Heart of Space

Accepting death

29 posts in this topic

I think once you begin to get close to death and your body and mind begin to deteriorate it opens the doors for things you don't normally get to experience.  I believe that I am getting close to my time to die.  My health has deteriorated and I feel like my body and mind are preparing to die probably in the next few months or years.  It's been a very painful process and it has been difficult for me to accept because I'm relatively young as well.  I'd be lying if I said that I'm not afraid.  That being said I don't feel I'm in need of sympathy, so don't feel sorry for me.  Obviously we will all share the same fate, so I'm not special.  Maybe a few of you here are dealing with something similar.  I guess I just wanted to share and discuss how others might deal with this natural and very difficult part of life. 

Edited by Heart of Space

who is it that thinks death is bad / afraid of it?

From an ultimate point of view is there any rational reason to consider death bad/worse than life? 

Or is all society's fear and taboo of death just a logical consequence of deeply-embedded survival-programming in our genes?

What is the difference between life and death anyway but a human-mind-made distinction useful for survival?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

3 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

How?

I went through a phase of my life where I nearly self-destructed.  Got through it, but now I'm living with the physical consequences.  

3 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

I think once you begin to get close to death and your body and mind begin to deteriorate it opens the doors for things you don't normally get to experience.  I believe that I am getting close to my time to die.  My health has deteriorated and I feel like my body and mind are preparing to die probably in the next few months or years.  It's been a very painful process and it has been difficult for me to accept because I'm relatively young as well.  I'd be lying if I said that I'm not afraid.  That being said I don't feel I'm in need of sympathy, so don't feel sorry for me.  Obviously we will all share the same fate, so I'm not special.  Maybe a few of you here are dealing with something similar.  I guess I just wanted to share and discuss how others might deal with this natural and very difficult part of life. 

I've got no clue of your personal situation other than your body is getting destroyed(like cancer).

Death = Aliveness. End = Beginning.

Your chapter as the one who you currently believe you are is coming to an end, but a new, vibrant, exciting chapter is just about to open.

A new life, new things to discover, new things to explore, another chance to awaken, another chance to be suprised, excited and happy. 

And no need to fear, as this has been your nature from the beginning. What else have you been doing in the universe other than beginning? 

1 hour ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

who is it that thinks death is bad / afraid of it?

From an ultimate point of view is there any rational reason to consider death bad/worse than life? 

Or is all society's fear and taboo of death just a logical consequence of deeply-embedded survival-programming in our genes?

What is the difference between life and death anyway but a human-mind-made distinction useful for survival?

My mind and my ego is afraid of it.  

I don't know about a rational reason.  I've let go of most of my attachments and baggage, but I'm still attached to the idea of existing.  

Survival programming in my genes or not, there is still a sense of fear over death or non-existence.  Regardless of explanation of origin, it does not change the face that this feeling exists for me.  

5 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I've got no clue of your personal situation other than your body is getting destroyed(like cancer).

Death = Aliveness. End = Beginning.

Your chapter as the one who you currently believe you are is coming to an end, but a new, vibrant, exciting chapter is just about to open.

A new life, new things to discover, new things to explore, another chance to awaken, another chance to be suprised, excited and happy. 

And no need to fear, as this has been your nature from the beginning. What else have you been doing in the universe other than beginning? 

I was told that I can choose to fight it and maybe survive longer, but I would just be trapping myself in this life and the suffering that comes with non-acceptance of death.  Or I can choose to accept it, die, and be reborn.  It came to me in a sort of vision, which prompted the creation of this thread.  I feel it relates to what you say here.   

2 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

My mind and my ego is afraid of it.  

I don't know about a rational reason.  I've let go of most of my attachments and baggage, but I'm still attached to the idea of existing.  

Survival programming in my genes or not, there is still a sense of fear over death or non-existence.  Regardless of explanation of origin, it does not change the face that this feeling exists for me.  

Who is it, then, that believes his mind/ego is afraid of death?

Existence isn't dependent on the silly human-mind dualistic concept of life<->death.

