Someone here

Is there a way out of suffering?

275 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

I don't feel as human, man. Including all physical pain. I don't actually feel it as pain. 

@traveler  so nothing is happening? Pain is not real? 

you feel as it what then? @zeroISinfinity

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

The funny thing is when there is no experience of pain you think it's so easy to let it go but when there is – it's a completely different story :D

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

5 minutes ago, allislove said:

The funny thing is when there is no experience of pain you think it's so easy to let it go but when there is – it's a completely different story :D

Exactly lol.  I actually tried what Leo suggested and man.. It failed miserably.  All I did was just touching a freshly made boiled egg with my hand.. I just hold it for few seconds and holy shit this is sooo painful.. I tried to pretend that the sensation is neutral and there is nothing "bad" about it .. But no way.. It didn't work.. Not even 1%.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is apparently something happening but it is empty, it has no reality, and that is nothing happening. Real and unreal. Empty fullness.

27 minutes ago, traveler said:

There is apparently something happening but it is empty, it has no reality, and that is nothing happening. Real and unreal. Empty fullness.

No that's not true. There are things happening. Obviously. Are you playing a trick on me?

51 minutes ago, Someone here said:

51 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I feel all physical bodily stuff as Love. Formless flows throw it. 

To burn myself up in fire I bet I will feel pain but why the fuck would you do it. Love body as everything else. 

9 hours ago, John Doe said:

Is there a way out of suffering?

There is actually a rare condition that makes you unable to feel physical pain, you can probably find documentaries on it. Something to do with a gene mutation.

It makes you very susceptible to injuries though, since you can't even notice them.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

There is a big difference btw philosophizing about this  and actual stuff. 

Actuality is divine. 

1 hour ago, allislove said:

The only question I have is to what degree you can disidentify with a human body in a sober state :)) 

Just to critique my own comment lol.
A human body is a thought. You can't disidentify with what is actually doesn't exist in other words.

44 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Exactly lol.  I actually tried what Leo suggested and man.. It failed miserably.  All I did was just touching a freshly made boiled egg with my hand.. I just hold it for few seconds and holy shit this is sooo painful.. I tried to pretend that the sensation is neutral and there is nothing "bad" about it .. But no way.. It didn't work.. Not even 1%.

A perspective for easy understanding of pain:

Physical pain arises from nerves which are connected to the brain. All thoughts are created by the brain including painful sensations. We may not have control over the external environment which causes, but we always have more control than we imagine over our own mind.

All sufferings are created by our own mind. When it comes to thoughts related to sensations, the process can be considered to have two sections.

The first one allows you to feel the painful sensations. We may choose to ignore these thoughts but they may come back sooner or later.

The second one reacts to the pain by causing undesirable effects like sadness, discomfort and all the negative emotions. This part we have the full control and by doing meditation for longer durations and focusing and observing on pain itself and the thoughts associated with them, we realize that these thoughts can simply be switched off or felt in a good way at the moment. It's all about programming our mind, tricking it into believe that pain is not a bad sensation. A good place to start will be to start believing consciously they pain is not a bad thing even if it's not true. Start thinking where theSE sensations occur, do they occur at the place where you scratch your body, in the brain or somewhere else?

Placebo effect is a good example to prove that suffering is in fact within our grasp of control. But it's not possible consciously and instantaneously. That's why it's very easy to believe that we have no control over it. Meditation surely helps to reduce our suffering 'practically'.

3 minutes ago, allislove said:

Just to critique my own comment lol.
A human body is a thought. You can't disidentify with what is actually doesn't exist in other words.

So my ninja fingers are toughts? 

They are quite actual. 

@SoonHei I love you. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 minute ago, zeroISinfinity said:

So my ninja fingers are toughts? 

They are quite actual. 

No doubts they are actual (amazing video BTW you shared the other day :D, thanks ).
But they are not what you think. It's not fingers, it's pure magic. Formless appears as form, Love. :x 

@zeroISinfinity so what I am saying, there is no body, you can't disidentify with it, since there is none. It's only thought: "Here is my body". The only thing you can do is let go of this belief that the body exists, to see the magic.

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

Go touch a fire flame with your hands and just "decide" that that's not painful.. And see how that goes..... 

No one decides anything. Even when they think they do. That's the flawed assumption at the core, that there's someone there to decide, Someone here. 

For there to be a spectrum or a movement of back and forth on any scale, and we're talking about the pain/pleasure scale, there has to be someone or some point of reference that focuses on and experiences the different polarities of the scale. With the arising of a someone as a point of reference comes the arising of wanted and unwanted. 

It's possible to go through life seeing this and maintaining your preferences for pleasure, playing the game of duality, all the while understanding that the entire purpose of the game is free sheer creation and love, that the illusion of the point of reference of self is not what everything hinges on. 

Physical pain is a useful sensation and it HURTS, psychological suffering that layers on top of physical pain and cast fault and blame and should and shouldn't haves is the real suffering that spirituality seeks to exorcise. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, allislove said:

No doubts they are actual (amazing video BTW you shared the other day :D, thanks ).
But they are not what you think. It's not fingers, it's pure magic. Formless appears as form, Love. :x 

Yes my friend. I can't claim fingers as mine. But fingers and what fingers can do it's all love. 

Pure Love. Actually not as concept or philosophizing. 

Relative is also Love. 

Just so peeps don't become ? and start flattening their life. 

20 minutes ago, allislove said:

(amazing video BTW you shared the other day :D, thanks ).

Holy fuck for a second I tought I posted wrong video. Then I remembered it's from  YouTube. What a releif. My videos are not allowed on youtube. 

So close. Almost got heart attack. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 minute ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Holy fuck for a second I tought I posted wrong video. Then I remembered it's from  YouTube. What a releif. My videos are not allowed on youtube. 

So close. 

Lol.

"It's not fingers, it's pure magic. Formless appears as form, Love.", that would be a good description for some kind of movies, you know ?

8 minutes ago, allislove said:

Lol.

"It's not fingers, it's pure magic. Formless appears as form, Love.", that would be a good description for some kind of movies, you know ?

Or educational ones "Neo advaita for begginers" "Begginer's mind" 

"Mushroom trip" etc

Edited by zeroISinfinity

The way out is in

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.