Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danton

Becoming a yogi.

6 posts in this topic

Becoming a yogi is a good thing, depending of what is your goal doing it.

I think you've got to be VERY VERY advanced to becoming a yogi is good for you. I think if you start to consider becoming a yogi, You and humans or others must be the same thing not only in concept, but "I dont know how to tell this, conscience maybe", cause if ure there, youre conscience is not personal.

So if you want to become a yogi and you still have a human consciense or youre conscience is anywhere or anytime at all. You've got more important things to do first. There is humanity that needs help and humanity is you. So help yourself first before you become a yogi. Humanity is VERY FAR from being close to be a yogi, beeing a yogi when ure not ready is not being a yogi, its escaping

If you live youre life to make humanity better, then its very improbable you will ever become a yogi. If you want to escape life, becoming a yogi is probable, you can become happy about it. But I guess 100 humans can help humanity be becoming yogis. At most. 

I dont see the point of becoming a yogi I dont see the point of being a human if I dont help humanity in some way. We are HUMANS, we are not god yet. One step at a time.

3 hours ago, danton said:

Becoming a yogi is a good thing, depending of what is your goal doing it.

I think you've got to be VERY VERY advanced to becoming a yogi is good for you. I think if you start to consider becoming a yogi, You and humans or others must be the same thing not only in concept, but "I dont know how to tell this, conscience maybe", cause if ure there, youre conscience is not personal.

So if you want to become a yogi and you still have a human consciense or youre conscience is anywhere or anytime at all. You've got more important things to do first. There is humanity that needs help and humanity is you. So help yourself first before you become a yogi. Humanity is VERY FAR from being close to be a yogi, beeing a yogi when ure not ready is not being a yogi, its escaping

If you live youre life to make humanity better, then its very improbable you will ever become a yogi. If you want to escape life, becoming a yogi is probable, you can become happy about it. But I guess 100 humans can help humanity be becoming yogis. At most. 

I dont see the point of becoming a yogi I dont see the point of being a human if I dont help humanity in some way. We are HUMANS, we are not god yet. One step at a time.

And what is your definition of a Yogi?

There are people who practice all sorts of different yoga - at what point does such a person become a Yogi?

And is it not possible that a Yogi sitting alone in a cave deep in meditation is doing just as much to help humanity as anyone else? Some people help humanity by providing the physical needs of those who lack the basics. Some people help humanity by caring for the sick and elderly. The Yogi deep in meditation helps humanity in a unique way, by elevating the overall consciousness of humanity as a group.

The true Yogi provides an example of our deepest potential. If you want to escape life then you will probably lack the willpower and dedication to become a Yogi. As you say, very few of us are ready to take the radical step of becoming a true Yogi, giving up everything. The self-discipline required is beyond the capacity of most of us, myself included.

But let us remember that there are many great Yogis who are or were householders, working at a regular job with families to provide for. Perhaps those of us who are not ready for a cave in the Himalayas can aspire to become such a Yogi.

Peace

It's easy to be a yogi. All you need is a hat, a tie, and a pic-a-nic basket.

Is this 100 yogis or 100 who can teach others to be yogis? What is a yogi, is it like a Christ?

@danton Realistically it’s not a good idea. In a modern society what’s more valued is high skilled jobs, in the fields of Science, Maths and English. In my personal opinion researching a cure for aids will be more than a yogi ever could. Just my opinion.