Halm

I Consciousness should know all minds simultaneously

93 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've been studying the vedantic path and the psychedelic path for about 7 years now. So far I have never tried 5 MeO though.

I know that there is only one consciousness. But would love getting more technical about this.

So enough about me. This is my question (read it through before hyper typing ;)

If i am the One Consciousness why am i not conscious of all minds simultaneously, as all minds are made out of me.

I know the question is coming from the level of the mind, and other minds can not know other minds, though they are connected and made out of consciousness.. The regular vedantic answers to this question doesn't satisfy me.

The usual answers:

Ocean and the waves: But if consciousness is the ocean it's also in the waves and therefore should know each wave simultaneously.

The house and rooms: If there is one house but separate rooms. If im the house i should of course know all rooms at all times. As consciousness is knowing each room but also knowing the house simultaneously (or not knowing “the” house, but clear knowing. Because if something knew pure consciousness it would be greater than it.

So, I'm interested in answers from people who have come to rest about all of this. It seems so easy for so many to tell the ocean story and they cant see where my confusion lies. Ive been unsatisfied with most of the answers so far in this area for many years.

People who came to satisfaction about this subject, how do you explain this?

People who have done 5 MeO do you have the experience of how the process goes?

Thanks for your time

Best wishes

There is only 1 room in the house. Yours. The end.

All other minds exist in your mind.

You have always had Absolute access to everything that exists. Here it is. This is it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You have always had Absolute access to everything that exists. Here it is. This is it.

So solipsism is it? My direct experience says it is... 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Language is an abstraction through which we get to know other minds. In that sense, we have indirect access to all minds.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you see this text above? That is the content that exists in the mind of Leo. Now you had access to it.

Now let us suppose God comes to you and gives you the power to access all minds simultaneously. However, you have to pay a price for this. The price is that everyone else in reality could also have direct access to your mind. Are you willing to pay that price?

You can access the thoughts of all, only when everyone can access your mind and your thoughts. 

@Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is not very helpful for me. I know there is only one room/space. And the walls in that house are an apparent and not real division of that space/room.

Then, if all minds exist in my mind, why don't I know them? As I am that knowing which they are made of i should know them all in this very now? I only know one mind at the moment. For example, I'm not aware of "Leo's perception" right now.

I'm sorry if this all sounds silly, but it is really something i'm struggling with.

consciousness aware every mind thought, but couldn't bring it to the mind. consciousness Lacks mind, it doesn’t store thought it is on constant play of reality, even though it aware thought it is simultaneous realization, have no memory. for example you could be intuitive to something and know but it might be difficult for you to explain it. the mind is very limited. if you bring to the mind you will explode. consciousness knows everything happens in the universe. our consciousness cut from the same material and separate itself through mind, when something happens in one place it reflect on every consciousness being, because consciousness is one, but the mind ignore, because of inability to handle except what it seeks for. 

@Halm when you awaken from a dream do you wonder why you cannot get into the minds of the people in your dream?  No because they were all imaginary and all in your mind.  

Well, You can similarly "awaken" from this dream.  It will be the death of the ego though - and it will come with some radical realizations.  That's the cost.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

If a certain experience is defined by not knowing, then it can only be experienced in that context.

Imagine a 19th century painter in France. He's a romantic. He's a genius. He lost his wife. He is struck with grief. The paintings and creations he makes are off the charts. He was born. He lived. He died crying at the moon and throwing fists among the lonely cornfields.

Can you bottle that experience? Can you bag it up and sell it on a VR marketplace?

If God created such an experience to experience for itself, it would certainly have to first remove the knowledge that it was God. Else the experience wouldn't be authentic.

Imagine, as your 19th century French wife died in your arms, you punching the air in grief.....while secretly smirking to yourself (as God) knowing the whole thing was just theatre.

Such is the paradox. When theatre is too fake it is boring. When it is too real it is terrifying. Where do you draw the line?

In any event, one cannot wear a blindfold at the same time as not wearing a blindfold. If you knew all, then you could not enjoy the tapestry of an ignorant and foolish mind.

Edited by peachboy

@Halm

How come I can only see the one mirage in the desert, and not all the other mirages? The actual satisfying answer is because there aren’t any mirages. But no answer is satisfying, because the answers are mirage. Only love will do. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Inliytened1

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Halm when you awaken from a dream do you wonder why you cannot get into the minds of the people in your dream?  No because they were all imaginary and all in your mind.  

Well, You can similarly "awaken" from this dream.  It will be the death of the ego though - and it will come with some radical realizations.  That's the cost.

I've thought about this alot. And for me it doesn't really do it because in a dream at night we can't really say other people are conscious as in waking state.

