acy_321

Irrational fear of psychedelics

3 posts in this topic

So I feel as if I’ve sort of developed a fear of tripping this last year.  I’ve only tripped a hand full of times (my first time was just a little over a year ago) but, I feel like i’ve developed a irrational fear of tripping although I can’t seem to pinpoint exactly what i’m afraid of.  For example I was planning on tripping last week but the plans fell through due to work related issues.  Prior to the date of planned trip I felt increasingly nervous and anxious about the upcoming trip, I was overthinking about what could possibly go wrong. I think this may be because my last trip wasn’t extremely difficult but up until my peak I had been thrown into my ego self and was worried the entire time. After my peak I felt the most conscious I ever had. So I know that i’m going to have a huge rise in consciousness but I’m still extremely scared I’ll have a panic reaction during the trip.  What bothers me most is that my first 3-4 trips were purely blissful and I can easily say were some of the best times of my life. Does anyone else relate to this??

6 minutes ago, acy_321 said:

Does anyone else relate to this??

Yes, I do. And as far as I have read the experiences of others here, I think many can relate.
It makes total sense that the ego is scared of being dissolved, even though YOU, the real you, is completely free of fear - but only if you see through the fear itself. I find fear to be an excellent opportunity to inquire into it. It's tough, but it's at the core of our defenses. 

@acy_321 This is what I call the “sub ego death zone” and it can be an uncomfortable space. I’ve felt anxiety about entering that space again. I’ve found it helpful to do low dose trips in a peaceful environment. This can help the mind-body surrender, let go and dissolve attachment to the ego. Or I may take a break from tripping and do other practices like meditation, yoga, time in nature. This can help get insight into the nature of the attachment and fear.