Raze

Leaked Footage of George Floyd arrest

67 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Akemrelax said:

He was pleading them from the start to the beginning. it's so heartbreaking. Of course he disobeyed the cops, he was having a panic attack.

He was sitting in his own car just 10 minutes ago!

Cops can't take that shit seriously. "Oh sorry, officer. I might have a panic attack which is why I won't get in your police car."

This is a joke.

When a cop comes to arrest you, you better obey or expect shit to go down. Cops can't be coddling a guy for 10 minutes to get in their car. This is not kindergarten.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, Akemrelax said:

He was pleading them from the start to the beginning. it's so heartbreaking. Of course he disobeyed the cops, he was having a panic attack.

Yea i though so too but when people get panic attacks they start breathing faster and shallower his breathing seemed normal. This is speculation but it looks to me like he is faking an emotion. 

Maybe it's the effect of meth. 

Edited by Opo

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He was sitting in his own car just 10 minutes ago!

Maybe his panic attack started when he saw the cop and progressively grew from there, how do you know? that can certainly happen. I don't think his emotion was fake.

If you saw a bear walking in the woods and get a panic attack, we won't say, "well, you were walking quietly 10 minutes ago."

Even if he was not sitting in the car it doesn't mean the cops get to kill him. It's still excessive use of force.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Cops can't take that shit seriously. "Oh sorry, officer. I might have a panic attack which is why I won't get in your police car."

Of course they can if the signs are there.What do they do with a real panic attack victim or some other attack like heart attack, or asthma attack?

Edited by Akemrelax

She does the same shit making a crying face and changing the voice but no tears and same breathing. 

13 minutes ago, Opo said:

She does the same shit making a crying face and changing the voice but no tears and same breathing. 

It's not even close to the Floyd situation. Floyd was straight up disoriented and way more startled. The officer pulled a gun on him. He was telling them not to kill him and said he would rather lay on the ground than sit in the car cause he was so stressed.

When did being afraid to die and panicking, two very human responses, become resisting arrest? He wasn't punching the officers or anything that endangered their lives.

Lmao! He was putting a gun in his face, of course he panicked! How about asking to roll down the window and talk to him to first! You people who defend the cop are hilarious! And whats with telling the passerbys to stand against the wall! That would never happen in my country, I can walk past an arrest, thats my right. I like to see how you people would react having a gun shoved in your face, doesnt matter if youre high or not. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

27 minutes ago, Akemrelax said:

When did being afraid to die and panicking, two very human responses, become resisting arrest? He wasn't punching the officers or anything that endangered their lives.

That isn't resisting an arrest but pushing yourself with the legs to fall out of the car or tensing up and pushing against an officer that is trying to put you in a car is. 

"He was telling them not to kill him and said he would rather lay on the ground than sit in the car cause he was so stressed." 

They cant spend entire day babysitting him until he decides he is ready. 

What if he lays there like a retard for 4 days? When is it ok to use force to put him in the car?

Edited by Opo

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Lmao! He was putting a gun in his face, of course he panicked! How about asking to roll down the window and talk to him to first! You people who defend the cop are hilarious! And whats with telling the passerbys to stand against the wall! That would never happen in my country, I can walk past an arrest, thats my right. I like to see how you people would react having a gun shoved in your face, doesnt matter if youre high or not. 

Okay he didn't respond when the cop told him to put hands on the wheel ofcourse the cop panicked and had to react. 

He did try to talk but George was too scattered. 

Anyone who defends only one side is hilarious. 

Cop put them against the wall because he had adrenaline in him because he pulled a gun and had to create order so he could relax. 

I would try to obey the commands idn if i could perfectly but i could for sure better than George but then again idn what is it like on meth. 

Do you mind saying from which country are you? 

Most Americans have no clue what good policing looks like so they think this iron fist approach is just how it is "cause the world is dangerous." Cops came in acting like hostile douchebags. The problem is systemic though so I know it runs deep. If police had a less violent/dangerous image for black people, were trained to handle people on drugs and not act hostile (especially towards minorities) and gun control was taken seriously this would happen a lot less. 

This is not the first time the American police abuses its power.

https://anewspost.com/cops-mocking-dallas-man/

Tony Timpa, the 32-year-old man in the video, died after being pinned to the ground for fourteen minutes. One of the most tragic and ironic things about this situation is the fact that Timpa called the police himself.

Apparently, he told them he was off of his psychotropic medication for schizophrenia and depression and required assistance. The police responded to his call in the parking lot of an adult bookstore.

Edited by Member

It's fascinating to observe how much disagreement cause issues like this just on a like-minded forum.

Amplified a billion times, it puts into perspective the whole human plane of existence where rocks constantly clash and claw. It's so hard to carry through with a change. So damn hard.

