Eren Eeager

How many hours of meditation I need on average to enlighten?

44 posts in this topic

I have seen two examples of people who were enlightened and both said it was after 20 years of meditation, but a lot of that time was spent dicking around and doing this incorrectly. If you can self inquiry almost 24/7 and do therapy to unwire what is holding you back, I believe you can stream-entry in just a few years. But you shouldn't view it as getting somewhere, the better attitude is to just be present at that moment and not imagine a future scenario.

@iamthat  You have done +40 years of meditation and yoga??!!  did you reach enlightenment?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

18 hours ago, Aaron p said:

If your asking me who I think has achieved "personlessness" I'd probably say at least leo haha

What is a who? 

Have you contemplated the belief you’re a who, and sustaining that belief by assessing other who’s as enlightened or not...as in separate selves, etc? This might be keeping a charade going right under your nose, which you’re trying very hard to overcome or beat. 

What if there’s nothing to achieve or become, but a matter of uncovering beliefs?

What if that 5meo never comes? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

This is a very important question but rarely asked or answered.

Can some of the more advanced seekers share with us their experience of meditation or kriya yoga? Did you enlighten? If yes , how much time did it take?

There was a guy once who kept asking "how do I get enlightened?".

He tried many techniques.

He went on many retreats.

He spent hours meditating, and reading lectures.

In the end he gave up. And as soon as he gave up, he laughed, because he just got enlightened.

He was a main character in a blockbuster movie, and enlightenment was the climax of the movie. 

In the 2nd sequel of that movie, he was an old wise spiritual teacher. A student came up to him and asked what's the fastest way to enlighten. He said 10000 hours. After 10000 hours, nothing happened to the student. The student gave up and as soon as he gave up, the climax to the sequel happened.

You're acting dude. Its all an act. You asking this question is an act. And you're asking this question as part of movie. You wanna awaken? Sure keep asking what's the most powerful meditation techniques, how long you must train, etc. That will keep the movie engaging and fun. But if you really wanna wake up, why don't you toss the movie away? And if you really want an answer to your question, maybe ask yourself, "how long are you gonna ask how long it takes to enlighten, how long are ya gonna meditate, do yoga, kriya, retreats, etc. Before you throw it all away and accept reality as it is? Accept this movie not based on your spiritual beliefs and motives and values, but based on how it actually is? How long will it take, before you throw everything away?"

@electroBeam  so what are you suggesting exactly? 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

2 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

@electroBeam  so what are you suggesting exactly? 

What I'm suggesting, really depends on you, not me.

I could be suggesting, your question has nothing to do with getting enlightened faster, but rather, perpetuating the matrix. And therefore you should go meta on your question.

Or I could be suggesting for you to continue with your question, but do it passionately, with excitement, curiosity, detachment, honesty and genuine intent. Rather than based off fear, inferiority, achieving goals or obtaining a particular state. 

Its really your call. 

49 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What if that 5meo never comes? 

It will haha

Bowing to dog master. One day diogenes was at his quest searching for sollitude dissaoi ted in peeps and society and saw wondering yellow dog who was searching and following people in hope that someone will open his heart and take her. It was cold dog was shaking but it looked at Diogenes with loving eyes. Maybe thisstranger will pick me up. Diogenes figured out there must be something more to life then mindless grinding and rat race. Diogenes picked her up. She was only a month or two old dunno she was small puppy and under his arm Took her home. 

Eversince that day love still lasts. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

7 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

@iamthat  You have done +40 years of meditation and yoga??!!  did you reach enlightenment?

December 1986.

Peace

12 minutes ago, iamthat said:

December 1986.

Peace

wow!!

can you share your routine with us? did you do any psychedelics? 

On 8/10/2020 at 8:08 AM, Eren Eeager said:

wow!!

can you share your routine with us? did you do any psychedelics? 

Psychedelics? A waste of time (and I did my fair share before I took up meditation).

Meditation practice - Shabd Yoga (or meditation on Inner Light & Sound). I was initiated into this in 1979.

