Elshaddai

Question for Americans: Did you vote for Trump?

15 posts in this topic

If so, why?

I must admit, that from an outsiders perspective, Trump seems to me like a very ridiculous person to elect as president of one of the most powerful nations on the planet.

Greedy capitalist with many weird and offensive antics sure, but not a man who has to make policy, handle defense budgets and control crises like covid-19 and national civil unrest.

Also, he is most likely in bed with some russians :) 

But hey, I don't mind being proven wrong. Maybe trump has some virtues i'm not seeing that only Americans can.

Now i'm not sure this the best forum to ask since most people I see here are very liberal and left wing and yet I would love to hear your thoughts about your president.

Edited by Elshaddai

I voted for Hilary. But it was only because Bernie Sanders endorses her and I trust his judgement. I resented that she was chosen over Bernie even though Bernie won the primary. I was so full of resentment I was going to vote trump out of spite just to teach Hilary a lesson. But luckily Bernie Sanders calmed his following down by acknowledging  the corruption and at the same time told his followers to not seek revenge by voting for a narcissist. 

20 hours ago, Lindsay said:

I voted for Hilary. But it was only because Bernie Sanders endorses her and I trust his judgement. I resented that she was chosen over Bernie even though Bernie won the primary. I was so full of resentment I was going to vote trump out of spite just to teach Hilary a lesson. But luckily Bernie Sanders calmed his following down by acknowledging  the corruption and at the same time told his followers to not seek revenge by voting for a narcissist. 

You mean the reason Hilary became candidate over Bernie is because of corruption?? Could this also be the reason he lost to Biden as well?

Yea. The patriot act has a nice video about how we could conduct more fair elections. 

@Elshaddai I'm not sure why "disenfranchised" people voted for Trump.  He has NOTHING in common with them...i.e. Filthy rich

I'm not American, but if I was I may have voted for him.

I think politicians are usually evil, and Trump, with his antics, seems comparatively less so. I enjoy certain things about him.

The silent Trumpers will not speak because of the harsh judgement and hate.  There is no point trying to explain why he could be the better choice of the two choices, or his good virtues, because people are full of fear and anger and can't even listen to the other side.  He is an ass ... that is true ... but when both choices are flawed and both candidates are asses... you must get overe that and look at the policies, unbiased. Just watch Fox news for a few days and you can see some of the good stuff.

I forgot to add.  I think a person has to be somewhat turquoise to really not hate or fear or judge Trump for his flaws.    If you hate him, fear him, ... you are for sure GREEN

Donald Trump is not real.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

I had a conversation with an indian medical student who voted for trump because he promised some changes in pharmaceutical laws that he was bothered with. At the time I was surprised how what l presived as an intelligent, educated medical student could vote for some idiot like Trump. This was about 2 years ago and he didn’t seem like he regerted his decision even though he admitted that trump never actually deliverd on his promises.

A lot of people grow up in a household where parents push their republican shit onto them and it's easier just to fall in line than to question it. 

Donald Trump can take care of himself. Take care of, and vote, for yourself.

Edited by Danioover9000
Typo

39 minutes ago, Opo said:

A lot of people grow up in a household where parents push their republican shit onto them and it's easier just to fall in line than to question it. 

Huh, a teenager fall in line with the view of there parents.  Laughing hard now.  On the contrary, teens and young adults are more likely to revolt the beliefs of there parents.  Remember......

On 8/6/2020 at 2:07 PM, Elshaddai said:

ridiculous person to elect as president

@Elshaddai

America didn’t vote for Trump, they voted for Hilary. Americans vote, but then that vote is undermined by facets of the system such as the electoral vote, which was invented to undermine Americans put in less influential positions by...Americans. Information gathering, a bit behind the scenes, was allegedly how he received the votes that he did. He denies this, but there it is on record that the info gathering co was paid six million dollars.There’s a doc on Netflix about it, I think called The Great Hack. It also cover’s Facebook’s role, which I think resulted in fines into the millions.

I remember watching the very first debate, and the second he had communicated that he was not really truly representing either party, and that he would switch in a heartbeat to independent if he wasn’t the parties front runner...combined with playing on the average persons fear & shifting it via projection onto the “threat” of Mexico & building a border wall to “keep us safe”...I remember saying to Ms Nahm, yep, he’s already won...people won’t see through that. So what Trump does seem to have, is an enough money, friends, business relationships, influence and intelligence, to pick people who are not only more intelligent, but uniquely specialized. He seems to be very good at putting a winning team together at just about all costs. Oddly, and arguably, he’s very up front about just about all of this. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Bodigger some go with their parents some against them. A lot of young Republicans got their views from their family it's hard to develop conservative mindset watching tv and on the internet.