electroBeam

How to manage intimacy needs without being in a relationship

4 posts in this topic

What are some ways of deeply quenching your intimacy needs, without committing to a relationship?

Intimacy needs as in the desire to care for a romantic partner like a child. 

And also, when dating women casually or in short term relationships, what are some ways of ending the relationships gracefully? Considering they get attached. I've already tried 100% honest communication from the beginning, they don't believe it or hope that things change. 

Casual relationships, as you've said it. 

As long as you are honest about not wanting serious commitment, things will end eventually and naturally. Probably she will and things or find someone who she thinks will commit and get cold with you.

Most of the time, the relationship will end:

1. Things will get colder and colder, you both will stop reaching out to each other and that's it. Most common, in my experience.

2. She will find someone and stop responding or being really evasive until the communication ends. Second most common.

3. She will end things explicitly because she got feelings for you and you do not want to commit. This is not common to happen, most people avoid such talks.

These days i usually develop some sort of friendship with the woman and sex is kind of natural to happen and when i don't want to have sex anymore i just don't and i don't talk about it explicitly but keep being friends with her, she will get the hint eventually and the friendship will continue. 

10 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

These days i usually develop some sort of friendship with the woman and sex is kind of natural to happen and when i don't want to have sex anymore i just don't and i don't talk about it explicitly but keep being friends with her, she will get the hint eventually and the friendship will continue. 

Yep awesome. 

19 hours ago, electroBeam said:

What are some ways of deeply quenching your intimacy needs, without committing to a relationship?

Intimacy needs as in the desire to care for a romantic partner like a child. 

And also, when dating women casually or in short term relationships, what are some ways of ending the relationships gracefully? Considering they get attached. I've already tried 100% honest communication from the beginning, they don't believe it or hope that things change. 

Good question's :x

Is it possible?