Meditation routine - when I first began, a lot of meditation. 2 hours every morning and 2 hours every evening plus a 6 hour meditate at weekends. And regular longer meditates, beginning with 12 hours and working my way up to doing a couple of 8 day meditates, sitting for perhaps 16 hours a day. Once you get past the 2 day barrier then sitting for longer periods is no problem (at least that was my experience - others may disagree).

Many years ago I wrote down my experiences of December 1986 - the edited details are:

In early December 1986 I had been practising meditation for over seven years, including many longer meditations of several days. A few months previously I had left my job in IT in London and moved into my parents’ house while they were living abroad. I lived on my own, with no commitments of any sort, so I had plenty of free time.

In recent weeks I had been having various interesting experiences in meditation, and one Sunday afternoon I felt a strong impulse to sit down and meditate for enlightenment. I had no idea what to do or how long it might take, but I was willing just to sit and meditate until something happened.

So I sat down to meditate with a commitment and focus I had rarely felt before, just concentrating on the inner Sound and inner Light. The inner Sound was very loud and the inner Light was very bright, and my meditation was filled with energy. I meditated into the evening and went to bed.

I spent much of the Monday in meditation. The Light and Sound were very powerful, and energy continued to flow  through me. At one stage I decided to have a bath, and my consciousness was flowing out into the bathroom walls; I could not tell where I ended and the walls began.

I continued my meditation into the evening. My chakras felt aligned, and the Sound current filled my whole body. It felt as if the entire range of sound was flowing through my spine, from the deepest sound at the base of my spine, to the finest sound at my throat. My head was empty, beyond all sound, and the energy continued to flow. The Light was golden-white and brilliant, and I gazed upon it, every part of me striving to surrender. I had no thought except to lose myself in that Light, when suddenly the Light dissolved. There was just space and emptiness. The flow of energy which had been so strong suddenly ceased. Everything was still and peaceful. I don’t know how long I sat there, resting in the stillness, but then I began to wonder what had happened to all that energy. Eventually I came out of meditation and turned on the light, as the room was now dark.

I was the Self and the Self was everywhere. I was the walls, the carpet, the furniture, the space between it all. I speak of “I”, but there was no personal identity. There was one Being pervading everything, and I was that one Being. Individualised consciousness was present, localised in the physical body, gazing out at the Self, but my body was just another physical object sitting in this one Being. Nothing limited me, nothing interrupted me, I was complete Being. I went downstairs to make a cup of tea, and I was not moving; instead my body was moving in the stillness that was the Self.

I woke up the next morning, and the Self was still present, I was still everywhere. After some more meditation, I went for a walk outside. I was the pavement and the houses and the trees and the sky and the clouds. I was the cars as they drove through the one Being that was me. I was everyone I saw – we were all physical bodies within this one Being. There was only the Self which existed without limits.

And this has been my daily reality since December 1986. The Self never changes, it never goes away. The mind is still present, with all its limitations. Emotions are still present, with all their highs and lows. My personality is still there, with all its strengths and weaknesses, but it is just a collection of habitual patterns. But behind it all, unchanging, always present, there is limitless Being.

Hope this has been of interest.

Peace

Edited by iamthat

An hour a day keeps the devil at bay. Duration? As long as your body is still functioning, for the rest of your life.

20 minutes ago, iamthat said:

And this has been my daily reality since December 1986. The Self never changes, it never goes away. The mind is still present, with all its limitations. Emotions are still present, with all their highs and lows. My personality is still there, with all its strengths and weaknesses. But behind it all, unchanging, always present, there is limitless Being.

Do you still get distract by emotions or thoughts or so called personality? 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

7 minutes ago, James123 said:

Do you still get distract by emotions or thoughts or so called personality? 

Indeed. In some ways, nothing changes, and yet everything has changed. The body, the emotions and the mind do what they do, but the knowledge that I am none of them is always present.

