Scholar

The abolishment of Gender

11 posts in this topic

Notice the language he is using. "I will let my child choose whatever life they want to live!"

What exactly are they choosing? Why is it so important whether a child buys a barbie doll or a toy car? To him it is important precisely because he is still attached to our relative and cultural ideas of gender. Gender means to put different types of behaviours and expressions into different, made up categories.

By doing this we make each of our decisions something grander than they actually are, we create ideas that seek to simplify the world into categories we can interact with. This was necessary in the past, but it's functionality is falling away. It serves almost no purpose anymore. All it does is limit the subjectivity of individuals who instead of simply self expressing, they look outward and determine what kind of parts of themselves fit into what kind of categories.

You will see a lot of suffering coming from this, until people realize that what they seek is authentic self expression, not choosing a preconcieved idea of a collection of expressions which they will need to make themselves fit. There is no choice to be made here, because there is nothing you can go towards. There is no such thing as the feminine nor the masculine. There is no such thing as a man nor a woman. There is no such thing as gender outside of the minds.

Gender has served it's purpose and it will be deconstructed. This will lead to great suffering and that suffering will build the foundation for how to deal with authentic self-expression. It is one step closer to the unified identity, or no-identity. This is one small step towards the evolution of Love.

When you start saying "I am this, I am that" you are limiting yourself. That limitation will be a restriction of your own self. Each limitation was once necessary, and each limitation will one day be abolished. This is why we fundamentally cannot comprehend the future. It is not simply a result of advancement, it is equally a result of the falling away of our legacy.

The behaviour of people a thousand years from now will seem deeply disturbing and foreign to us, because we have been shaped by our limitations, limitations which are nothing but a scaffolding for the never ending process of evolution.

What we are going to see over the next few decades is people freeing themselves from all kinds of limitations and identities. This will give them the opportunity to generate their own identities, to recognize that the creation of identities is in their own hands. This will lead to great suffering, because people have not the wisdom to actually construct healthy and helpful identities. This wisdom will be achieved through trial and error, through pain and suffering. And then we will realize that there is no need for identity anymore, that once we have realize the true purpose of identity, we will understand that we can let go of it. We will fuel our actions through Love, not identity. We will clearly see that identity is a scaffolding, not Us.

That we are not man nor woman, that we are all Equal. That man and woman are just two terms made up by the devil to struggle against the test of time. Much like human and animal, these are just distinctions to justify devilry.

Glory to Israel

I'm sure that the difference in Gender we see today will soften. The Science Fiction Show 'The Expance', which is in the 25th Century, is a good example. There are Gays or Lesbians, very tough Women, all races and what not else. The People who live on the Border of the Civiliced Galaxy are called 'Belters' and live under the Motto: Be what you want. It's Fiction, but I'll think this is the way it'll play out.

I do think that what we have today with that 'Gender-War', as they call it, will be interpreted as crazy trend from the Perspective of Future Generations (5+ into the Future). And I mean any Side in this.

These People who let their children choose are goodminded but there will be a lot of damage... just wait 10-15 Years until the nowadays kids are Adults themself and realize that they really want which can be whatever they choose at 15 - but i wouldn't bet any money on that this is the majority.

Edited by supremeyingyang

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

When you start saying "I am this, I am that" you are limiting yourself. That limitation will be a restriction of your own self.

In one direction it is a restriction, in another direction it is an expansion. 

What you propose dissolves a restriction in one context and creates a restriction in another context. 

Groundless Grounding

18 minutes ago, datamonster said:

Today I think gender is mostly irrelevant in most everyday situations. 

However in some areas it is undeniable that gender matters quite a bit (see video). 

So, imo it would be unfair to abolish it completely.

Let's just acknowledge that there are certain differences that matter in some situations.

And let's also acknowledge where it doesn't matter. In an office there's no reason why a woman can't do the same work as a guy and do it equally well.

What you say has nothing to do with gender, but certain biological factors that somewhat correlate to certain chromosomes in the body, or more apparently certain genitalia. Sports is actually a great examples.

Sports inhernetly are not fair, all they really show is biological different between people. Many penis-people stand no chance against other penis-people, depending on how much testosterone their bodies for example produce. Is it fair that someone who produces far less hormones plays against someone who produces far more? There is an inherently inequality between people that is present, the fact that you have divided it by a metric like genitalia or chromosomes actually shows that you have not really chosen the actual factors that make something fair.

What would be much more fair is to evaluate the physical properties of each individual. By having created these binary categories, everyone who falls out of these categories will have to just suffer the unfairness, because they will be consider part of one group when, when it would be more appropriate for them to be part of another.

Glory to Israel

Many identities are meh, but you should be allowed to do meh things in a free society.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

22 minutes ago, datamonster said:

@Scholar you're right.

in that sense boxing is a slightly more fair Sport since you have weight classes in addition to gender.

but we don't wanna equalize too much either because otherwise you might not find a suitable opponent anymore. 

and if fighters were totally equal in every measurable way, perhaps it wouldn't be that interesting to watch anymore. so, there is a fine line.

I think division based on gender is a reasonable thing in sports. physically women are much more comparable to other women than to men. this separation creates at least a more or less even playing field.

Of course in an office environment such a division would create the opposite. it would be completly discriminatory and unfair.

All I am saying is that don't pretend like sports are in any shape or form fair. There is no fairness in sports, only the illusion to the extend to which it makes it enjoyable to us.

I don't really know what you mean by reasonable. The question is fundamentally whether these divisions are real, and also what consequences they have for society at large, and whether or not there are better divisions we can construct.

We live in a time in which people think gender actually exists, that is it an objective thing rather than an arbitrary classification based on what turned out to useful for us in the past.

Glory to Israel

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

Many penis-people stand no chance against other penis-people

Petition to rename men as "penis people". I like the alliteration.

It's inevitable I think. When that happens I'm not sure. It will happen a long time from now.

1 hour ago, eggopm3 said:

Petition to rename men as "penis people". I like the alliteration.

The thought of calling women vagina-people makes me cringe lol :D:D

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

6 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

The thought of calling women vagina-people makes me cringe lol :D:D

Well it would obviously be 'pussy-people,' duh.  :P