Edited by SirVladimir

5 hours ago, Osaid said:

Police Activity is a really good channel to see what its like from the cop's perspective (Not for the faint of heart, obviously)

Look at how fast this situation turns deadly

In this video you can see how hard it can be to decide when it is acceptable to use deadly force. I honestly think she should have shot earlier, the guy was WAY to close, you'd be surprised at how fast people can cover distance.

Wow.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

This shit is crazy. 
@Osaid & @Rilles thank you so much for sharing!

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is that social workers are gonna be stage Green care-bear types. But someone like George Floyd is a stage Red type. Stage Red will streamroll a stage Green, unarmed social worker.

You can't just send in a social worker because you don't know if Floyd had a knife, a gun, or was high on meth and would bite her nose off. You can't just go into a situation like that assuming that he's gonna be nice. He might be nice 98% of the time, but when you're dealing with such people every day for years, that 2% adds up real fast.

The problem with stage Red people (who police mostly deal with), is that they won't listen to reason. They often have mental disorders and they are living in their own private world. Notice how incoherent Floyd's mental state is. His mind is gone. He cannot follow the simplest of instructions.

Criminal types often have mental disorders.

@Leo Gura I totally agree.
That said, SD stage green (& femininity) can be a powerful tool when it comes to helping criminals re-enter society:

Edited by Spiral Wizard

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

On 8/5/2020 at 3:55 AM, Spiral Wizard said:

That said, SD stage green (& femininity) can be a powerful tool when it comes to helping criminals re-enter society

Sure, and I support that in cases where it makes sense.

Social work is probably best behind the front lines. You don't want to send sensitive Green people into hostile and hot situations on the streets.

Don't forget, social workers can easily get burned out if you send them into potentially violent stage Red situations.

You can't just send social workers into Iraq or the hood. They will get chewed up like a dog bone.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, Leo Gura said:

Maybe. We'd have to test it and see if it's viable.

This stuff is not a matter of ideology. We have to test it to make sure it works in the real-world.

I will support whatever is shown to work in the real-world.

Check out Campaign Zero in that case. Have proven that certain ideas, when instituted, lower police brutality. Some ideas include having a national database of bad cops. Believe it or not, there is no such database, so a bad cop can move and get rehired immediately.

Another thing they say is to demilitarize the police. Take away war-surplus weapons.

Ban certain uses of force such as choke holds.

Carry less lethal firearms.

Where viable, have a peaceable alternative to police.

etc. etc. etc.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

I can see the perspective of some of the people who are pointing out things that counter the one sided narrative that this was a cold blooded murder.  There are certainly a lot of valid points being made.  

I'd also like to add a couple things.  

It's important to keep in mind that there is a greater socioeconomic context and history of oppression, which this particular event symbolizes.  Sure I agree, it's not pure example of a  cold blooded murder.  George Floyd was murdered though, just not specifically by Derek Chauvin.  He was murdered the complex multi-generational oppressive environment that produced him, his behaviors, and his psychological state when interacting with police.  

Even though there are arguments to be made in regards to the relative innocence of the officers involved, I think that it is reasonable to expect better.  Why not analyze this interaction and try to see how the cops could have handled the situation so that it had a better outcome?  Maybe physical restraint was needed, but why are our cops not trained extensively in non-lethal grappling techniques that would have saved Georges life?  I believe that we and our police could do better.   

Edited by Heart of Space

41 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Why not analyze this interaction and try to see how the cops could have handled the situation so that it had a better outcome?

Certainly this should be done, and I assume it is being done by the police in that city.

Of course a 5 minute+ choke-hold should not be allowed. That is a misuse of a choke-hold. Choke-holds should only be done in extreme cases and for short periods of time (let's say, 1 min max).

Minneapolis Police Department Training Manual (has been changed since) 

5-311 USE OF NECK RESTRAINTS AND CHOKE HOLDS (10/16/02) (08/17/07) (10/01/10) (04/16/12)

DEFINITIONS I.

Choke Hold: Deadly force option. Defined as applying direct pressure on a person’s trachea or airway (front of the neck), blocking or obstructing the airway (04/16/12)

Neck Restraint: Non-deadly force option. Defined as compressing one or both sides of a person’s neck with an arm or leg, without applying direct pressure to the trachea or airway (front of the neck). Only sworn employees who have received training from the MPD Training Unit are authorized to use neck restraints. The MPD authorizes two types of neck restraints: Conscious Neck Restraint and Unconscious Neck Restraint. (04/16/12)

Conscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with intent to control, and not to render the subject unconscious, by only applying light to moderate pressure. (04/16/12)

Unconscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with the intention of rendering the person unconscious by applying adequate pressure. (04/16/12)

PROCEDURES/REGULATIONS II.

The Conscious Neck Restraint may be used against a subject who is actively resisting. (04/16/12)

The Unconscious Neck Restraint shall only be applied in the following circumstances: (04/16/12)

On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or;

For life saving purposes, or;

On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective.

Edit: The content posted here has been submitted as it's own thread.

Edited by dyslexicCnut