The feeling exists for you, only because you still believe you are a human being.

You should question/contemplate the belief "I am a human being" . Is it really true? Or does it just feel true, because in your childhood every adult around you told you, you were a human and that you were "insert-your-name" and that you were born by X and Y ... ???

What were you before you were given a name, before you were given an identity as a human being?

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@Heart of Space

Death is only a belief. You’re identified with past & personhood & believing in death so deeply, that you’re missing feeling is love. You’re labeling it fear, and continuing to be ‘right’ about your belief. No offense. Love ya. Sorry to hear of your current state & hope you turn it around on both accounts soon. ? Also, you’re fucking infinity awesome, and I believe in you turning this water into wine. Much to let go perhaps. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Ok

I’m not in an acute dying process. But as you say, we all ultimately share the same predicament. And a large part of my consciousness work has been about coming to terms with and facing my mortality.

I actually didn’t truly realize I was mortal until I tried psychedelics and was confronted with it. The denial runs so deep. We all just assume we are going to live till we’re 80+, when in reality any moment could be our last. We assume that we get tomorrow. Endless expectation.

There isn’t much anyone could say to make death easier imo. We all have to walk through the door and face the unknown alone. Fear of death will persist until death takes place, whether you ‘die before you die’ or when the body ceases its functioning. 

If anything I would do some self-inquiry to examine if consciousness can actually cease to exist. Try and see if you can find any evidence that consciousness is subject to the same limitations as the body and the personal ‘I’.

Good luck in your letting go process.

Surrender, surrender, surrender

Namaste ❤️

Oh man, you are so right.  Modern society serves to allow us to be in denial of our death.  I was in denial for a long time.  To the point where you even fool yourself into thinking you're not afraid of death because you're so on top of the world healthy and enjoying life.  Well, the moment your true mortality is flashed in front of you it's like slamming into a brick wall.  

I will be doing a lot of meditation and self-inquiry in this process.  Thank you for responding, I read your post before I went to sleep a few hours ago and I felt your love and passion.  

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Heart of Space

Death is only a belief. You’re identified with past & personhood & believing in death so deeply, that you’re missing feeling is love. You’re labeling it fear, and continuing to be ‘right’ about your belief. No offense. Love ya. Sorry to hear of your current state & hope you turn it around on both accounts soon. ? Also, you’re fucking infinity awesome, and I believe in you turning this water into wine. Much to let go perhaps. 

No offense taken at all.  Thanks Nahm, you're the man.  Much to let go, but we'll see what I can do.  I have some choices to make on how this plays out.  

And to the gentleman who talks to me in my dreams sometimes, you know who you are.  Thank you, you've been a real friend.  :)

32 minutes ago, --George-- said:

I am a psychedelic dummy. I did remember psychedelics have been used for people facing death. No idea if its a good or dumb thing to do.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abbierosner/2020/05/06/psychedelic-drugs-can-improve-quality-of-lifeand-deathfor-older-adults/

I haven't done psychedelics for a while, but the life becomes more psychedelic by itself the closer I get to death.  You would be in absolute disbelief in some of the things I've experienced if I told you.  

@Heart of Space  I don't have so wise things to say about death. According to Leo death is about love.  Maybe you have heard about cardiologist Lommel about people who came back from death?

Edited by --George--

37 minutes ago, --George-- said:

@Heart of Space  I don't have so wise things to say about death. According to Leo death is about love.  I would like to know about some of those things you experience. Maybe you have heard about cardiologist Lommel about people who came back from death?

Thank you.  

Well, the main interesting thing is that I'm regularly in contact with higher conscious beings.  They took pity on me and frankly, saved my ass in a big way.  I also have psychic communications quite commonly as well.  If you have any more specific questions I'll do my best to answer.  It requires an open mind though, because it will sound like I'm just bonkers, but I'm not.  

