Fa1ny

Psychedelics & teenagers

24 posts in this topic

Should teenagers do psychedelics for personal development?

Edited by Fa1ny
Better title

I meant why live a lie and wait for your maturity, in the end you'll realize that you lived in deception all your life

I am a teenager using psychedelics for personal growth. We just have to begin with grasping the theory of psychedelics (dangers, safety, potentials and expectations), then we can start out with low doses with a clear intention of using it for personal growth. If it works well, we up the dosages slowly to explore within our zone, and then it becomes apparent what we need to work on, thus, personal growth.

A teenager could work his way up to taking normal doses of LSD and use it for contemplating his traumas or existential questions. And this gives some good results!

This way, the unexperienced could build himself up to the bigger psychedelics like 5-MeO, by integrating baby doses of the other psychedelics.

The turtle wins the race, but he gotta start somewhere. So, I think that if teenagers have the proper theoretical foundation before trying psychedelics, and the proper attitude for them, then they can do it for sure. But of course, most teenagers would not do this, even if we gave them the knowledge. I think teenagers could and should start with psychedelics with a responsible attitude, sufficient knowledge, and baby right dosages starting out, slowly ramping up.

The attitude should be to uncover all the shit within, aiming at self-actualization, but taking it very slow. If a teenager would be able to truly have that kind of attitude, then I think he should take that psychedelic. Problem is, most teenagers won't have that attitude, so they shouldn't take the psychedelics.

I have brewed my own Ayahuasca at the age of eighteen. 

Sure, if you feel tranquil and responsible enough, go for it. Maturity does not require a high age. Just know that you are an exception in your peer group and that these rules cannot be applied for everyone. But the sooner you begin, the less deception you will have to chew through, and the easier awakening will be.

Some of the world's most extraordinaire artists had mastered their craft before reaching adulthood.

Edited by SirVladimir

I'm by no means an expert, I haven't even tried real psychedelics myself, but I believe it depends. Some might be ready as teenagers, some never in their entire lives. Most advice I've read strongly suggests that you want to start with a lower dosage of an "ordinary" psychedelic (NOT 5-MeO, Salvia etc.) and take it in a secure, familiar setting.

39 minutes ago, Fa1ny said:

I meant why live a lie and wait for your maturity, in the end you'll realize that you lived in deception all your life

In the end, you realize there is no you and no end :D

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, fridjonk said:

If they are mature enough, yes why not. 

No. Under any circumstance.

Of course if you ask any 15-year-old he will think and say that he is mature enough. That is not a good criterion.

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine You have got some serious shadow work to do, my friend. ^_^

Speaking for me personally do psychedelics and they really helped me a lot.IMO if you take psychedelics not for fun,it's ok

56 minutes ago, RedLine said:

No. Under any circumstance.

I did it, came out just fine, came out fantastic actually.  ^_^

10 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

@RedLine You have got some serious shadow work to do, my friend. ^_^

first you need to develop personal before going to transpersonal.

pschycodelics are very dangerous in teenagers, they did not form a solid indentity yet.

It is very irresponsable whaty you are saying here, That´s all.

1 minute ago, RedLine said:

they did not form a solid indentity yet.

You mean fall deeper into the illusion. ;)

3 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

You mean fall deeper into the illusion. ;)

It does not work that way, it is not that simple. Ego is necesary, trascendence is going beyong the ego. It is necesary to build a healthy ego.

Study The Atman project - Ken Wilber

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine I know what you mean, just teasing. I agree with you to a certain extent, it's just a tricky subject.  

Just depends if the individual feels they are ready and know what they're getting themselves into. 

This is in a way the most serious thing one could choose to do. I felt I was ready around 18 and It went fine with proper forethought and diligence.