Raze

Leaked Footage of George Floyd arrest

67 posts in this topic

I just want to add that I fell asleep shortly after my last post and I had a vivid related nightmare.

I was driving down a street on a motorcycle, with a handgun during the evening (this is not something I normally do, I don't own either a handgun or motorcycle).  A bullet zinged past me from a parking lot to the right of me, a nearby motorcycle cop pursued the guy who shot it, also on a motorcycle, which erupted in a back and forth gun fight and then chase.  I drive further down the street and get stuck at a left turn lane red light, which a bunch of others also on motorcycles.  The chase between the cop and the shooter makes its way down the street where the shooter, struck by a bullet, crashes just at the red light and still alive with his weapon.  He, bloodied and disoriented, slowly gets up and starts firing into the crowd of people I was in at the red light.  I am in a life or death fight or flight state and even though I had a handgun I chose to cower behind the crowd of people to shield myself from the incoming bullets.  Somehow the cop had ran out of bullets in the initial shooting and was right next to me.  I gave him my gun and he proceeded to empty it into the shooter's head killing him.  Covered in some blood and shaking from adrenaline he pulls out his wallet and tries to give me money to pay for the bullets he used in my gun.  I was also in shock and shaking and I said to the cop, "no sir, my tip is being able to go home and see my family again...  you're a hero."  He just sat there in shock fumbling his dollar bills staining them with bloody prints from his shaky hands.  Then I woke up, my heart was pounding and to be honest I feel a little shocked by that nightmare.

I guess you could say my dreams were trying to give me an exercise in empathy like no other. 

I'm going back to sleep now, hopefully to dream something pleasant now lol.

Edited by Heart of Space

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure, and I support that in cases where it makes sense.

Social work is probably best behind the front lines. You don't want to send sensitive Green people into hostile and hot situations on the streets.

Don't forget, social workers can easily get burned out if you send them into potentially violent stage Red situations.

You can't just send social workers into Iraq or the hood. They will get chewed up like a dog bone.

Youre assuming all Stage Green people are pussies, which is not true. What about charity workers and war-correspondents who go into frontlines? Stop assuming Green are sensitive care-bears, also youre not just in one stage, you can channel your Red survival while still being majorly Green. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Lots of disagreement here and it will probably be worse in the real world.

I can already see the right-wing and Trump use this to deny police brutality and racism exist. And I'm afraid riots might return if the officer gets acquitted.

What I see: a broken criminal from a poor black community being difficult to handle + a ridiculous chokehold

Some obvious solutions come from understanding where these problems come from. Which I guess are poor economic and social conditions and then for the police a lack of good training. For example: reparations for poor black communities would be a good idea as well as better training of police officers and re-directing funds to social workers where reasonable.

Also let's remember racism is real regardless of what happened to Floyd and even non-criminal black people struggle because some police officers are actually racist. And peaceful protests do help in raising awareness. I just hope it leads to the right policies that will actually change things.

I guess nothing really changed except now we got the perspective of how difficult it can be for the police as well.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

people are real frightened of physical violence in the US. I think a lot of it comes down to gun control and right wing law and order "tough on crime" policing agenda that targets minorities. also a system not really built with accountability in mind if an officer abuses their power much less the proper training needed in the first place on how to handle conflict, drugged out people, when force is allowed, etc. I can't point the finger at one thing and expect this to change. there are probably at least 5-10 things that need reforming to see this whole problem start to see some resolution. 

16 hours ago, Rilles said:

war-correspondents who go into frontlines?

Real war-correspondents like Chris Hedges get seriously traumatized. Chris Hedges talks about how he had to retire from war-corresponding because it took such a huge emotional toll on him. Many of his best friends were killed, etc.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Real war-correspondents like Chris Hedges get seriously traumatized. Chris Hedges talks about how he had to retire from war-corresponding because it took such a huge emotional toll on him. Many of his best friends will killed, etc.

Orange cant be traumatized?

14 hours ago, Rilles said:

Orange cant be traumatized?

Police are trained to deal with hostile situations and they are given tools and weapons for such purposes.

What if a social worker walked up to George Floyd and he had a gun? You see the problem? You can't know ahead of time which situations will go hostile. It's all too easy to Monday-morning quarterback about it once you see the video. But it's very different when its happening to you in real-time and your life is on the line.

You must take into account the fog of war. Life is easy when you assume no fog of war.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Police are trained to deal with hostile situations and they are given tools and weapons for such purposes.

What if a social worker walked up to George Floyd and he had a gun? You see the problem? You can't know ahead of time which situations will go hostile. It's all to easy to Monday-morning quarterback about it once you see the video. But it's very different when its happening to you in real-time and your life is on the line.

You must take into account the fog of war. Life is easy when you assume no fog of war.

I get your point, I still think you could look into other countries in Europe that barely have to shoot people yet still have dangerous zones. Its easy to be biased by the country you live in, no offence, that goes for me too, of course. 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/police-killings-by-country

Edited by Rilles

17 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I get your point, I still think you could look into other countries in Europe that barely have to shoot people yet still have dangerous zones. Its easy to be biased by the country you live in, no offence, that goes for me too, of course. 

Everyone here respects cops what i see on these videos of how people react to cops like cops dont have authority over them is insane to me. 

7 hours ago, Opo said:

Everyone here respects cops what i see on these videos of how people react to cops like cops dont have authority over them is insane to me. 

That is red in a nutshell and why the cops pull the gun in the first place.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, ItsNick said:

Some obvious solutions come from understanding where these problems come from. Which I guess are poor economic and social conditions and then for the police a lack of good training. For example: reparations for poor black communities would be a good idea as well as better training of police officers and re-directing funds to social workers where reasonable.

