Natasha

Limiting Beliefs

25 posts in this topic

What's the biggest limiting belief about your life purpose that you're looking to BUST?

2 hours ago, datamonster said:

I will never earn a lot of money because companies in my country just don't pay well.

• Is it true that I checked out all companies in my country? There may be other countries out there...
  • Does actually nobody in my profession earn a good living?

Turnaround: I haven't yet found a company in my comfort zone that earns me a good salary. This motivates me to find it elsewhere. I feel so inspired to work in a company that pays lots of money for my work because I have an invaluable skillset that no other in the company does. It is an exciting opportunity for me to find or create a good earning business that pays employees a good amount of money. I want to see, if it fits me personally to employ people or to work in company. It is my responsibility to make this field to be good earning for data scientists. I like to bring about this change.

I will never be able to work as a data scientist in ML/AI because I did my undergrad in business and not in a technical field

• Is having made an undergrad in business a no-go for working as a data scientist?
  • Is it neurologically impossible to learn the skills for being a data scientist when one did a business undergrad before?
  • What is the advantage to having an insight in business when working as a data scientist? How can I use my background as a steppingstone to jumpstart working as a data scientist?

Turnaround: It is my chance to show my skills aquired in business to apply as a data scientist in ML/AI. I can gain enourmeous amount of knowledge in the field of ML/AI because I did my undergrad in business & because my unique perspective brings about a paradigm shift in the industry. I love to connect my passion for ML/AI with my background in business to create a unique position in a company or to create a new one entirely. My background enables me to be the inspiring data scientist I envision myself to be.

This free course was really valuable for me & I think you can truly benefit from this: https://www.coursera.org/learn/mindshift/

Edited by Loving Radiance
Adding link

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Of course it's not as simple and costs of living, taxes, etc. are different. But it sucks because I'm basically sacrificing hundreds of thousands of dollars just because I live in the wrong country.

If money is the driving factor, then why are you still thinking?

it is normal to have a technical PhD or at least be an engineer in addition to knowing all the data science stuff.

I don't think that you want to be normal or average. You want to earn good money.

If you are in for it, then get the PhD or engineering degree.

However I feel that you can educate yourself online. Educating yourself and always aiming for higher targets that challenge you to grow skillwise: Do several internships and show your skills. Promise outstanding results in a given timeframe, keep your employer up to date and then get recognition in any shape or form you like. Use every approval as a steppingstone to show what you are made of by requesting more challenging tasks and deliver againg & again.

With the excellence and experience you can overwrite the shining titles and certificates. You can use your inspirational excellence to market yourself... Edit: Oh, I forgot that you have a business background, well don't mind me explaining all that stuff... ;)

I just lack domain knowledge in others fields except business.

Is the lack of knowledge really holding you back?

Usually people who work on this did something in that domain as undergrad.

Yeah, it is easy to do that. Now deal with the hand you have been dealt. Ask yourself: "How can I gain the insights & develop the skills to develop an AI in one cool field that I don't know hardly anything about?"

But it's not as "cool"

Coolness seems to be important for you.

If the business side is not interesting, then leave it behind; I just wonder why you chose to study it in the first place. Nobody forces you to incorporate this aspect in what you want to do.

In using every perceived obstacle as a steppingstone, you can use anything you want from your skillset. Likewise, you don't have to use every technique in carpenting when building a chair... sometimes nails are not required at all for what you envision your chair to be like.

Edited by Loving Radiance
Oh...

Life Purpose journey

My #1 limiting belief is that people are too ignorant and selfish to appreciate the value of my life purpose.

My #1 fear is that I will commit thousands of hours to working on my dream, but fail miserably and then be left with no practical skill, with an inauthentic life and with a daily job in which I suffocate.

Beautiful topic, Natasha. Thank you for posting it. Right on time! :)

@SirVladimir

Dude you have 40k instagram followers, you are already appreciated. Galileo was excomunicated and given life sentence for supporting the theory that  earth revolves around the sun yet he still stuck to his beliefs until his death, that's called being not appreciated. Just be your authentic self that is the best skill you can develop.

43 minutes ago, wavydude said:

Dude you have 40k instagram followers, you are already appreciated. Galileo was excomunicated and given life sentence for supporting the theory that  earth revolves around the sun yet he still stuck to his beliefs until his death, that's called being not appreciated. Just be your authentic self that is the best skill you can develop.

