Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Purple Examples Mega-Thread

235 posts in this topic

Stage Beige I would say began when humans started migrating around and out of Africa. As soon as they settled in areas and created tribes, I believe that was when stage purple really set in. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

5 hours ago, Thewritersunion said:

Stage Beige I would say began when humans started migrating around and out of Africa. As soon as they settled in areas and created tribes, I believe that was when stage purple really set in. 

How do you define tribes? Is it a group of people who share common cultural values? If so, then tribes existed long before Homo sapiens existed. Humans are natural pack animals. But what distinguishes a tribe of humans from say a pack of wolves?

I would say it lies in the complexity of the culture: explicit cultural artefacts like tools, locally bound survival techniques transmitted through language; myths, stories, rituals etc.. 

Different wolf packs may have different behavioural patterns depending on their local environment (a form of culture), but the way these are mediated are through lower forms of learning (imitation) rather than higher forms (language).

I believe Stage Purple naturally arises in pack animals when there is a symbolically rich language present, and that is estimated to have existed as far back as Homo erectus (1.8 million years ago) or even Homo habilis (2.5 million years ago).

Humans came on the scene merely 200 000 years ago. I would assume that Beige is reserved for pre-linguistic stages of childhood development (0-6 months old), although it's fair to assume that the level of language development required to sustain Purple in a homogeneous population would be equivalent to ~3 years old.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Sacred Prostitution is actually a very ancient practice, we have evidence that the Babylonians held rituals to the godess Ishtar, which involves giving offerings to her pristesses in her temple in order to have sex with them, because it was said that it gives them blessings. And it seems to me that  something similar might be the case with the devadasi women...

However, in our modern society, this tradition became completely distorted and is now associated with prostitution and child exploitation. Polarizing even more  the social inequality in the lower casts of India.

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

On 10/21/2020 at 8:29 PM, lmfao said:

Wow this was absolutely beautiful. Time to face my first enemy tomorrow, when I tell my mother the truth about my religious beliefs. 

Edit: The deed has been done. 

How'd that go?

Really wanna visit these guys. 

Bad thumbnail... Its a video of the Asaro Mudmen. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

The weirdest unneccessary ritual we still do. 

Edited by Rilles

Two hood guys who smoked in not-allowed area (4:18) are stage purple people and also are Russian citizens.

The man who against it is on stage red and a bit blue.

Purple guys really don't care what he said till police coming. Sorry guys that video is in russian, but in general purple guys don't even care about language and law and any documents in general. They even say it :-) hhaha literally they say: I don't care about language, you and I DON'T see any law here...literally.. So it's kind of impossible to tell them not to break the law (of course if you don't have some authority). They are afraid a camera much much much more than a prison. They even speak russian in a funny way cuz words are really don't matter for them. 

"For the primitives, childbirth is surrounded by strict taboos; in particular, the placenta must be carefully burned or thrown into the sea, because whoever might get hold of it would hold the newborn’s fate in his hands; this envelope in which the fetus is formed is the sign of its dependence; in annihilating it, the individual is able to detach himself from the living magma and to realize himself as an autonomous being."

An excerpt from the book "The Second Sex" by Simone de Beauvoir 

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

Okey I will translate, lol. 

" come here to the village, learn how to farm and harvest. City men are not men, what a shame, wearing shorts revealing their assess and eating Ice cream. Here are the real men who harvest and farm not like those who eat Snickers and Ice cream" 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

"It is difficult for members of a modern individualistic society to imagine the extent to which the Canela(tribe) saw the group as more important than the individual. Generosity and sharing was the ideal, while withholding was a social evil. Sharing possessions brought esteem. Sharing one’s body was a direct corollary. Desiring control over one’s goods and self was a form of stinginess. In this context, it is easy to understand why women chose to please men and why men chose to please women who expressed strong sexual needs. No one was so self-important that satisfying a fellow tribesman was less gratifying than personal gain."

Sex At Dawn - Christopher Ryan & Cacilda Jethá

Not sure if I should put his in Purple or Green because it's a little of both at the same time.

9 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Are you in AP Art History?

Nope, I study history as a hobby and sometimes stumble upon cool stuff. ^_^