Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

Starting out on Astral Projection, falling sleep easily

3 posts in this topic

I've tried astral projecting 4 years ago, before even getting introduced to Non Duality and Actualized .org. The most progress I had was feeling intense vibrations and light body feeling, i usually freaked out and stopped, since i didn't really know what i was doing and just watch few videos on it then.

I got interested in this topic again, I really want to try it and experiment with it. I've had decent mystical experiences from different facets and I want to combine them with this to see where it leads. Super curious about it.

My problem now is that i can't even reach that stage, cause I completely fall sleep before it even happens. My sleep habits and position has changed since then and I easily doze off in that situation (lying on my back, relaxed and keeping mindful usually after 4 hours of sleep as they recommend) I've tried doing it at 4 am, then 12 pm, then 4 pm, then 12 am, fell sleep without failure. xD 

I got advise on the subreddit that i should change position to a odd one, so I used no pillow, in the middle of the day, and my palms facing up instead of touching the bed, fell sleep again. Could try sleeping on the floor but I don't think it will change that much.

Maybe I shouldn't focus on the "body falling sleep but mind is awake" part but just be still and keep myself awake, because i remember that I achieved those vibrations with just being still and breath mindfulness.

Any advice?

@Pookie it takes less than 2 minutes to fall sleep for me, but i'll try staying awake for an hour this time...