how Creation isn't an intellectual process. The body has more wisdom than the mind. Also that God is not lonely. It's beyond all that.

I like that! It’s like a horse trying to become a horse haha. And I agree totally, the body knows what it’s doing. It’s the mind that gets in the way! At least it is with me. God definitely isn’t lonely.