gggkkk

How to find conscious friends??

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

after doing self-actualization and consciousness work for about a year I already find myself in a position of losing interest in communicating or being around average people. All their unconscious behaviors, complaining and the petty topics that they talk about left me completely isolated. In a certain sense, it's good, since I have more time to work productively and don't have negative distracting people around, however, I do think that having a couple of friends who are on the same journey as me will both benefit me and them. 

If anyone knows how to make conscious and inspirational friends let me know. 

I live in Toronto if anyone does as well, hit me up haha, I am craving to share perspectives and have deep conversations with you! 

This will be tough since a very small percentage of people are very conscious

I'm lucky to have a brother who is into this stuff but I am still stuck with lots of unconscious friends right now

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid true true, but hey, we can't give up gotta keep searching.  

Find some green friends. That's about as good as you can get. And there are plenty of them. Find places to live that are known to be more liberal. I personally look for people who like being out in nature, artists, yogis, meditators, travelers, etc.

A Science and Non-duality convention might be a good place to meet likeminded people in person. I’ve been thinking about going to one just for that reason.  Though the chances of meeting someone who lives where you do is pretty low.  But it’s better than nothing.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The more time you spend with this work the more you realise that any type of person is a beautiful to be around in some sense. It's the Ego that has "deep conversations" and It's the Ego that says "I don't want to be around average people". 

That being said, it is definitely great to have a few friends who are on a similar wave length or share the interest in non-duality. But certainly not necessary to detach from the people that aren't. They are still great teachers even if they aren't conscious of the lessons they give! 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

7 hours ago, Shmurda said:

The more time you spend with this work the more you realise that any type of person is a beautiful to be around in some sense. It's the Ego that has "deep conversations" and It's the Ego that says "I don't want to be around average people". 

That being said, it is definitely great to have a few friends who are on a similar wave length or share the interest in non-duality. But certainly not necessary to detach from the people that aren't. They are still great teachers even if they aren't conscious of the lessons they give! 

+1 Very good reply. It is okay and perhaps enhances your growth to develop friendships with people who are conscious but avoiding and judging those who are not conscious at it's core probably has to do with avoiding unconscious aspects of yourself. 

@gggkkk I’m in Mississauga! Was searching for a post about people in Toronto when I found this? Would be interesting if we could organize small group meetups and just chat regularly