Leo Gura

Mega-Thread Of Outrageous, Ridiculous, and Absurd Quotes

113 posts in this topic

I want to create a database of the most egregiously wrong quotes spoken by mankind throughout our long history.

The point here is to highlight how easily the mind fools itself due to ignorance, arrogance, self-bias, and self-deception.

These can be quotes from science, philosophy, religion, politics, economics, etc.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Our new government is the first in the history of the world to be founded upon the great physical, philosophical, and moral truth that the negro is not equal to the white man. That slavery -- subordination to the superior race -- is his natural and normal condition."

-- Alexander Stephens, VP of the US Confederacy

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."

-- Lord Kelvin, President of the Royal Society, 1895

'I think, therefore, I am' Rene Descartes

Stay cool & dry.

"Government 'help' to business is just as disastrous as government persecution... the only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off."

-Ayn Rand

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

-- John Ehrlichman, Domestic Policy Chief for Nixon

"The whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognized this, while not appearing to."

-- H.R. Haldeman, Chief of Staff for Nixon

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

-- Leviticus, Chapter 20 verse 13

Donald Trump is a breath of fresh air in the nation where the political establishment from both parties has betrayed their constituencies time and time again.

-- Jerry Falwell Jr

Happiness is not in doing nothing. Happiness is to be overloaded the whole day, become exhausted by the evening and realize you did something worthy

-- Margaret Thatcher

''Our strength consists in our speed and in our brutality. Genghis Khan led millions of women and children to slaughter -- with premeditation and a happy heart. History sees in him solely the founder of a state. It's a matter of indifference to me what a weak western European civilization will say about me.

I have issued the command -- and I'll have anybody who utters but one word of criticism executed by a firing squad -- that our war aim does not consist in reaching certain lines but in the physical destruction of the enemy. Accordingly, I have placed my death-head formations in readiness -- for the present only in the East -- with orders to them to send to death mercilessly and without compassion, men, women, and children of Polish derivation and language. Only thus shall we gain the living space (Lebensraum) which we need. Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians?"

-- Adolf Hitler's Obersalzberg Speech, 22 August 1939, a week before the German invasion of Poland. 

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

“Nature intended women to be our slaves. They are our property.”

— Napoleon

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

"Monarchy is without contradiction. The form of government that gives the most distinction to the greatest number of persons. Ordinary people share in its brilliance and glow."

-- Joseph de Maistre

“Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault” - Donald J. Trump

-I'm God! I'm infinite unconditional love!

Leo, let's open our hearts and send some Love to Trump in written form.

-Haha

Bill Clinton

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

George H W Bush

"Read my lips: no new taxes."

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

'A little bit of rape is good for a man's soul'

-- Norman Mailer

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

- Henry Kissinger

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

― George W. Bush