Leo Gura

Mega-Thread Of Outrageous, Ridiculous, and Absurd Quotes

113 posts in this topic

"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

- Adolf Hitler, a man who committed suicide after failing to win a war and plunging the world into an era of darkness

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

1 minute ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Saw someone post this on Twitter.

LMAO never thought i'd see horse propaganda

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

“I’ve never broken a state law .... But when I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn’t like it. I didn’t inhale it, and never tried it again.”

- Bill Clinton 

If my recent post is seriously that bad, then I should mention it here.  I seriously thought it was good idea, but actually it is so bad that no matter can explain how bad it is.

I don't know if I should delete the post or not. the self bias comes from the moment in which we think we figured everything out when in reality we are so wrong that words can not explain it.  Sorry.

32 minutes ago, trenton said:

If my recent post is seriously that bad, then I should mention it here.  I seriously thought it was good idea, but actually it is so bad that no matter can explain how bad it is.

I don't know if I should delete the post or not. the self bias comes from the moment in which we think we figured everything out when in reality we are so wrong that words can not explain it.  Sorry.

Relax you tried to help someone, I think that's a nice thing. 

I'd leave it. Someone might learn something from it. 

"I see Red hair- I think it's going to be a girl" 

--The doctor in the delivery room when my mom was giving birth to me

5 hours ago, cetus said:

"I see Red hair- I think it's going to be a girl" 

--The doctor in the delivery room when my mom was giving birth to me

That's hilarious

It’s one thing to deplore eugenics on ideological, political, moral grounds. It’s quite another to conclude that it wouldn’t work in practice. Of course it would. It works for cows, horses, pigs, dogs & roses. Why on earth wouldn’t it work for humans? Facts ignore ideology. - Richard Dawkins

Okay... I guess but... Why say this?! And why on Twitter... Dawkins has been idolizing his 19th century scientific heroes a little bit too much lately... 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

"Nobody intends to build a wall", said East German leader Walter Ulbricht before the Wall was built.

Go visit r/getmotivated. There is no shortage of absolutely ridiculous quotes. Many of which masquerading as noble and empowering while actually propagating toxic and selfish values at the cost of others.  

On 10/12/2020 at 8:54 AM, Rilles said:

It’s one thing to deplore eugenics on ideological, political, moral grounds. It’s quite another to conclude that it wouldn’t work in practice. Of course it would. It works for cows, horses, pigs, dogs & roses. Why on earth wouldn’t it work for humans? Facts ignore ideology. - Richard Dawkins

Okay... I guess but... Why say this?! And why on Twitter... Dawkins has been idolizing his 19th century scientific heroes a little bit too much lately... 

It’s factually accurate and there’s nothing wrong with saying so if you ignore all the ideological, political, and moral baggage that the word eugenics brings with it. Truth is under no obligation to be palatable.

2 minutes ago, Willie said:

It’s factually accurate and there’s nothing wrong with saying so if you ignore all the ideological, political, and moral baggage that the word eugenics brings with it. Truth is under no obligation to be palatable.

"It’s one thing to deplore slavery on ideological, political, moral grounds. It’s quite another to conclude that it wouldn’t work in practice. Of course it would. It worked on black people. Why on earth wouldnt it work today? Facts ignore ideology."

See, sometimes you should say nothing even if its "true".

"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."

-- Oscar Wilde

I saw this quote at the first few pages of my finance professors' workbook. I honestly can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

1 hour ago, EmptyVase said:

"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."

-- Oscar Wilde

I saw this quote at the first few pages of my finance professors' workbook. I honestly can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

Taken in the right context I can see why he would say that. If you were poor in the 1800s life was shit. 

12 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Taken in the right context I can see why he would say that.

I'd say that this statement is valid for every quote, even every single forum post, here.