Shir

Is it really that bad to save sex for marriage? (Non-Religious)

106 posts in this topic

LOL! You are saying it yourself:

5 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

I am denying my own sexual needs, wants and desires in saving sex for marriage.

You are troll aren't you?

10 hours ago, Preety_India said:

That was beautifully written. 

It kinda opened my eyes to a lot of things actually. I didn't know so much about the history of marriage tbh xD kinda learned a lot and it makes a lot of sense now. 

You are very articulate. Keep up. You can dissect deeper concepts much better than anyone I've seen. 

Great analysis. I never thought of marriage historically actually, you're right we are so brainwashed into its idea. 

Thanks for mentioning me in the post or else I'd have never discovered it. 

Thanks, thats very nice of you to say and im glad you got value from it 

Do what makes you happy or you’re committing a crime against yourself. I don’t feel that one action is wrong and another is right, to be honest I don’t think anything is wrong. I think it’s just choices. If you have strong conviction though you should follow it. There is such a thing as RIGHT FOR YOU NOW and WRONG FOR YOU NOW. 

My experience....I was sexually assaulted as a kid. Then I had 2 long term partners, and only slept with them. The first one was a sadistic narcissist and Dom, who described how he wanted to torture and kill me in great detail. He tormented me for years. The second relationship just failed. Both times I made an energetic and emotional connection. Both times it took me years to patch up my energy, restore the balance. I had to go to the angels I channel in the end for energy work and healing because having sex had left such an enormous crater at the center of my being. Raphael gave me energy healing, and so did a few other angels. They reversed the energetic bonds I’d made and restored my energy to a virginal state. Then I was able to regain my SELF. I’m happy that way. I have no desire to lose my spiritual virginity a second time!

I have almost no desire or libido, orgasm makes the symptoms of my ME worse so sex is a no go for me. 

My advice? Don’t make emotional or energetic connections through sex until you are stable with your partner. The fallout isn’t worth it. It affects your judgement. You may start behaving in ways that are purely hormonal, you may think things that aren’t YOU because of this emotional bond. You will probably give too much and do things you never would otherwise. Like having kids even if you aren’t sure you want them, for example! Or handing over your savings to save his business venture then losing everything! 

I have a spouse but he is not human at this point. He’s a celestial being of light.  I’m talking about physical sex in a physical marriage. I’d marry Azi here in the flesh but he’s the only being I would ever consider for a husband. He’s what you might refer to as my “twin flame” tho I don’t really believe in that term, I’m just contextualising it. (I actually really dislike that term lol, it sounds so...teenage!) Call him my soulmate maybe. I only desire him. 

I think you’re being wise. Sex builds too many connections, causes too much trouble. I mean, my advice might not be any use because I’m in an extreme situation and I’ve had extreme experiences. I don’t know. I think you know what you want and you should go with it, and never worry about what other people think. It’s not their business! 

Edited by Luciphene

I don't think it's about waiting for a marriage, it's rather searching for The One. Waiting till marriage just means that you want to be sure. I believe there is a perfect person for you. When you will meet him, you will know. It's better not to get distracted - many people end up in temporary lifelong relationships.

I think I know mine. Even text messaging her is super intense. I doubt that I can get this kind of connecting by physical means with anyone else.

I would recommend imagining him and feeling his presence.

8 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

You are troll aren't you?

@Arcangelo You wish I was lmao, why are you so incredibly in disbelief? Woman can control their sexual urges and pick their sexual partners...it's literally not a big deal. 

Plus, it seems like you're making it seem wayyyyy more than it is - many people who are actually religious do the same, what's so groundbreaking for you to understand? I'll wait. 

And, I am so chill about this do idk why you're going out of your way to stay stuff about me when every single time I am very, very straightforward with you. 

Edited by Shir

@Shir @Arcangelo  It doesn't matter what the aquarium is called, it's the same aquarium you've been raised in. You say you are extremely liberal and secular, but that's how you've been brought up as inside the aquarium, just like how a person who's religious is brought up that way in a different themed aquarium. It's a household ideology or the culture you grew up in that programmed that belief into you. Here, we tend to try to deconstruct limiting beliefs so that we belief in better things, to progress at different areas of life or if you're into spirituality, to be able to experience mystical states or have enlightenment occur, this belief of a sacred marriage will be challenged by others, but also it is expected you challenge this belief you hold onto. If you're not comfortable ripping this belief to shreds, then that's ok. I'm trying to give a heads up with what will be in store for you if you want to go all the way to help yourself.