Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VeganAwake

Perfect Brilliant Stillness (David Carse)

5 posts in this topic

Just finished this book which was recommended by Guru Fat Bastard in High Consciousness resources. It's also on Audible.

Wow wow I don't know what else to say other than wow. Here is a quote from the book:

"Consciousness is all there is, flowing, streaming through these instruments in a manner which, in accordance with the perfect unfolding of totality, is perceived as discreet individual entities autonomously performing actions, but in truth this is not the case. There is no individual, no entity, no separate self here to do anything or to be anything, awakened or enlightened included."

-- David Carse, Perfect Brilliant Stillness

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

YT channel called Medicine of One did a reading for it in several parts. His voice is awesome.

22 minutes ago, The0Self said:

YT channel called Medicine of One did a reading for it in several parts. His voice is awesome.

? nice one...yeah I think Sean Connery read this book to me on Audible... or maybe it was Terence Stamp...?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Glad you finally read this one.  I knew it was up your alley.  It's a special book, eh?  Could've probably used some editing (e.g. the chapter "A Parable: Wake Up!" was completely unnecessary) but overall it's awesome.  The author, David Carse, has a website that is also extremely useful, filled with helpful pointers.

3 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

@VeganAwake Glad you finally read this one.  I knew it was up your alley.  It's a special book, eh?  Could've probably used some editing (e.g. the chapter "A Parable: Wake Up!" was completely unnecessary) but overall it's awesome.  The author, David Carse, has a website that is also extremely useful, filled with helpful pointers.

Absolutely the authenticity shines bright in this read... thanks for the link will check it out ❤