Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Madhur

How to stop height growth

12 posts in this topic

I am 18yo and I am 6'1'' tall, what are the chances that my height will keep growing, I don't want to get tall anymore. Is there any food or exercise that can stop my height growth ?

6.1 is 185cm that's not super tall, that's actually a good height. I assume you are a guy? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

You shouldn't try to interfere with your natural growth, let yourself become the healthy being that you are. If there's a problem here, it's only with your self-perception.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Michael569 @outlandish Yea, i am a guy...i am just afraid what if my height growth wont stop and become one of those very tall guys(7ft and over), i am already taller than any of my relatives and friends and yet i am just 18.

Edited by Madhur

6'1" is good height. Women love it. 

It will stop naturally, I don't think men grow after 18 that much.

@Akemrelax

Yea I guess, I read that the height growth stops mostly between the age of 18 to 20.

It's a nice height to have in almost any place in the world. Don't worry you won't grow anymore probably.

If you do you can also become a bodybuilder or an actor and it will be cool as fuck

6'1 isn't really that tall.

I am 6'3, I am fine. 

Nurture the body you have, whichever height it wants to grow.

Yes.

Weight Training. 
Thats the only healthy solution.
The rest would include starving yourself of nutrients so your body prioritises survival above growth, but that would also impair your health.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

On 11/08/2020 at 7:48 AM, UDT said:

Weight Training.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but this is terrible advice.

Please do not attempt to stunt your growth via weight training; the way this happens is by putting too much weight on your spine. Growing upwards is simply what the body does. A friend of my family was on his way to a professional football career, but was pushed too hard in the gym and it totally derailed his career.  

If you want to lift weights that is fine, but use a sensible weight. 

The original notion that you must be a certain height is delusional. Again I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but the idea that you must be a certain height and not another height is completely false, it doesn't really matter what height you are. 

@Mada_  Dude I said Weight Training, not put heavy weight on your spine so you shrink ?

While there is no studies about if weight training can reduce growth in teens (for several reasons I can imagine that study design is quite complex )

I think the hypothesis can be true.
Lets say you have a certain amount of growth hormone which your body allocates. If you focus on weight training, your muscles might consume more growth hormone. Also weigh training hardens the bones. Lastly, When your overall tensegric structure gets more stiff, more bundled together, your body might have a harder time to grow because it has to grow against the resistance of your musculoskeletal system. 
This is all pure speculation but from personal experience I´ve seen a lot of jacked small teens and lengthy tall kids, and physiologically it makes sense that making your physique hard and compressed instead of soft and lengthy makes a difference in your growth potential. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?