@Heart of Space IMO we have no chance of accepting our own death if we can't accept the possibility of unconsciousness

Three pillars death acceptance for me were enlightenment, depression, and realization that as we get older there is less and less novelty in our lives and it turns out that novelty is one of the things that makes life enjoyable 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

On 8/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, Heart of Space said:

Thank you.  

Well, the main interesting thing is that I'm regularly in contact with higher conscious beings.  They took pity on me and frankly, saved my ass in a big way.  I also have psychic communications quite commonly as well.  If you have any more specific questions I'll do my best to answer.  It requires an open mind though, because it will sound like I'm just bonkers, but I'm not.  

@Heart of Space  I heard from doctor Lommel from youtube that these things seem to happen more often. Lommel also answers personal email questions about things around death.  What did these higher conscious beings help you with?

Edited by --George--

6 hours ago, Keyhole said:

I am still trying to come to terms with this as well and it's difficult to do it.  The only thing that I have found that works is to put all of your energy into your heart and to love the present moment to such a deep degree that you are able to move past the illusion of time and you're already in that space that you will be after you die.  

So just keep practicing love and you will have more consciousness for when the time comes.  

From my experience, because consciousness is infinite imagination, you could probably start imagining what room you want to wake up into next by having a heart centered vision of what that would look like, you could probably carry it with you while you're actively dying as a request.  

It is very difficult, the most difficult thing I've had to face emotionally.  

Thank you for your advice, I will do my best.  

In my view, as long as we believe that we are only the mind-body, fear of death cannot be erased, since we desire to make permanent the impermanent.

The recognition that we are the luminous, blissful, self-existent consciousness temporarily encased in form is to be realised, since vicarious knowing does not quieten lower mind. In fact, even upon ‘realisation’, to begin with there is only a flickering awareness of this truth, until gradually we assimilate the knowing within. Each enablement is different. For some it is faster, for others, slower.

Here are a few lines on ‘death’. Hope it helps

Death

Death a frontier

An imagined barrier

In reality nonexistent

Save to shallow ego sentiment

Subtle domain veiled by a sieve

Our mist essence does not deceive

By simple recognition

Cessation of mind body association

Meaning no fear of death

Be it sudden or approaching in stealth

Divine Love the fulcrum

Of our awareness in the continuum

Seamless & resistanceless

One with the That Oneness

Our the thus ever present orientation

Paves way for hidden doors to open

Twice born

We yet live on

Association begetting delusion

Miring us in swamps of stagnation

Which is in truth living death

Captive by choice in the maya net

At any instant no sooner we undo

Shedding conditioning we renew

Our core

Blessings of bliss our being does empower

Beginningless endless our vaporised self is home

Fearless and in resonance with the life pulse of Ohm

On 8/9/2020 at 3:24 AM, Heart of Space said:

Im not sure what your going through, but if it is true your going to die, then there's nothing you can do about it and accepting this can be very healing.

However since lifes a real mystery and the body can recover from just about anything, whats to say you won't live a very long life?  It can be very enlivening committing yourself to doing EVERYTHING you can to find a way to heal yourself and going about it, but being mindful of not getting overly neurotic and stressed about it.

The will to live can be an amazing adventure to experience and learn from if you can accept death as a possibility. 

There's a lot of good words in this thread.  I'll be honest, right now, I am experiencing a hellish existence.  The moment I transition into the sleep state I dream of times I've made people suffer and it's an extremely vivid portrayal  of my devilishness.  I also am hearing the thoughts of those I've made suffer directed towards me.  The intensity of my situation is difficult to portray in words.  I'm going to do my best to get through this.  

3 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

There's a lot of good words in this thread.  I'll be honest, right now, I am experiencing a hellish existence.  The moment I transition into the sleep state I dream of times I've made people suffer and it's an extremely vivid portrayal  of my devilishness.  I also am hearing the thoughts of those I've made suffer directed towards me.  The intensity of my situation is difficult to portray in words.  I'm going to do my best to get through this.  

Sounds like your conscience may not be at peace with these matters.  Have you come to terms with these matters, perhaps talked to those you effected and come clean?