Rajneeshpuram

Looking for a spiritual masters who arent narcissists

46 posts in this topic

I'm actually following a channel called "Meditations steps" in which somo genuine months talk about their tips and techniques for meditations, in a non profit way, they are humble and grounded, but the contents is quite basic for me and I want more advanced material.

Here comes the problem:

Most famous spiritual gurus are egotistic and narcissistic, and some of them arent even enlightened.

Sadhguru is the worst of them,  in the majority of his videos the dynamics is: some journalist or disciple makes a question, and Sadhguru ridiculizes the question or humiliates the disciple or makes fun of him, a enlightened master never would do that. That's ego. And other times he skip the question with excuses.

Moojiji also show clear hints of ego, he talks like a radio host and is turned on by his own voice, likes to make jokes and his ego is fed by the people's feedback (aproval), and often repeat the jokes 2 or 3 times.

I've read about the "Guru Syndome" in psychology magazines. I seems being a guru is a dream come true for sociopaths. Does mentally ill people becomes a guru to feed the ego? Or just mentally healty gurus become narcissists by excessive worship and attention of the followers?

Either way I'm looking for options for reading. Eckhart Tolle is not good giving advice of attending spiritual enlightenment thru meditative discipline because he got enlightened by accident without even wanting.

mooji is the best, especially when they focus the camera on teenage girls jumping up and down looking like they are about to pee in a hysterical fit to hear him, and the jokes he makes to show that although he is deep and enlightened, he is a simple guy.

For me was interesting the book of Melvin wartella, ego evolution and enlightenment if I don't remember bad the title, but is the only book of this guy so it's easy to find

Edited by cobalto

51 minutes ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

I've read about the "Guru Syndome" in psychology magazines.

Great source.

Stage Orange shitting on Stage Green/Turquoise, who would have thought?

0551f506725ac1deeaa85d46f8b9a5fd.jpg

I have noticed this too.  I never want to get to that point and I think anyone in Green and Yellow should recognize this phenomenon.  Ken Wilber sued to talk about this a lot.

I love Eckart Tolle in that he is not at all about his ego.  

It can be depressing when we LOVE a spiritual leader, teacher, or counselor ... then OOOPS, the person does something DREADFUL.

12 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

Great source.

Stage Orange shitting on Stage Green/Turquoise, who would have thought?

There are unhealthy aspects of Green and Turquoise. The Psychologists aren’t just deciding to shit on them. 

1 hour ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

I'm actually following a channel called "Meditations steps" in which somo genuine months talk about their tips and techniques for meditations, in a non profit way, they are humble and grounded, but the contents is quite basic for me and I want more advanced material.

What is too basic about it?

Can you be more specific about that, and about what you mean by the ‘more advanced material’ you’re seeking?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What is too basic about it?

Can you be more specific about that, and about what you mean by the ‘more advanced material’ you’re seeking?

This channel for example covers the basics of meditation but 60% is yoga tips, fasting, smoothies... superficial stuff.

I'm looking for content focused of thecniques in depth to find which one is the most suitable for me.

@Rajneeshpuram

How would those not work for you?

What does non-superficial look like for you?

What does ‘most suitable for me’ mean or relate to? What is it which you desire to change?

What’s the most ideal outcome?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

Maybe Matt Kahn is who you looking for

Aaaaaaaargh become alergic. Will play darts on his picture. 

Spiritual master (ain't gonna happen ever) which is non narcissist. Another criteria which I don't fulfill. 

So sad I can't help people. ?

3 hours ago, Synchronicity said:

There are unhealthy aspects of Green and Turquoise. The Psychologists aren’t just deciding to shit on them. 

More often than not, psychologists and academics won't understand anything related to true spirituality, metaphysical investigations etc, and will demonize it.

Once i gave a stage orange/green person a Ramana's Maharshi book and she returned to me saying that Ramana is the biggest narcissist ever, calling himself God and shit like that and all he wanted was adoration and validation. This is a pretty standard perspective from people stuck in stage orange materialism and hyper-logical "scientific" minded. 

Look inward, often times, the more awoke someone is the more they can appear as selfish because they will put themselves first; to those who usually put others first or tend to always consider the feelings of others will perceive a healthy relationship toward self as inconsiderate/narcissistic behaviors 

we use all perception, good or bad, to help ourselves reach a healthy balance in all relationship 

Rupert Spira is really great.  What do you think about him?

He explains stuff very eloquently and rarely talks about superficial stuff. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Most guru types with mandalas on the background tend to be very narcissistic and corny

Adyashanti and Rupert Spira and Ram Dass. 

Not Egotistical. 

Also Ramana Maharshi. 

Eckhart Tolle 

There are plenty 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Father Spyridon of the orthodox church.

Would you consider him a spiritual master? Well, either way, he is certainly not a narcissist. I understand what you mean by the trend of narcissism in spiritual masters. It is also present in politicians and preachers. Corrupt leaders.