I think reparations is one of the most green idea's ever conceived.  It's also a bad idea in my opinion.  Reparations will have very little effect on the long term socioeconomic status of people of color.  I think the answer is more structural changes to society, which allow people to pull themselves up through society.  Reparations money will just get squandered and then everyone will be back at square one.  

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

That is red in a nutshell and why the cops pull the gun in the first place.

The cop approached George and he doesn't know him, they aren't buddies, for all the cop know, George could easily be carrying a gun and, as you should know, we aren't in a video game here, if you lose your life, it is DONE and all it takes to lose your life is the 2 seconds it takes to pull out a gun and pull the trigger.

The cop repeatedly asked him to raise his hands and put them on the steering wheel precisely because of that and George repeatedly disobeyed a simple order. He was panicking, probably on drugs and people on drugs panicking can easily kill someone on the heat of the moment.

If a cop asks you to raise your hands, it is NOT because he gets off his authority, it is a standard security procedure.  

I have had cops pointing guns to me a few times. It was a relaxing experience? Not at all, but i kept cool, slow movements, showing hands and all went fine.

Hi, 

Watched the video. I don't know why the cop approached with his gun drawn, but I can see why the cop was getting frustrated. They don't like it when they tell you to do something and you repeatedly break it (taking hands off the steering wheel) 

You don't know if people like this are going to try and run or fight when they are in that state of panic, and the fact that he was a big guy didn't help. 

That said I can say that police need better training and not better equipment. 

They have all these tools but ultimately couldn't calm/restrain him competently. Besides tragedy that's all I see here, incompetence. 

I can see how stage green gets triggered here by Floyd's pleading, but here we have unknowns from the cops' perspective: is he on drugs, does he have a gun, is he alone? 

If we want to talk about social workers, send one in AFTER he is successfully detained and no longer a potential threat. If that means sitting him on the curb instead of in the back seat then fine. But we wouldn't need a social worker to calm him down if the police could handle this better. 

Police have to deal with all sorts of different areas of the human psyche. Being able to identify and deal with those is more important than learning choke holds. Sociology and psychology basics could go a lot further in future police than  military equipment. That's where "defunding" the police could come in; Trading in military equipment for more extensive training including mental and physical,then continuing education after basic training. 

If we had programs like this, or something along those lines then maybe nobody would be dead or in prison. There would have to be a lot of systematic changes for any significant change regardless .

56 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

If a cop asks you to raise your hands, it is NOT because he gets off his authority, it is a standard security procedure.  

Yes but, a lot of cops get their sense of pride by the authority that the badge gives them.

When they feel insecure they start doing stupid shit for no reason other than to feel someone submit to their authority. 

5 minutes ago, Zega said:

Hi watched the video. I don't know why the cop approached with his gun drawn,

He didnt he pulled the gun out when George pulled his hand back. 

Maybe you are thinking of a flashlight he used to knock on the door. 

Edited by Opo

25 minutes ago, Opo said:

Yes but, a lot of cops get their sense of pride by the authority that the badge gives them.

When they feel insecure they start doing stupid shit for no reason other than to feel someone submit to their authority. 

what is your opinion of Derek Chauvin's intent ? 

1) Kill George Floyd

2) Put his knee on George Floyd's neck until he passed out ,
(knowing that using a neck restraint to render someone unconscious
was permitted and in the training manual at the time) 

3) Immobilize George Floyd until he agreed to go in the car

Edited by Nak Khid

27 minutes ago, Zega said:

Watched the video. I don't know why the cop approached with his gun drawn, but I can see why the cop was getting frustrated. They don't like it when they tell you to do something and you repeatedly break it (taking hands off the steering wheel) 

You don't know if people like this are going to try and run or fight when they are in that state of panic, and the fact that he was a big guy didn't help. 

The cop only pulled his gun after the 4th time repeating to see George's hand and he completely failing in complying with a simple order acting erratic and panicky. 

And you answered your own question.

But i am curious, you guys who think the cop was excessive in this video, how would YOU act in that situation? With a completely unknown big man probably on drugs failing to comply with simple orders. 

Remember: you are a law enforcer, you don't have the luxury to let him go, you have to restrain him until things are clear.

Ready? Go!

June 11 interview
George Floyd and Derek Chauvin "bumped heads" while working at nightclub, former coworker says.

He says Derek Chauvin was mad about a payment amount he got from the club. 
It seems peculiar to me that when you watch the body cam video taken of George Floyd
he never acts like he knew Chauvin.  And it is also peculiar how George Floyd acts like they 
are going to kill him but he had been arrested 9 times.  Does this all sound consistent? No

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

what is your opinion of Derek Chauvin's intent ? 

1) Kill George Floyd

2) Put his knee on George Floyd's neck until he passed out ,
(knowing that using a neck restraint to render someone unconscious
was permitted and in the training manual at the time) 

3) Immobilize George Floyd until he agreed to go in the car

Watched the video again. This is my guess. 

George's disobedience and manic behavior made Derek start boiling inside because he was too incompetent to put him in a car normally so he wanted to hurt him to make him comply but couldnt because people were watching. 

After that scraple at the back seat when George ended up behind the car he got a chance to hurt him without consequences and he took it. Then while George was conscious he still wouldn't calm down and people were insulting and screaming at the officers and that made Derek even madder. 

George went unconscious and Derek started paying close attention to him but he didn't let go of pressure because he was angry and wanted to hurt him. People saw George go limp and started to scream even more that just made Derek madder. Good moment that shows how full of rage he is but is trying to look calm is when people try to get closer and he pulls out the pepper spray. 

People didn't stop screaming and insulting him that kept him in that state of mind. Maybe cop could have snapped him out of it but that opens them up in court. 

I don't think he had prior intention of killing him but that it was the heat of moment and that he thought he would get away with it.