You have a good heart, my friend, but I know what I am talking about. Do not get fooled by a number. I renamed myself just recently; and took a step in the opposite direction of where I had been previously going. The idea to write stories for psychonauts is completely fresh. Most of my active audience is gone, and I am basically starting anew. 

18 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

My #1 limiting belief is that people are too ignorant and selfish to appreciate the value of my life purpose.

My #1 fear is that I will commit thousands of hours to working on my dream, but fail miserably and then be left with no practical skill, with an inauthentic life and with a daily job in which I suffocate.

Looking for a dance partner?

Life Purpose journey

1 hour ago, Loving Radiance said:

Looking for a dance partner?

Great minds fear alike. xD

My limiting belief is that I think it’s too late to regain my health. Feels like It’s just a matter of time until I catch coronavirus and die of health complications due to obesity, heart failure, and high blood pressure. 

My second limiting belief is that the USA will suffer another Great Depression in the near future and that it’s too late to get the hell out of dodge. 

My third limiting belief is that global warming will cause rising sea levels, mass migration, catastrophic forest fires, floods, hurricanes, and tornadoes that will destroy our aging infrastructure. 

4th limiting belief is that the USA is becoming a totalitarian country. Mean green SJW want to limit freedom of speech and the conservatives want to cling to power through desperate means. 

5th limiting believe is my doubt in existence after death. A part of me bought into the idea that life is a universal consciousness which fragments of a unified soul experiences reality through the limited processes of the brain, and once the body dies the fragment of the soul is once again unified with the whole until the next fragmentation. The other part of me believes the possibility of absolutely nothing after death. ?

On 8.8.2020 at 5:48 PM, SirVladimir said:

people are too ignorant and selfish to appreciate the value of my life purpose.

• Is it important for me what other people think of my LP when my LP is something I would literally die for?
  • What do I live for when it is not my LP?
  • Do I feel dragged down, if 3rd grade children laugh at my inspiration?
    • What does it tell about me?
  • Have I exposed people to my LP to ensure that they are truly ignorant & selfish?
    • Anyway, who told me that this is true?
    • Isn't it itself ignorant & selfish to assume that people are too ignorant & selfish?
    • Do I actually appreciate the value of my life purpose?

Turnaround: It is my works responsibility to make people open and selfless so that they appreciate my LP. I love to work my ass off just to see them realizing how much value my work has. I love my LP so much that I inspire them into openmindedness & selflessness; they literally have no choice when exposed to to the love xD Wait, I want to bring this LP into existence? I chose to? Oh my God... how, how can I even... Man, it makes me cry... seeing the value of my LP... I wanna actualize it so much! I feel so honored and beloved to manifest this creation of pure light and love into existence.

On 8.8.2020 at 5:48 PM, SirVladimir said:

I will commit thousands of hours to working on my dream, but fail miserably and then be left with no practical skill, with an inauthentic life and with a daily job in which I suffocate.

• Is doing something for 1000s of hours really leaving me with no practical skill at all?
    • Is it outside of my control to decide & actualize what is practical and what is not?
    • Where does the impractical skill become practical?
  • After years of sweat & tears and working for 1000s of hours... Is it realistic for me to suddenly get the feeling that my LP won't work out?
  • Is it outside of my control to live an authentic life?
    • Does everyone have one LP only?
  • Is it ouside of my control to work in a suffocating job for the rest of my life?

Turnaround: I want my LP to be practical. Of course it already is. If it would be impractical, I would get the hell out of here. And I obviously don't want to fail, who would want to fail? I mean, a person looking forward to failure is nothing but a failure. Who would be so bullshitted to want that?  But on the other side, how could I develop any skill without failing here & there? ... Now as I see it, failure is to be expected! Failing makes me develop my skills in the first place! Wow... so... how do I get from here to there? Lemme think...

Btw, there are videos about this

1. Fear Of Failure - Why We Have It & How To Deal With It
  2. The Pre-mortem Technique - The Trick To Avoiding Project Failure
  3. How You Must Think About Failure

Life Purpose journey

@Loving Radiance Great analysis, and basically the process I have gone through when questioning these beliefs. Thank you for interpreting it publicly without a flaw, and to any outsiders reading, this is how it should look like.