Peace

5 minutes ago, iamthat said:

Indeed. In some ways, nothing changes, and yet everything has changed. The body, the emotions and the mind do what they do, but the knowledge that I am none of them is always present.

Peace

Great brother. Because after my awakening, mind didn’t come back or self. The moment goes goes and goes on. Peace ?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@iamthat Does egoic reality ever cloud enlightenment do you keep meditating every day? have you ever tried 5 meo?

Your text is motivating

2 hours ago, iamthat said:

Psychedelics? A waste of time (and I did my fair share before I took up meditation).

Meditation practice - Shabd Yoga (or meditation on Inner Light & Sound). I was initiated into this in 1979.

Meditation routine - when I first began, a lot of meditation. 2 hours every morning and 2 hours every evening plus a 6 hour meditate at weekends. And regular longer meditates, beginning with 12 hours and working my way up to doing a couple of 8 day meditates, sitting for perhaps 16 hours a day. Once you get past the 2 day barrier then sitting for longer periods is no problem (at least that was my experience - others may disagree).

Many years ago I wrote down my experiences of December 1986 - the edited details are:

In early December 1986 I had been practising meditation for over seven years, including many longer meditations of several days. A few months previously I had left my job in IT in London and moved into my parents’ house while they were living abroad. I lived on my own, with no commitments of any sort, so I had plenty of free time.

In recent weeks I had been having various interesting experiences in meditation, and one Sunday afternoon I felt a strong impulse to sit down and meditate for enlightenment. I had no idea what to do or how long it might take, but I was willing just to sit and meditate until something happened.

So I sat down to meditate with a commitment and focus I had rarely felt before, just concentrating on the inner Sound and inner Light. The inner Sound was very loud and the inner Light was very bright, and my meditation was filled with energy. I meditated into the evening and went to bed.

I spent much of the Monday in meditation. The Light and Sound were very powerful, and energy continued to flow  through me. At one stage I decided to have a bath, and my consciousness was flowing out into the bathroom walls; I could not tell where I ended and the walls began.

I continued my meditation into the evening. My chakras felt aligned, and the Sound current filled my whole body. It felt as if the entire range of sound was flowing through my spine, from the deepest sound at the base of my spine, to the finest sound at my throat. My head was empty, beyond all sound, and the energy continued to flow. The Light was golden-white and brilliant, and I gazed upon it, every part of me striving to surrender. I had no thought except to lose myself in that Light, when suddenly the Light dissolved. There was just space and emptiness. The flow of energy which had been so strong suddenly ceased. Everything was still and peaceful. I don’t know how long I sat there, resting in the stillness, but then I began to wonder what had happened to all that energy. Eventually I came out of meditation and turned on the light, as the room was now dark.

I was the Self and the Self was everywhere. I was the walls, the carpet, the furniture, the space between it all. I speak of “I”, but there was no personal identity. There was one Being pervading everything, and I was that one Being. Individualised consciousness was present, localised in the physical body, gazing out at the Self, but my body was just another physical object sitting in this one Being. Nothing limited me, nothing interrupted me, I was complete Being. I went downstairs to make a cup of tea, and I was not moving; instead my body was moving in the stillness that was the Self.

I woke up the next morning, and the Self was still present, I was still everywhere. After some more meditation, I went for a walk outside. I was the pavement and the houses and the trees and the sky and the clouds. I was the cars as they drove through the one Being that was me. I was everyone I saw – we were all physical bodies within this one Being. There was only the Self which existed without limits.

And this has been my daily reality since December 1986. The Self never changes, it never goes away. The mind is still present, with all its limitations. Emotions are still present, with all their highs and lows. My personality is still there, with all its strengths and weaknesses, but it is just a collection of habitual patterns. But behind it all, unchanging, always present, there is limitless Being.

Hope this has been of interest.

Peace

damn, it is amazing

if you are enlighten since 1986, why do you need to meditate since that? As long as I know enlighten people does not need to meditate anymore (sitting/technical meditations) because they are "always meditating".

Edited by RedLine