And if they are conscious, my limited mind can still just be aware of one subject at a time. While Consciousness/The One Mind is conscious of every mind.

@Nahm

58 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Halm

How come I can only see the one mirage in the desert, and not all the other mirages? The actual satisfying answer is because there aren’t any mirages. But no answer is satisfying, because the answers are mirage. Only love will do. 

This doesn't make sense either for me. I can only see one mirage because there is only perception of one mirage at that moment. If a friend calls me and says he is "having" a perception of another mirage then i would say, why can't i see both mirages as both are appearing in infinite awareness. 

Let's say perception is a mirage. I know there is perception right now. I also know that "you" are "having" a perception right now. If I'm infinitely awareness, why am I only having this one perception at the moment, and not knowing about "yours".

My experiences with 5 MeO DMT have led to conclusions which are verbalised very nicely by Bernardo Kastrup who postulates Idealism that answers the OPs question by considering the Non-dual nature of reality/consciousness which can dissociate into focal "islands" (or alters) and I suspect once considered may be more satisfying than some of the other answers in this thread. His book  "The Idea of the World" would be a fine place to start.   

24 minutes ago, Halm said:

@Inliytened1

I've thought about this alot. And for me it doesn't really do it because in a dream at night we can't really say other people are conscious as in waking state.

And i'm telling you there is no "waking state".  This is a dream.  You only believe this is the waking state because you are measuring it against your night time dreams, providing the illusion of some sort of ground.  But this takes consciousness work to discover - rationalizing will not work.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

The cost is brutal.

Too much to be worth it

@Corpus

1 hour ago, Corpus said:

My experiences with 5 MeO DMT have led to conclusions which are verbalised very nicely by Bernardo Kastrup who postulates Idealism that answers the OPs question by considering the Non-dual nature of reality/consciousness which can dissociate into focal "islands" (or alters) and I suspect once considered may be more satisfying than some of the other answers in this thread. His book  "The Idea of the World" would be a fine place to start.   

Thank you, this seems super interesting. Will look into the book right now!

@Inliytened1

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

And i'm telling you there is no "waking state".  This is a dream.  You only believe this is the waking state because you are measuring it against your night time dreams, providing the illusion of some sort of ground.  But this takes consciousness work to discover - rationalizing will not work.

Waking state is only a name. Much used in the vedantic ways. I agree “Waking” state is a dream. As do the Aadvaitans. The name is just there to let us know what experience we are talking about. As the dream state at night is different than the current experience we are having right now.

So my original question is still there. As our limited mind we are experiencing right now can only have one perception at time or even one thought at a time. The One Mind/Consciousness can dream up many minds (we are one of those dreamed up minds).

So, if I am infinite consciousness/All knowing, how come I'm not aware of your thoughts? I'm only aware of thoughts appearing “here” while i'm sure there are other minds with other thoughts I have no access to.

3 hours ago, peachboy said:

If a certain experience is defined by not knowing, then it can only be experienced in that context.

Imagine a 19th century painter in France. He's a romantic. He's a genius. He lost his wife. He is struck with grief. The paintings and creations he makes are off the charts. He was born. He lived. He died crying at the moon and throwing fists among the lonely cornfields.

Can you bottle that experience? Can you bag it up and sell it on a VR marketplace?

If God created such an experience to experience for itself, it would certainly have to first remove the knowledge that it was God. Else the experience wouldn't be authentic.

Imagine, as your 19th century French wife died in your arms, you punching the air in grief.....while secretly smirking to yourself (as God) knowing the whole thing was just theatre.

Such is the paradox. When theatre is too fake it is boring. When it is too real it is terrifying. Where do you draw the line?

In any event, one cannot wear a blindfold at the same time as not wearing a blindfold. If you knew all, then you could not enjoy the tapestry of an ignorant and foolish mind.

Thanks for your reply!

I like this line you provided: "If God created such an experience to experience for itself, it would certainly have to first remove the knowledge that it was God. Else the experience wouldn't be authentic."

I get the feeling of; 'The infinite can only know the infinite and the finite can only know the finite.'  Do you agree with this? I've heard this reasoning before and it resonates but I want to get more technical about it.

Edited by Halm

Yeah I would say the I am infinite Consciousness/All-knowing Concept sounds pretty limited.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, Halm said:

If i am the One Consciousness why am i not conscious of all minds simultaneously, as all minds are made out of me.

You are conscious of all minds simultaneously but it takes different forms.

The reality is that "your" mind creates thoughts, and you assume that they are something else other than thoughts, as if they have some reality to them.

You want to know what my experience is like, but what you're reading right now is exactly what I am. No more, no less. The rest is you imagining things about these words, that there is someone there sitting somewhere typing them etc...

At least that's one way to look at it.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey