Looking for a spiritual masters who arent narcissists

46 posts in this topic

Peter Ralston

Shunyamurti

Adyashanti

Rupert Spira

all very humble folk

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Shunyamurti fits in the narcissistic guru category from what i could tell.

Edit: i prefer terms like false, toxic, but narcissist actually does seem to work.

Edited by Artsu

28 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Shunyamurti fits in the narcissistic guru category from what i could tell.

Edit: i prefer terms like false, toxic, but narcissist actually does seem to work.

How come?

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

How come?

It's just the read i get on him. I can't point to this and that thing he said, you'd have to be familiar with how i do reads.

10 minutes ago, Artsu said:

It's just the read i get on him. I can't point to this and that thing he said, you'd have to be familiar with how i do reads.

Cool! I usually intuituevly get disinterested in gurus after a month or two if I feel theyre not genuine, its a subtle feeling. 

Regarding this, there is a sage named Dhurvasa  in Mahabharatha(The longest epic in the world). He is considered as a paramahamsa(Highly enlightened one). Everyone respects him, but also afraid of him, because he is known for being very angry and curses if he is challenged too much.  

My two cents on this matter:

That is to say, Ego and enlightenment are not contradictory. After enlightenment, the ego may seem to disappear from the foreground, but the vasanas(tendencies) will still remain until the body drops. Even during this period, if the intention to continue the individuation as jiva(small-I-self) remains in the mind (Some may not even be capable of desiring it because of the loss of sense of self is too complete), the individuation will continue with further generation of karma because of presence of such a desire. 

As long as there is an individuation(even if enlightened), there will always be some form of ego continuing with the individual(Either with the body or without it). This leftover ego which remains will still act according to its previous tendencies I believe. So finding a guru or a teacher who is going to be perfectly saintly in all respects is almost an impossible task. Among many enlightened, there may be few who are perfectly of calm nature.

Not all enlightened are moral either, although enlightenment can lessen the tendency to be immoral.

The things one should look for in a spiritual guru is whether his work is bringing positive change in the society or not, whether he abuses his disciples unnecessarily in any way, Whether he is involved in immoral activities behind the scenes, whether what he says can be verified from other sources or not, or is he simply repeating the words of others without following them himself? Whether his teachings are actually working for those who follow them? these are the things one should look for. Normal egoic behaviour is common with gurus, it doesn't mean they are not enlightened. Infact, the kind of world we are living in, we need more assertive gurus than soft ones. 

From what I know, Anger, resentment, emotion, all happen even to the enlightened, its just that their impact is very less or no impact at all (depending on the previous tendencies) and only lasts as long as the event which brings it lasts. As soon as the event passes, the mind does not make a mental circus out of it and simply lets go of it.

Narcissus was self realized. He fell in love with him Self by self reflecting and Self Love. And turned into a flower. 

Spiritual master or crazy fool? Both, neither? You decide. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 11.8.2020. at 4:21 PM, Epikur said:

The ones without clothing should be ok

Oh finally one criteria I do fulfill. There is some hope for me after all. 

Matt Kahn your days are over. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

7 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Oh finally one criteria I do fulfill. There is some hope for me after all. 

Matt Kahn your days are over. 

Nah, it's all about the clothing. His Jesus Santa sweater is epic. Also I've noticed the real masters wear a lot of pink and purple, lots of lavender. And have you seen Osho's nails? OMG.  

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

40 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

Matt Kahn 

Listen @fridjonkman you have to face final fear.

I tought it was death not Matt Kahn 

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Nah, it's all about the clothing. His Jesus Santa sweater is epic. Also I've noticed the real masters wear a lot of pink and purple, lots of lavender. And have you seen Osho's nails? OMG.  

Well if I ever come to US I will run satsangs shirtless. I want my pecs, byceps, abs to be seen. 

Want all spiritual chicks. To take away all.new agey gals away from.him. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Ramana Maharishi and his self inquiry ? 

Can't go wrong with that straight to the point, no sings of egotistical traits at all.

32 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Narcissus was self realized. He fell in love with him Self by self reflecting and Self Love. And turned into a flower. 

Spiritual master or crazy fool? Both, neither? You decide. 

Damn... Never thought about it that way. Kudos

8 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

@zeroISinfinity He's married with his hot twin flame wife, don't worry about him taking your future harem.

I got my hot witch I guess. Joked about batsoups. Got random veggies soupmaker. Nice twinflame I guess. Like goes to a like.How I am what else I expected. 

But still she is so jelous even if she hides that. So we play on that card.

Imagine coming home after such satsang and she welcomes you with "arsenal" it will. Make. Me. Lose. My mind even more. What I have to do for my goldfish. Poor me. ?

Edited by zeroISinfinity

2 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Matt Kahn 

I watched some of his videos before, I noticed he has a grandiose self-image. His students are still seeking after following him for years, he doesn't feel bad about taking their money, that's lack of empathy. He has an exaggerated sense of self-importance, he claims he is saving this planet. He is arrogant, looks down on other teachers. And so on.

I nominate Jivanmukti, she is very pure and radiates energy like a true teacher should.

Well, good luck guys, your own self-biases of what a guru should be will function as a blanket hiding the wisdom from you.

8 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

Well, good luck guys, your own self-biases of what a guru should be will function as a blanket hiding the wisdom from you.

yup look no further! 

B-IN-GO!!!!!

?

You're both right and wrong and I think some of it is because your not directly interacting with them 1 on 1. You're watching their general classroom type teaching that's generally not even aimed at the people they are usually addressing even 1 on 1 I assume because in these publicized recordings they are considering everyone that is currently interacting with them in the room alongside the questioner and even ones that will watch them through recordings; and anyway one of the most important parts for example is actually direct energy interaction between guru and disciple.And also narcissism can be a good thing, sometimes.I'm personally more attracted to the more narcissistic type personalities like Osho and Leo(believe me he is very narcissistic and so is every human just in acceptable ways if you want to put it that way; individual characteristics don't all just exist as within some facet that can only be detected  in the social context where they would even have a chance of being appraised as such in the first place) they're more charismatic they make me feel I want to be like them and to have people like them as friends.

Sadghuru doesn't strike me as narcissistic tho it's just that if you actually watched more of him you'd notice he has to answer the same beginner type questions literally 100s of times and barely interacts with any "high level" spiritual person in public so at least even if he's narcissistic you don't know him.

Of course I personally called Leo narcissistic because my personal internal imagination of me slightly clashes with my personal fear of being prevented from interacting with you guys by being banned for raving on semi mindlessly.I understand he's a focused type person I happen to be more open minded then him without even a single psychelic in my default lower states than him in a peak 5 meo full blown enlightenment experience ( okay just poking him here purely for fun I have some affection for Leo I just don't want him to beat me up).